Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I know we don't know the quality of the new version yet, but based on past experience what do you all think of Cinder by Cupert Technology? The iPhone 7 version says starts shipping Tuesday.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I know we don't know the quality of the new version yet, but based on past experience what do you all think of Cinder by Cupert Technology? The iPhone 7 version says starts shipping Tuesday.

I personally think the Cinder screen protector was the best for a 6S & 6S Plus. I loved it! I emailed Cupert Tech and asked when the 7/7Plus Cinder would come out, but haven't heard back (its been a couple of weeks).

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Very few, if any, have had significant or consistent issues.

I purchased Cinder for my 6S Plus and it was the worst POS I've ever used. IT went on with so many bubbles that were impossible to remove. When I tried to remove the protector and it snapped in several pieces. Cinder has ABSOLUTELY NO customer service or communication. Once they have your money they will never contact you again. I had to do a charge back on my credit card just to get my money back.

Here is my Cinder:

cinder03.jpg
cinder01.jpg
cinder02.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6thDAY

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I purchased Cinder for my 6S Plus and it was the worst POS I've ever used. IT went on with so many bubbles that were impossible to remove. When I tried to remove the protector and it snapped in several pieces. Cinder has ABSOLUTELY NO customer service or communication. Once they have your money they will never contact you again. I had to do a charge back on my credit card just to get my money back.

Here is my Cinder:

View attachment 672015 View attachment 672016 View attachment 672017
Not sure why you quoted me there.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'm going to order a Spigen 2 pack and a Tech Armor and try them all.

The Zagg Sapphire Defense has totally let me down. Another POS.

Last edited:
Reactions: danny8200

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Any good tempered glass that come with a guide/alignment tool?

There is an ESR with a guide tool, it is a decently good screen protector, not the best oleophobic coating but nothing terrible about it.

So, what is the Best case friendly glass so far for the iPhone 7 plus?

I posted this just a short time ago, my favorite so far has been the tech armor corning2 version. I think the best way to word the question is "which ones should I avoid" since there are many that are decent or good or great and only a few that have been terrible.

Reactions: Hooterville

awmstone

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
@willmtaylor you're right. My post iPhone 7 / 7+ Glass Screen Protectors was a little "ranty" and confusing. I didn't like the G.D. Smith or the Tate Guard as much....

I think there are a lot of disappointing products out there, but at this point, the product that makes *me* the happiest, and that I consider to be the best of what I've tried is the D&P product. @Boardiesboi here are more pics of the D&P:
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg IMG_0274.jpg IMG_0275.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 231

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
@willmtaylor you're right. My post iPhone 7 / 7+ Glass Screen Protectors was a little "ranty" and confusing. I didn't like the G.D. Smith or the Tate Guard as much....

I think there are a lot of disappointing products out there, but at this point, the product that makes *me* the happiest, and that I consider to be the best of what I've tried is the D&P product. @Boardiesboi here are more pics of the D&P:
View attachment 672246
View attachment 672247 View attachment 672248 View attachment 672249
Thanks for the pics. Protector looks identical to my Orzly.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
There is an ESR with a guide tool, it is a decently good screen protector, not the best oleophobic coating but nothing terrible about it.

I posted this just a short time ago, my favorite so far has been the tech armor corning2 version. I think the best way to word the question is "which ones should I avoid" since there are many that are decent or good or great and only a few that have been terrible.

Is the oleocoating on the Tech Armor better then the ESR?

Have you tried the Spigen Glas.Tr slim?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Thanks for the pics. Protector looks identical to my Orzly.

Yeh I agree. Almost all E2E glass protectors we've seen to date are very similar or identical. The only difference is the packaging!
[doublepost=1479165453][/doublepost]

View attachment 672246
View attachment 672247 View attachment 672248 View attachment 672249
Thanks for sharing the pics!

