Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idanny34

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
Why? Dust trapped or coating or?
I've only had it installed for about a day and I can already see some scratches in the oleophobic coating. The cutout around the home button isn't rounded. And there's a ton of dust trapped around the earpiece cutout.

Will probably get another Belkin InvisiGlass installed at the Apple Store.

Last edited:

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Do you guys have any tips for me on how to apply the glass screen protector to my iPhone 7 Plus? this morning i received the Ballistic glass by tech armor, this was the first glass protector i ever tried to install, in the past when i installed 2D film screen protectors i was usually spot on but this time when i was installing the glass screen protector all went well but as i put the protector onto the iPhone's glass screen it adhered well and started to stick and once it was done i noticed that a speck of dust somehow managed to sneak into the surface where the screen protector was going to be installed on and basically a bubble formed

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I always use the shower/steam room method. Just run the shower on hot for a bit until it gets steamy. Then I put the bathroom exhaust fan on, 9 times out of 10 no dust on the screen. I've heard other people use their kitchen oven fan and install it under the fan.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I always use the shower/steam room method. Just run the shower on hot for a bit until it gets steamy. Then I put the bathroom exhaust fan on, 9 times out of 10 no dust on the screen. I've heard other people use their kitchen oven fan and install it under the fan.

Thank you very much for that tip, I have the new glass screen protector by techarmor corning accessory 2 coming in tomorrow so I will install it in the shower this time unlike the first time where i installed it in the living room and somehow 2 specks managed to land on the glass and destroy the glass screen protector I was installing as when I tried to raise the protector back up to try and get rid of the speck of dust with the included dust removal sticker it didn't work and made the whole situation even worse because now the corner I used to lift up the protector no long stuck back to the screen properly and was all bubbly in other words destroyed the protector

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Do you guys have any tips for me on how to apply the glass screen protector to my iPhone 7 Plus? this morning i received the Ballistic glass by tech armor, this was the first glass protector i ever tried to install, in the past when i installed 2D film screen protectors i was usually spot on but this time when i was installing the glass screen protector all went well but as i put the protector onto the iPhone's glass screen it adhered well and started to stick and once it was done i noticed that a speck of dust somehow managed to sneak into the surface where the screen protector was going to be installed on and basically a bubble formed
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/best-way-to-install-glass-screen-protector.2000682/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-install-3d-tempered-glass-screen-protector.1989582/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/installing-glass-screen-protectors.1847674/

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I've only had it installed for about a day and I can already see some scratches in the oleophobic coating. The cutout around the home button isn't rounded. And there's a ton of dust trapped around the earpiece cutout.

Will probably get another Belkin InvisiGlass installed at the Apple Store.

If its for the iphone 7 and you have your original receipt, you can call up Belkin and create a case. They are fixing the screen protector for the 7 to fit the screen properly. The new version will be out at the end of November and they will ship it directly to you and you just bring it into Apple to have installed. Doesn't solve your problem until then, but at least you will get a free one next month.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Are there any glass screen protectors on Amazon for the iPhone 7 plus that just cover the flat part of the screen that is thinner than 0.2mm such the tech armor Corning accessory 2 screen protector?

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Are there any glass screen protectors on Amazon for the iPhone 7 plus that just cover the flat part of the screen that is thinner than 0.2mm such the tech armor Corning accessory 2 screen protector?
Joto is advertising a .15 one. That was just a quick search. No idea of quality.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Joto is advertising a .15 one. That was just a quick search. No idea of quality.

Ok, Thanks. It seems like the choice I made with the tech armor Corning accessory 2 glass is good. I won't know till tomorrow when I actually instal the protector to my iPhone 7 plus.

The ballistic glass by tech armor I have installed at the moment isn't very good, it's rather thick for my liking as well at 0.3mm I believe. There is a hairline scratch on it too already and I only had it for two days so I don't know what's that about

This is the first time I got a glass screen protector for my iPhone, I always used film screen protectors on my iPhones in the past, the thing I'm really impressed with the glass screen protector is how great the screen feels just like the actual iPhone screen, the second thing is the clarity of the screen is much improved compared to the previous film protector I had by tech armor, the film screen protector always showed horrible fingerprints and smudges all over the screen with the slightest of use, the glass screen protector seems to be really anti fingerprint which is excellent, I'm assuming it's because of the oleophobic coating on the glass screen protector

Last edited:
Reactions: willmtaylor

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
My wife just bought a 7+ and looking for non E2E. I read through most of the thread, seems like the majority likes the Apple Stote Belkin. Is this accurate?
[doublepost=1477323494][/doublepost]
That is awesome. Calling them right now.
Did they tell you the same?

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
My wife just bought a 7+ and looking for non E2E. I read through most of the thread, seems like the majority likes the Apple Stote Belkin. Is this accurate?
How thick is the Belkin that is sold at the Apple stores?

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY

I called and they filed a case for me. I had to send them over my original receipt and when the replacements are released in late November, they are going to send me 1 to bring into the Apple Store and have installed.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I thought I had heard all of the tricks but the oven hood fan is a new one. I guess that makes as much sense as anything else. I may try that next time.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
So this happened when I took off the Godosmith V1... Gross

IMG_4227.JPG IMG_4229.JPG

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
Can someone recommend a good full screen glass protector for black iphone 7?

0.26-0.28 mm thick.

Thanks!

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
Another question: would the iPhone 6 edge to edge screen protector below fit iPhone 7 in terms of cutouts?

Attachments

• IMG_8436.JPG
    IMG_8436.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 119

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0076.JPG Here is the Turata after removing it. Definitely could have used some adhesive around the earpiece and sensors. Such a shame, was a good screen protector otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.