Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Has anyone who ordered a silver model seen movement? I've been following the thread pretty closely and haven't seen much mention of them, sadly.
[doublepost=1473886980][/doublepost]
WOOOOOSH FOX NEWS ALERT!

256 GB SILVER IPHONE 7 PLUS HAS BEEN BILLED BY VERIZON!

Ordered on Verizon App - 10:39PM Pacific on 9/8/2016
Email Confirm: 10:49PM Pacific on 9/8/2016
Billed by Verizon: 1:31 PM Pacific ON 9/14/2016

Thought I'd let everyone know that 265Megs are getting billed.

Ah, I just posted asking about silver models! Congrats on getting yours billed! What was your original ship date shown as?

Chalupa Batman

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Has anyone who ordered a silver model seen movement? I've been following the thread pretty closely and haven't seen much mention of them, sadly.
[doublepost=1473886980][/doublepost]

Ah, I just posted asking about silver models! Congrats on getting yours billed! What was your original ship date shown as?

9/16/2016

Reactions: cas3y5

bdbarber97

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
First time pre-ordering and first iPhone for me, says estimated delivery by 10/5. I'm fine with that wait if I have to, but may try in-store Friday and if they have what I want will just do that and then cancel. Anyone know how to go about cancelling my pre-order through Verizon?

t3chnickal

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
First time pre-ordering and first iPhone for me, says estimated delivery by 10/5. I'm fine with that wait if I have to, but may try in-store Friday and if they have what I want will just do that and then cancel. Anyone know how to go about cancelling my pre-order through Verizon?
If you can find what you want in-store, they can cancel the pre-order right there.

edit: reading the previous page (pg 99), I guess the store can't? So they said calling 611 on a Verizon device, or call Verizon Customer service to cancel the pre-order before buying the new phone if it hasn't shipped yet. People have said they called to cancel while the rep went to get the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdbarber97

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
As info, cc just got charged 128gb RG 7+. Checked status and expected ship date has changed from 9/28 to 9/16. Didn't order until about 10am et on 9/9

Same... go to preorder.verizonwireless.com and it will give you the real ship date which is 9/14.... you should have yours on launch day! Congrats!

Reactions: Pseudoseraphim

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
For the Jet Black 7 Plus orders.....

I am beginning to think we MAY not actually get our phones on launch day. Here is my logic:

9to5Mac reports that iPhone Upgrade Program customers that got screwed by the system when trying to pre-order have been contacted by Apple and that they freed up stock to open more in-store-pickup options. They clearly state that Jet Black will NOT be available on launch day, the only phone they call out.

Now before you state the obvious, duh its launch day and its the most popular phone, you are correct. But this is Apple trying to right a wrong for customers and even they can't free up any Jet Black iPhones? This tells me they have absolutely no wiggle room in stock for this color option, not even for this special circumstance.

My guess is that our estimates for 9/23 and beyond are real. (Main supply constraints for the 7 Plus Jet Black and less so for the 7 Jet Black) I hope for all of us I'm wrong, but that is my guess.

One thing is for sure, we will find out in the next 24 hours. Either way, its a phone and sometimes we really do need to put things into perspective. It's not the end of the world.

*Maybe the fact that my other order for a iPhone 7 (non Plus) 128 Jet Black already has a tracking number and is due to arrive on Friday keeps me from being more upset.

**Thinking of cancelling and trying to score a phone at an Apple Store on Friday, I'd think again.. See article below:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/14/apple-iphone-7-reservation-iphone-upgrade-program-stock-walk-ins/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.