Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I'm really liking the d&p e2e protector, better than the orzly or any other I've tried. I don't know why the recipes on amazon are so bad?

Last edited:
Reactions: awmstone

b0rg

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2009
Well I was a big fan of my Tech Armor Corning Accessory glass protector until I took the phone out of my pocket yesterday and the edge of the protector was chipped in a spot. No clue how that happened. Wasn't dropped or in my pocket with anything that could chip it. I love how thin it is but maybe it's too thin and easy to damage.

I send them an email and got a new free screen protector.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
I send them an email and got a new free screen protector.
Was that for the Corning or Ballistic glass protector?

Edit: your previous post says it's Corning... sorry. How easy was it to get the replacement? Did you have to send the old one back and/or send photos?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Was that for the Corning or Ballistic glass protector?

Edit: your previous post says it's Corning... sorry. How easy was it to get the replacement? Did you have to send the old one back and/or send photos?

I had a much different experience with Tech Armor. I contacted them about 1 of the two I purchased being scratched right out of the box and was told to send it back to Amazon and they would do nothing to replace my protector at all.

Good luck dealing with tech Armor. :(

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Tried my best to show it, it's been there since I first put the protector on yesterday and hasn't really improved. You'll have to zoom in to see it as I I couldn't get any closer with my camera.

View attachment 675730 View attachment 675731
I have the same thing going on with mine. I love how thin it is and the oleophopic is fantastic. The price is really nice too. Right now Amazon has Bodyguardz for the 7Plus for $24.95. I had that on my 7 but it was thicker than the Tech Armor. I have to figure out my OCD/cost ratio. Bodyguardz also offers $5.99 replacements. I went almost 3 months with the BodyGuardz and no chipping on my 7.

Reactions: Daranx

Tomasmekean

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong? This is my third ZAGG replacement and you can see after one day air is starting to get under the shield. I clean the phone prior to applying the shield. The phone sits on a desk flat during the day and never put in a pocket. iPhone 7 Plus with ZAGG Glass+ screen protector.

Attachments

• IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 387

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong? This is my third ZAGG replacement and you can see after one day air is starting to get under the shield. I clean the phone prior to applying the shield. The phone sits on a desk flat during the day and never put in a pocket. iPhone 7 Plus with ZAGG Glass+ screen protector.
Try the Tech Armor with Corning 2 glass it's thin and lays down very good. I had the Zagg Glass + and the Sapphire Defense and both had problems. The ZAGG is cut too long and wide and have the halo problems on the edges.

Reactions: blaine07

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
I don't think there is a perfect 3D edge to edge glass protector that is glass. The ones that I know that are edge to edge that is curve have metal edges. For IMOS, i've been using this since the 6/6s + days and the quality is superb. Actually, it's not that thick when you see it and use it in person. For the price, you pay what you get for. Having tried 4 edge to edge glass in my iphone 7 plus, IMOS is till the best and still the protector I am using right now.

Totally agree
I bought several edge to edge tempered glass before for my 6 and 6s plus
Some even more expensive than the imos
But none of them satisfy me,
Edge lifting, easy to crack around the edges and dust problem on the sides.
Since i use iMos i coulndt be happier, this is the best edge to edge tempered glass for iphone 6, 6s and 7 model.
The only downside of the imos is that some cases are not compatible with it.
But thats also the same with every ot)3 edge to edge tempered glass.

I can guarantee to all of you who are looking for the best quality tempered glass for your iphone that once you try the imos, you wont want to look at other brand anymore

Attachments

• DSC00022.JPG
    DSC00022.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 522
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 536

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Totally agree
Since i use iMos i coulndt be happier, this is the best edge to edge tempered glass for iphone 6, 6s and 7 model.

I can guarantee to all of you who are looking for the best quality tempered glass for your iphone that once you try the imos, you wont want to look at other brand anymore

Does it have adhesive on the actual display area or only the top, bottom and thin sides?

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Totally agree

If that's really an imos branding right there then that's a big turn off.

DSC00016.JPG

Reactions: 480951

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
Totally agree

The gdsmith knight is better. Cheaper, great quality glass & coating, full adhesive, much thinner, and no stupid imos logo on the front.

