Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awmstone

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
The (verified) Amazon reviews are BRUTAL. Just not sure if I want to pull the trigger.
Interesting. I never read them, and oddly, I had never left a review on Amazon. It's like Yelp. The information is such junk. I guess I should go read them/weigh in. But I've found with much of this - it's personal preference. We all like what we like, no?

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Need feedback from you Turata users. Installed it but the entire top left did not adhere. Otherwise I liked the look and feel of it. Was this a fluke/defective one? Did anyone else have an issue? Amazon refunded my money and considering giving it another shot unless this is a known issue with them.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Need feedback from you Turata users. Installed it but the entire top left did not adhere. Otherwise I liked the look and feel of it. Was this a fluke/defective one? Did anyone else have an issue? Amazon refunded my money and considering giving it another shot unless this is a known issue with them.
Search thread for "turata" and then directly tag those who have indicated they used the product.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Have had very bad luck with Tech Armor on my Iphone 7 (g/f's 7+) looking for a better solution, out of the 53 pages of this thread, what is a good "go to" replacement?

cable0guy

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012

No issues with my Turata. I've had it for a month.

Reactions: Paco II

Ferrarifever

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
For me the best combination for my IPhone 7 plus... as screen protector imos 3D SOLID-EX while as case Caudabe Synthesis. The installation of the screen protector went smooth but it took 10 minutes to put out all air boubles. It's very smooth and the oleophobic coating is really superb. The Caudabe case is perfect since it doesn't lift any part of the screen protector. Here are some picture...

Attachments

• IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_3596.JPG
    IMG_3596.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 420
  • IMG_3595.JPG
    IMG_3595.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 413
  • IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 408
Reactions: TexasErin

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
For me the best combination for my IPhone 7 plus... as screen protector imos 3D SOLID-EX while as case Caudabe Synthesis. The installation of the screen protector went smooth but it took 10 minutes to put out all air boubles. It's very smooth and the oleophobic coating is really superb. The Caudabe case is perfect since it doesn't lift any part of the screen protector. Here are some picture...

Yours didnt come with a home ring or you just didn't put it on?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm assuming you're in Asia since you have an iMos?

Wow, that protector looks so thick and elevated.

Ferrarifever

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
Yours didnt come with a home ring or you just didn't put it on?
It comes with a home ring but at the moment I haven't installed
[doublepost=1479424198][/doublepost]
I'm assuming you're in Asia since you have an iMos?

Wow, that protector looks so thick and elevated.

No I am in Italy... I ordered it directly from Imos website. It took a week to receive it and I had to pay 27 euro for custom duties.
It's a little bit thick compared to other screen protector but when you have it on your device you won't notice it.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Have had very bad luck with Tech Armor on my Iphone 7 (g/f's 7+) looking for a better solution, out of the 53 pages of this thread, what is a good "go to" replacement?

What kind of bad luck? The tech armor corning has been my favorite so far.

I have the itg patchwork on now and it's ok but I still like the tech armor better. The patchwork is thicker and doesn't have rounded edges so it's much more noticeable than the tech armor. I barely noticed the tech armor and I think I'm going to go back to it when I get my warranty replacement.

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005

After seeing your images, I am so glad I went for the the clear back/black trim Synthesis for my matte black iPhone 7 Plus. Haven't received the case yet (I am in Australia), but it was a hard decision between the clear backing and the black backing.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

I have the itg patchwork on now and it's ok but I still like the tech armor better. The patchwork is thicker and doesn't have rounded edges so it's much more noticeable than the tech armor. I barely noticed the tech armor and I think I'm going to go back to it when I get my warranty replacement.

Got in the ESR 2 Pack with the guide, 2 Pack of Spigen Glas.Tr, the Tech Armor Corning 2 and 2 Pack of iCarez.
The Tech Armor looks the cheapest of the bunch and it was the most expensive. If I have time tomorrow I'm going to try some of these after I pull off the Zagg Sapphire Defense.

A funny thing is that all the protectors above fit perfect in the ESR plastic guide. I'll report back after I play with some of these.

I'll also make a video of the Sapphire Defense and see if it will actually fold in half or snap like glass.

