Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Got my order in. Jet Black + set for October 3. Hopefully it moves up. If not, oh well. Atleast it's not mid to late November

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Also, paid $100+ up front. What was all that? Tax on the stated value of the device?

Happened to me as well and I've seen other reports. I'll be calling later to get it waived.

Yea on the payment plans it's sales tax on the full price of the device upfront.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Ordered 3 phones 1 iPhone 7+ 256 GB Jet Black, 1 128GB 7+ Rose Gold and 1 128GB iPhone 7. they said I won't receive them till the 28th.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
For me the Jet Black showed 9/28 delivery when I ordered it. Guessing that date will move up and I'll still get it next Friday though.

Same here. I hope were in the same boat. (Do you really think it would move up a week and a half?)

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
Looks like lot of people buying 7 plus in jet black and delicery time frame not on launch day. Anybody fot a 9/16 for jet black?

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
I'm worried that they will screw something up if I try. I'll probably just deal with it. $20 is not the end of the world.

Good point, I've had that happen. I guess I will wait until after they ship to fight the $20 fee per line.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
If it helps. 2 years ago I got a ship date later than launch day at order but still got it delivered on launch day.

Thank you - I know if I went with another color I would be mad too so I danced on that line of instant gratification on 9/16 or compromise and get the other black color.....

I hope 9/16 is my bump to date - I would be super happy until this time next year 2017- when its time to do this again for the i8. lol

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Same here. I hope were in the same boat. (Do you really think it would move up a week and a half?)

I went through this with att one year and with apple another year. It did move up. Never experienced it with Verizon tho. Their website is usually good, but the new layout is complete garbage and just gloriously failed tonight.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I went through this with att one year and with apple another year. It did move up. Never experienced it with Verizon tho. Their website is usually good, but the new layout is complete garbage and just gloriously failed tonight.

I agree. Did you see that the pictures for the two black colors were just matte? The Jet Black option had pictures of the matte black on my end and it freaked me out!!!

davidbow1e

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
Just got off chat with a VZW rep, for everyone's peace of mind here is what he said.

Riley: I checked the details of the pre-order and it says here that , "Customers receive an estimated "delivery by" date on verizonwireless.com when they complete the pre-order and a "delivery date" of 9/16 in the confirmation email."

Riley: So, the date you see (09/23) is just an estimated date. If your phone doesn't become available by 09/16, please contact us back so we can help you expedite your order.

Obviously take it with a grain, but decent news. My ship date did get bumped up last year with the 6s plus.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Finally got through, had issues with not being able to update the billing address, so had to use my old CC.

Also, for some reason the screen was showing my monthly payments to be $47.08 and 51.xx (I don't recall exactly). Hoping that's just some odd glitch.

Mine seemed a little high too. Will look again in the morning

njoverby

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I called and spoke with Verizon customer sales. Some model/color combo's still show a 9/16 date (all 7's and 7+ Rose Gold) but all other 7+ colors show 9/23 per the rep I spoke to. This is, of course, almost an hour after I actually placed my order so maybe confirmation email will reflect different date. No confirmation email yet.

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
I agree. Did you see that the pictures for the two black colors were just matte? The Jet Black option had pictures of the matte black on my end and it freaked me out!!!

The website wouldn't even show me a picture. Kept generating a place holder that said Image Not Available.

Reactions: nikster0029

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Just got off chat with a VZW rep, for everyone's peace of mind here is what he said.

Riley: I checked the details of the pre-order and it says here that , "Customers receive an estimated "delivery by" date on verizonwireless.com when they complete the pre-order and a "delivery date" of 9/16 in the confirmation email."

Riley: So, the date you see (09/23) is just an estimated date. If your phone doesn't become available by 09/16, please contact us back so we can help you expedite your order.

Obviously take it with a grain, but decent news. My ship date did get bumped up last year with the 6s plus.

This is a lie as my order completion page and confirmation email both have a matching delivery date.

Reactions: Barrett85

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Everyone should check your order status. In the confirmation email my date is 10/5, but the order status page says 9/23 :eek:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

My email clearly says 9/28, just like the website. I'm ok with that, but others may not be. I just don't want it delivered later as I won't be in town.

I'm willing to let $20 go for the peace of mind that I will get the phone on the 16th with no hiccups. I'll fight it once it is shipped and out of their hands.
That stuff is easily disputed. Like you, I'd just wait until I saw the phone.

davidbow1e

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
This is a lie as my order completion page and confirmation email both have a matching delivery date.

That's what I told him as well, this was his reply...haha...

You: In the confirmation email it does say 9/23 ship date...

Riley: I see. Just disregard the date for now. Don't worry, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launch in all stores and online at 8 AM local time on 9/16 so you may visit the nearest store in your area by then.

Riley: Anyway, the store will see when you made the pre-order. :)

Riley: That should not be a problem.

Riley: I'm glad that I was able to provide verify your order for you. Will there be anything else that I may assist you with?

You: Its shipping to me though, not to the store, why would i go there?

Riley: That is because you can also get the phone directly from the store once it becomes available.

Riley: Once that happens and you were able to get one, all you need to do is cancel your pre-order.

You: OH got ya :)

Riley: Perfect! The pre-order serves as an insurance that you'll be one of the firsts who'll get the new phone once its released. :)

Obv just blah blah mumbo jumbo on their end.

Reactions: nikster0029

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Iphone 7 plus 128G Black. 9-23 delivery. 2 Year contract. $509.58. Sold my iPhone 6 plus for $400. Net cost to me is $109.58

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Funny thing is, my email doesn't even show a delivery date. But it said 9/28 (which I'm sure really means 9/16) at time of order.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
That's what I told him as well, this was his reply...haha...

You: In the confirmation email it does say 9/23 ship date...

Riley: I see. Just disregard the date for now. Don't worry, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launch in all stores and online at 8 AM local time on 9/16 so you may visit the nearest store in your area by then.

Riley: Anyway, the store will see when you made the pre-order. :)

Riley: That should not be a problem.

Riley: I'm glad that I was able to provide verify your order for you. Will there be anything else that I may assist you with?

You: Its shipping to me though, not to the store, why would i go there?

Riley: That is because you can also get the phone directly from the store once it becomes available.

Riley: Once that happens and you were able to get one, all you need to do is cancel your pre-order.

You: OH got ya :)

Riley: Perfect! The pre-order serves as an insurance that you'll be one of the firsts who'll get the new phone once its released. :)

Obv just blah blah mumbo jumbo on their end.

Time for me to stand out in the store :(

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Everyone should check your order status. In the confirmation email my date is 10/5, but the order status page says 9/23 :eek:
Where do I check order status if I haven't received the email?

Arg, nvm. Found e-mail in Clutter folder.

9/16 for my Black 128 GB and Rose Gold 64 GB!!!

Last edited:

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Wow that was crazy! I was able to get a matte black 128gb Plus for the 23rd. Hoping it will be moved back, if not, will try for the store on launch day so I can get jet black. Overall, glad I was able to get a preorder in at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.