Reactions: Little Mushroom

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
The gdsmith knight is better. Cheaper, great quality glass & coating, full adhesive, much thinner, and no stupid imos logo on the front.

the iMos is more expensive, and has the dumb logo, but it beats the gdsmith knight in terms of quality by a landslide. the oleophobic coating is worlds better, as well as more adhesive coverage. but the gdsmith is a good cheaper runner up.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Totally agree

Agree. They make a very nice SP that is all glass.

Are they thinner?

How was install?

Any issues with force touch?

Nice job! These can be tough to install...

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Totally agree

Have you tried it with cases? I'm looking for something that won't lift with a Speck Presidio

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
I had a much different experience with Tech Armor. I contacted them about 1 of the two I purchased being scratched right out of the box and was told to send it back to Amazon and they would do nothing to replace my protector at all.

Good luck dealing with tech Armor. :(

I may have received the protector you returned just today... Plastic sheet that covers the adhesive side was reapplied crooked and with several bubbles. Horrible customer service from a company that preaches the exact opposite.

Reactions: Hooterville

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Tried the Anker tgsp. Didn't even come close to adhering properly, all 4 edges had issues.
Same thing happened with mine. I installed it this past Sunday.

I used their "hinges", which worked nicely to get perfect registration. I got the surface dust-free, so when I dropped the protector into place there were no bubbles. And after all that - all four edges are not adhering properly.

I may just leave it in place as-is. This is the third protector I've put on this phone since September, and there's been some kind of problem with all of them. I may give up and just risk an unprotected screen.

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
Does it have adhesive on the actual display area or only the top, bottom and thin sides?

It has adhesive in the top, center and the bottom. It also has some adhesive in the sensor area to prevent dust from coming in.
[doublepost=1481188769][/doublepost]
Have you tried it with cases? I'm looking for something that won't lift with a Speck Presidio

This protector will work in speck presidio, Otterbox symmetry, incase octane, incase rave sports. I am using IMOS with Incipio Octane.
[doublepost=1481188859][/doublepost]

Actually, i don't mind the logo, since you will not notice it when using the phone.
[doublepost=1481188977][/doublepost]
Totally agree

100 % agree. Up until now, my IMOS Glass Protector is still superb, no scratch and the coating hasn't change. No dust under the sensor as well. :)

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Same thing happened with mine. I installed it this past Sunday.

I used their "hinges", which worked nicely to get perfect registration. I got the surface dust-free, so when I dropped the protector into place there were no bubbles. And after all that - all four edges are not adhering properly.

I may just leave it in place as-is. This is the third protector I've put on this phone since September, and there's been some kind of problem with all of them. I may give up and just risk an unprotected screen.

The Bodyguardz work perfectly for the 7 or the 7 plus. No halo on either. The 7 version has been on my other phone since launch day.

Amazon has them on sale for $25 or you can register at the Bodyguardz website and get 20% off. Just build an account like you are doing a warranty and the advantage plan will appear.

https://www.amazon.com/BodyGuardz-P...8959&sr=8-1&keywords=bodyguardz+iphone+7+plus

joseph34

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
It has adhesive in the top, center and the bottom. It also has some adhesive in the sensor area to prevent dust from coming in.
[doublepost=1481188769][/doublepost]

This protector will work in speck presidio, Otterbox symmetry, incase octane, incase rave sports. I am using IMOS with Incipio Octane.
[doublepost=1481188859][/doublepost]

Actually, i don't mind the logo, since you will not notice it when using the phone.
[doublepost=1481188977][/doublepost]

100 % agree. Up until now, my IMOS Glass Protector is still superb, no scratch and the coating hasn't change. No dust under the sensor as well. :)
Could you guys share the link to buy the IMOS for iPhone 7 plus
TIA

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Best one so far. Edges aren't as rounded and smooth as others, but adhesion is the best I've tried. I tiny little bit on two corners are the only spots that aren't perfect.
0e26a608d4558307dd96a02dc7895461.jpg

4ec4eda57334a183c9a73cc74a8334df.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.