Reactions: nmeed

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I give up. I had a Belkin Ultra (Apple installed) and didn't really like the look. And when I removed it, I had a glue line all around my screen where dust had formed. I have two GD Smith v.2 3D protectors but the reviews have been bad so I don't even want to try them. I got the Peel 3D protector and couldn't get rid of an air bubble. Tomorrow will be 3 days since I emailed them for support and no response, other than an automated confirmation they received my complaint. The message said to not email again until I received a response. I pulled it off today, 2 days after applying and WOW, a ton of dust all around the earpiece and the upper rim of my phone. The glue doesn't cover the 3D portion of the protector. There is like 1/8" border without glue. And at the top, slighty more. I received today a D&P, based on recommendations here. But I'm done. Not going to deal with protectors anymore. I don't want dust accumulating under the protector and that causing worse scratches then going naked. I have AppleCare Plus so in 6 months I can always pay for a screen replacement if I have any scratches. I wasted enough money already. I have followed this thread since day one, and read each and every post. Probably will continue but like I say, no more protector on my iPhone.

Reactions: danny8200

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I don't understand why you feel the tech armor looks cheap but to each his own. The patchwork itg is definitely on the DO NOT BUY list. Not only does it not have rounded edges, it doesn't fully adhere and has lifting edges. This is the second one so I know it's not an isolated problem.

I'm definitely going back to the tech armor Corning2.

Reactions: rstark18

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I don't understand why you feel the tech armor looks cheap but to each his own. The patchwork itg is definitely on the DO NOT BUY list. Not only does it not have rounded edges, it doesn't fully adhere and has lifting edges. This is the second one so I know it's not an isolated problem.

I'm definitely going back to the tech armor Corning2.

It just looks like it has scratches on it straight out of the box. Hopefully these scratches are only on the clear sheet that covers up the adhesive. I don't believe the Tech Armor Corning 2 has a protective sheet over the front. I only looked at them for a couple of minutes last night.

Did your Tech Armor come in the package with no sleeve or cover over the actual glass? Sandwiched in between the two plastic packaging shells, Like this:

Attachments

• techarmor01.jpg
    techarmor01.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Tried the Tech Armor 2 one before but the adhesive layer wasn't aligned with the glass properly at the top so there was a bit hanging off the side by about 0.5mm and basically unusable.

Other than that, it felt really good and was really thin - just wished that their quality control was up to scratch. Might try another one at a later date when I finally give up with E2E glass.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI

didn't that just come out like a week or so ago?

anyway, I have had random chips show up in corners also not to excited with the overall look of the Iphone7 version (coming from the 6). Like the U shape cutout on the bottom, also I feel they could stretch out the overall glass slightly more.

Also the customer service is not as good as it once was, they wanted to charge me shipping to replace a defect that was not my fault.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
FWIW, I was waiting for the "perfect" E2E glass screen protector to come out. I ordered the Jelly Comb E2E to use temporarily and ended up using it since shortly after the iPhone 7 launch. I ended up ordering the Tech Armor Corning 2 non-E2E last week and love it. The main problems with the Jelly Comb was that auto-dim hardly worked(wrong sensor cutouts), had lifting on the corners and the oleophobic coating was non-existent. The Tech Armor is much thinner and sat nicely on the screen. The oleophobic coating is also MUCH better. I haven't ran into any issues with dust collecting along the edges of the screen either.

I would say I wouldn't recommend a non-E2E if you aren't using a case but with my case, I never hit the edge of the protector with my fingers.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
FWIW, I was waiting for the "perfect" E2E glass screen protector to come out. I ordered the Jelly Comb E2E to use temporarily and ended up using it since shortly after the iPhone 7 launch. I ended up ordering the Tech Armor Corning 2 non-E2E last week and love it. The main problems with the Jelly Comb was that auto-dim hardly worked(wrong sensor cutouts), had lifting on the corners and the oleophobic coating was non-existent. The Tech Armor is much thinner and sat nicely on the screen. The oleophobic coating is also MUCH better. I haven't ran into any issues with dust collecting along the edges of the screen either.

I would say I wouldn't recommend a non-E2E if you aren't using a case but with my case, I never hit the edge of the protector with my fingers.

Did your Tech Armor come like the one I pictured above with no protective sleeve or anything over the glass in the packaging?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.