Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
My Feedback after 2 months use, for the belkin invisi glas from apple store:

Still perfect, i can not see any micro scratches or anything else, it looks like new, like the first day where they installed it.
Its very scratch resistent and you can not see finger prints, overall this is my best screen protector i ever had. It feels like the original iPhone... i can live with the issue, that it doenst covet the full Display, but it has been perfectly installed with the machine without any dusts :)

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013

Still perfect, i can not see any micro scratches or anything else, it looks like new, like the first day where they installed it.
Its very scratch resistent and you can not see finger prints, overall this is my best screen protector i ever had. It feels like the original iPhone... i can live with the issue, that it doenst covet the full Display, but it has been perfectly installed with the machine without any dusts :)
7 or plus?

RWil85

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010

Agree on all those points.

However, the sides of the display are getting to me and I keep thinking about the $40 tag meanwhile you can get a handful of a different model for that price.

Meh.

Apple One

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2016
Hi all,

Looking into buying a new screen protector for my iPhone 7. Wondering what is the best overall screen protector out of all? Can anyone recommend me the brand and name.

Screen Protector must include:

- Scratch resistance
- Smudge resistance
- Tough strength (where it's tested against drops and hammers etc...)
- No air bubble application
- Thin and easy to press screen
- No glare

Thanks, please anyone with knowledge and experience help me answer my question. Is the ZAGG Sapphire Defense the best out of all screen protector that is out there?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Hi all,

Looking into buying a new screen protector for my iPhone 7. Wondering what is the best overall screen protector out of all? Can anyone recommend me the brand and name.

- Scratch resistance
- Smudge resistance
- No glare

Thanks, please anyone with knowledge and experience help me answer my question. Is the ZAGG Sapphire Defense the best out of all screen protector that is out there?

The Sapphire defense totally sucked. It's just a thick piece of plastic and attracts fingerprints like crazy. It also has sharp edges. Stick with glass.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Hi all,

- Scratch resistance
- Smudge resistance
- No glare

I'm quite happy to recommend the Tech Armor Corning Glass 2 (can't remember the exact name, but it's NOT the Ballistic Glass). It's the first screen protector that I've kept on for more than a few weeks after trying so many E2E protectors, each with their own issues or me making a hash of the install.

It ticks most of the boxes you mentioned:
- Scratch resistance: no scratches on mine yet
- Smudge resistance: very good oleophobic coating, so smudges are minimal and easy to clean
- Tough strength (where it's tested against drops and hammers etc...): not tested this and not read anything to confirm whether it's tough or not except that some have mentioned that it's quite fragile
- No air bubble application: zero bubbles/dust on mine using the 'hinge' install method
- Thin and easy to press screen: 0.2mm thin, probably one of the thinnest you can get
- No glare: it's not an anti-glare protector (those have a matte layer to them to diffuse reflected light), but glare is about the same as the naked iPhone glass

Overall, it's not very expensive and very comfortable to use with its curved edges and thin profile. The only other non-E2e glass that I've tried are the Spigen glas.tr and the ESR one, and this is by far my favourite.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Agree on all those points.

However, the sides of the display are getting to me and I keep thinking about the $40 tag meanwhile you can get a handful of a different model for that price.

Meh.

Belkin should be releasing the updated version that covers the entire screen soon if they have not already. I have a case with them I need to follow up on. They are supposed to be sending me the updated version that I can bring into the Apple store for installation.

Reactions: pdxa4

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Last year I went with Daswise e2e screen protector. The only downside to me was that dust would get under the front camera part of the screen protector. This year I think they fixed it. I've had it on for 2 weeks and no dust what's so ever. I did make sure to press down a little harder when installing around the camera and sensor part.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'm quite happy to recommend the Tech Armor Corning Glass 2 (can't remember the exact name, but it's NOT the Ballistic Glass). It's the first screen protector that I've kept on for more than a few weeks after trying so many E2E protectors, each with their own issues or me making a hash of the install.

It ticks most of the boxes you mentioned:
- Scratch resistance: no scratches on mine yet
- Smudge resistance: very good oleophobic coating, so smudges are minimal and easy to clean
- Tough strength (where it's tested against drops and hammers etc...): not tested this and not read anything to confirm whether it's tough or not except that some have mentioned that it's quite fragile
- No air bubble application: zero bubbles/dust on mine using the 'hinge' install method
- Thin and easy to press screen: 0.2mm thin, probably one of the thinnest you can get
- No glare: it's not an anti-glare protector (those have a matte layer to them to diffuse reflected light), but glare is about the same as the naked iPhone glass

Overall, it's not very expensive and very comfortable to use with its curved edges and thin profile. The only other non-E2e glass that I've tried are the Spigen glas.tr and the ESR one, and this is by far my favourite.

I agree except the protector cracks very easy and I don't think it would do much for impacts.

Reactions: Daranx

leexy

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
My input. Some might already have success with the same case combo.

Got the GD Smith Knight for my 7 Plus and it is the same as the Ice Max 3D for my 6s (same curved edges and build quality). Perfect install and fits the Apple leather case perfectly. Very happy with it and would buy again.

Gruv

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016

Got the GD Smith Knight for my 7 Plus and it is the same as the Ice Max 3D for my 6s (same curved edges and build quality). Perfect install and fits the Apple leather case perfectly. Very happy with it and would buy again.

Im also really happy with mine, to bad its thicker then the original 6 version tough.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I purchased the Spigen Glasr, and while is was easy to install it scratches like crazy. I don't believe its advertising that it has 9H hardness, as I scratched it using a microfibre clothe I use to clean my glasses. I used to buy Zagg but went cheaper this time. Lesson learned.

nateofmelb

macrumors regular
May 28, 2013
Burn City, Australia
This is the Spigen GLAStR 9H ultra slim tempered glass screen protector. I kind installed it in a hurry. But it looks better in person that it does in the photos.

21b4yys.jpg

140izk3.jpg

snsking

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2013
Any recommendations on a slim glass protector? Under .25mm or .20mm?

Not looking for much drop protection but rather protection against smudges

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Any recommendations on a slim glass protector? Under .25mm or .20mm?

Not looking for much drop protection but rather protection against smudges
See my previous recommendation :)

0.2mm, nice curved edges and good oleophobic coating. Got mine for smudges and scratch prevention and it's been holding up well.

RansZ28

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Gilbert AZ

I have the Apple leather case too. Can you even tell there is a screen protector on it once in the case?

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
135873c210fa14add09293524e7f6f7c.png

Instead of spending $60 on a "good" screen protector I decided to splurge on a whole herd of screen protectors for my 7+(including some for wife's 7). Did this for my 6 and worked fine. Use em a few months and switch them out LOL

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
135873c210fa14add09293524e7f6f7c.png

Instead of spending $60 on a "good" screen protector I decided to splurge on a whole herd of screen protectors for my 7+(including some for wife's 7). Did this for my 6 and worked fine. Use em a few months and switch them out LOL
Woah!! How many screens do you have to protect? lol. To be fair, I've probably spent almost double that for about 15 different screen protectors for my 7, most of which I binned as I screwed up the install, so it's wise to have spares.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Woah!! How many screens do you have to protect? lol. To be fair, I've probably spent almost double that for about 15 different screen protectors for my 7, most of which I binned as I screwed up the install, so it's wise to have spares.

My 7+ and wife's 7. Will probably give some away to friends too because I feel and when they have no protection

Yeah just makes more sense to me to use cheap ones that way when I screw up install or break it I'm not out much. I feel the $50-60 screen protectors are a investment and I'd be mad if I broke/scratched one of them.

Reactions: Daranx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.