Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Epic Xbox Revie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Washington, D.C.
For the Jet Black 7 Plus orders.....

I am beginning to think we MAY not actually get our phones on launch day. Here is my logic:

9to5Mac reports that iPhone Upgrade Program customers that got screwed by the system have been contacted by Apple and that they freed up stock to open more in-store-pickup options. They clearly state that Jet Black will NOT be available on launch day, the only phone they call out.

Now before you state the obvious, duh its launch day and its the most popular phone, you are correct. But this is Apple trying to right a wrong for customers and even they can't free up any Jet Black iPhones? This tells me they have absolutely no wiggle room in stock for this color option, not even for this special circumstance.

My guess is that our estimates for 9/23 and beyond are real. (Main supply constraints for the 7 Plus Jet Black and less so for the 7 Jet Black) I hope for all of us I'm wrong, but that is my guess.

One thing is for sure, we will find out in the next 24 hours. Either way, its a phone and sometimes we really do need to put things into perspective.

**Maybe the fact that my other order for a iPhone 7 (non Plus) 128 Jet Black already has a tracking number and is due to arrive on Friday keeps me from being more upset.

Why not just say the release date is a week late for jet black?

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Why not just say the release date is a week late for jet black?

The marketing hit they'd take wouldn't be a good look. But the reality is that they likely do have very LIMITED customers getting their Jet Black 7 Plus on launch day. This prevents them from having to say they didn't deliver.

Just a guess. I could be 100% incorrect.
[doublepost=1473888487][/doublepost]
Wait, what? When did you get a tracking?
I should have specified, that order wasn't directly with Verizon, it was with Apple. I paid full price for an extra 256 Jet Black iPhone 7. Going to see if I can make a few extra bucks with all the demand. Or keep it, we'll see.

I do have 2 other orders with Verizon. One 128 Jet Black 7 Plus and one 128 Rose Gold 7 Plus. The Rose Gold for my wife got processed and shipped last night.

I'm able to lookup my tracking info on UPS from my Apple direct order for the iPhone 7 Jet Black. My order page still stays Preparing to Ship.

scott5626

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2013
WOOOOOSH FOX NEWS ALERT!

256 GB SILVER IPHONE 7 PLUS HAS BEEN BILLED BY VERIZON!

Ordered on Verizon App - 10:39PM Pacific on 9/8/2016
Email Confirm: 10:49PM Pacific on 9/8/2016
Billed by Verizon: 1:31 PM Pacific ON 9/14/2016

Thought I'd let everyone know that 265Megs are getting billed.
Well...I guess I can go home now. Verizon sold their only 256gb. ;)

petitechouffe

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I ordered a 7+ rose gold 128gb at 8:33 am CST. I just saw a temp auth hit my bank account. My verizon account does not say its shipped yet but it has changed the "ship date" to 9/16/16. My original ship date on account was 9/28. So, I hope that gives folks with those dates hope!

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Same... go to preorder.verizonwireless.com and it will give you the real ship date which is 9/14.... you should have yours on launch day! Congrats!
I just tried the preorder website and it just gives me the order date, confirmation number and we received your order and is in process along with amount and edit payment info. No mention of ship date?

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
The whole JB issue reminds me of the White iPhone 4 issues back in the day. I camped out at the Apple Store on launch day only to find out nobody had stock of the White 4 and ended up taking a black.

I totally respect your choices but the thing keeping me from even considering a gold, rose gold, or silver, is that white face. It just has never looked right to me. I lost my iPhone 5S back in 2014 and had to payoff the phone and get a 6+, all they had were white :( I can't wait to get rid of this phone lol.

Reactions: Krissy_21

ericiu2

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
What happened with mine is the website first stopped showing an estimated delivery date, then my cc got charged several hours later, then the following early morning I got a shipment confirmation email, and more hours after that I can actually track it via FedEx.

So for those of you who are showing no delivery date anymore and/or a cc charge... expect a shipment confirmation email next :)

mdlv

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
NC
I ordered my 7+ 128 black and got confirmation email at 3:27 Est. However since then nothing. Hoping that another batch of processing will occur tonight like they did last night. Also I'm in NC has anyone in the area gotten shipping info yet for the same variation?
I ordered a 128GB black 7+ as well. I'm also in NC and I received my confirmation email at 3:41AM on 9/9. I have an estimated delivery of 9/23. I also haven't heard anything new as of right now. :(

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
anyone else with a order confirmation in the first half hour for a 128 Matte black plus that hasn't had their cards charged yet? or am I the only unfortunate sole who got an order in at 2:06 CST and might not be getting their phone Friday.... This is horse______________

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I just tried the preorder website and it just gives me the order date, confirmation number and we received your order and is in process along with amount and edit payment info. No mention of ship date?

I'm unsure, but that is the most accurate place to follow right now it's real time updates. Mine says this... And my cc got charged

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: castorbroome3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.