Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Does such a thing exist?: E2E where the area over the proximity sensor is cut out, no glass at all, like over the earpiece?
Turata
IMG_0683.PNG

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Unfortunately not. The Turata has glass over the proximity sensor. Only the earpiece is cut out.

Interesting issue I am seeing with two iPhone 7's: the proximity sensor is not liking anything over it, even the clear glass of a SP.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
It's a yootech. Just covers the lcd, nothing at all on th edges. Wanted to get one of the ones with the black borders that covers the entire screen, but that won't work with my current case. So, I figured someone that is using a e2e might have a recommendation on a good case.
Have a look at the Ringke Slim, the lip of the case barely curves around and should leave enough space for an e2e screen protector.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I know it's way too expensive and it comes with zero customer support, but the Cinder by Cupert Tech claims to have e2e adhesive. I know I jumped out of the protector camp. Do I take a big risk?

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
I know it's way too expensive and it comes with zero customer support, but the Cinder by Cupert Tech claims to have e2e adhesive. I know I jumped out of the protector camp. Do I take a big risk?

$45 after shipping with zero customer service would make me very Leary. I am tempted with the great reviews the original got, but man, knowing I'll have no support really makes me not want to.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
$45 after shipping with zero customer service would make me very Leary. I am tempted with the great reviews the original got, but man, knowing I'll have no support really makes me not want to.
I only say no customer support, because I sent them two emails in the past month or so and I got no reply.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

I would not purchase anything from Cupert Technologies if they were the last company on earth. :mad:

Look for my post on page 52 of this thread.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just put on the Tech Armor Corning 2 glass and I must say it's pretty nice for a cheap glass. I actually used the plastic guide that came with the Otium Tempered Glass Screen Protector. This plastic guide worked 100% perfect with the Tech Armor Corning 2. You can see this glass on my Pelican protector pictures in the case thread.

One of the thinnest tempered glass I've ever worked with.

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Just put on the Tech Armor Corning 2 glass and I must say it's pretty nice for a cheap glass. I actually used the plastic guide that came with the Otium Tempered Glass Screen Protector. This plastic guide worked 100% perfect with the Tech Armor Corning 2. You can see this glass on my Pelican protector pictures in the case thread.

One of the thinnest tempered glass I've ever worked with.

Mine is coming any day
38a8f37b1cc13cbaa192fec2b5c074d5.png

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
$60+ for something that thick which doesn't even have 3D edges? No thanks.

View attachment 674883

I don't think there is a perfect 3D edge to edge glass protector that is glass. The ones that I know that are edge to edge that is curve have metal edges. For IMOS, i've been using this since the 6/6s + days and the quality is superb. Actually, it's not that thick when you see it and use it in person. For the price, you pay what you get for. Having tried 4 edge to edge glass in my iphone 7 plus, IMOS is till the best and still the protector I am using right now.

Reactions: danny8200

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Also the Tech Armor Corning 2 has no tabs or anything to hold onto the glass with during installation. I used a little suction cup to hold the glass while peeling off the protective cover from the adhesive.
With that guide from the other cheap (Otium) protector the Tech Armor when on perfect.

Another thing I would add is this glass is Paper Thin and I'm not sure how much impact protection it would actually provide.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I agree, $60 is 3 times more than I'd pay for any screen protector. I just got a d&p im going to try, can't be any worse than the orzly I currently have.
It's in my cart but I haven't pulled the trigger. Currently fairly happy with my Orzly. Please post back when you get your D&P on. Really interested in the comparison.

Reactions: awmstone

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
So much for tech armor HD ballistic glass. Got a 2 pack and neither will adhere properly.

d7fe15c2a61e0a98c4fd178be1fde8ad.jpg

c4f71b8bc5bc9449f947c38c766105f3.jpg

That's a shame. So many screen protectors have that problem. Ive gotten to point I've been buying the cheap $9 Walmart screen protectors and using them
For a few months until broke or not slick anymore and swapping them out instead of buying $50 screen protectors. Works good for me and I've only had one of the probably half dozen I've bought do that around edges. Must be something in glass screen protector manufacturing process that causes it

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
It's in my cart but I haven't pulled the trigger. Currently fairly happy with my Orzly. Please post back when you get your D&P on. Really interested in the comparison.

The d&p went on well and feels a little better than the orzly but not enough to take the orzly off. My orzly had a bubble that wouldn't go away so I didn't mind risking an install but f yours is on perfect I wouldn't take it off for the d&p

Pretty much anything will work with apple cases.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
For a few months until broke or not slick anymore and swapping them out instead of buying $50 screen protectors. Works good for me and I've only had one of the probably half dozen I've bought do that around edges.

Yeh same - Have totally given up looking for the "best" E2E glass protector. Have tried Cygnett, Godosmith, Orzly and they've all been disappointing.

I still have the Orzly on but the olephobic coating is non-existent. Smudges everywhere and I can't even read the screen when I'm outside on a partly sunny day.

And it gets lifted when I try to put on the nice new Caudabe Sheath I got :(

Htin

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
guys are there any screen protectors (non glass protects but those plastic ones) what covers the front 100%? with the curves?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.