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
A few pages back someone mentioned the Peel Screen Protector. I watched a couple of videos on their site and decided to order one. It came today and I installed it. I have no past experience with e2e protectors but I think this would be considered 3D. It is one solid piece of glass. The only openings are for the earpiece/speaker cutout and the home/touch id button. The front camera and the sensors are just clear glass. I don't know how thin it is because it doesn't say anywhere on their site or in the package, at least from what I could see. It was very easy to install, I just laid it down as carefully as I could and then nudged the sides over to center it perfectly, then I pressed down in the center and smoothed it all around. I had no air bubbles at all. Just one area where the protector doesn't appear to perfectly adhere in the bottom left. There is like a line about an inch long where I can see the glue I guess. Maybe this will disappear on its own. I keep pressing and massaging the area, but still doesn't disappear. I can only see it when the screen is off. It feels really nice and smooth all around, meaning I can't really feel a seam. The home button also feels smooth. I don't think anyone looking at my iPhone, other than all you fellow geeks, would even know there is a protector on it. The glass feels really smooth, comparable to my prior Belkin Ultra (Apple installed). The oleophobic coating seems fine also. I much prefer this e2e over the Belkin since it isn't noticeable. I tried to see if there was glue on the underside from e2e but couldn't tell. No issues with my Vaja Grip case, other than I can no longer place face down on a hard surface, because the case barely provides enough room when there is no protector on. I have an Apple leather case too, but haven't tried that yet. I will update if the glue fully adheres by tomorrow on the bottom left side. But either way, I am very happy I bought this. Check out the pictures.
IMG_0139.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0141.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
@darrinS , thanks for the run-down and the pics. I agree with @Itsedstech , in that your bottom left corner most likely will not dissipate--it means the protector isn't adhering to that portion of your device.

The protector looks nice. Looks similar to the Orzly, D&P, Turata, et al.

How much did you end up paying for the protector? Any contact with customer service?

Last edited:

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Is the oleocoating on the Tech Armor better then the ESR?

Have you tried the Spigen Glas.Tr slim?

I had that originally, it was ok but not great. The best thing about it is it has 2 protectors and is cheap, but that's about it. It doesn't have rounded edges and it's oleophobic coating is only average.

Patchworks is sending me another ITG to replace the bad one I had the first time. I am not really sure if I"m going to use it or not, I like my tech armor a lot and don't want to need to buy a 3rd one if I take it off and the ITG is bad again.

joseph34

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Somebody know if Orzly glass screen protector for iPhone 7 plus has a cutout on front camera and sensor or just have cutout on speaker?
Please let me know guys
TIA

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
@darrinS , thanks for the run-down and the pics. I agree with @Itsedstech , in that your bottom left corner most likely will not dissipate--it means the protector isn't adhering to that portion of your device.

The protector looks nice. Looks similar to the Orzly, D&P, Turata, et al.

How much did you end up paying for the protector? Any contact with customer service?
I paid a total of $29 for the Peel. The air bubble disappeared half way. There is a half inch area. I did email Peel and I am hopeful they will be responsive. In their defense, I think I missed the perfect alignment on the bottom region, and needed to push a little bit to the left. On Empires and Allies I notice a slight blockage of the screen on the right side if I look on an angle. That may be why.

But that said, an e2e, even with an air bubble is way nicer than a non e2e screen protector IMO.

Do you know if the D&P protector has cutouts for the front camera and sensors or are they just clear glass?

awmstone

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
I paid a total of $29 for the Peel. The air bubble disappeared half way. There is a half inch area. I did email Peel and I am hopeful they will be responsive. In their defense, I think I missed the perfect alignment on the bottom region, and needed to push a little bit to the left. On Empires and Allies I notice a slight blockage of the screen on the right side if I look on an angle. That may be why.

But that said, an e2e, even with an air bubble is way nicer than a non e2e screen protector IMO.

Do you know if the D&P protector has cutouts for the front camera and sensors or are they just clear glass?

@darrinS the only cutouts on the D&P are for the Home Button and Speaker

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.