Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Thats on Verizon's end, not FedEx. I'm pretty sure it's a policy that a delivery attempt be made. I preordered through Apple a couple years ago, I was able to reroute the delivery to a UPS ship center for pick up with no issue.

I spoke to a person at FedEx, I want to re-route mine as well, and he said tomorrow you should be able to do it. I gues it's "too early in the process" to do it at this point.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
The state you live in has nothing to do with the order in which you're charged/shipped.

I wouldn't be so sure.... My order time was before many who have already gotten shipping information. So what's the logic there? Obviously it's not who ordered first..... and I could see the argument that the system is so overloaded that even though I ordered at 2:06 CST someone who ordered at 2:09 CST was actually ahead of me in the que.... I'd buy that... what's the rationale for people who ordered three hours later in the same time zone, having shipping information already and CC charged for the exact same model phone?

Reactions: BrittaniFun

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
anyone with 7+ 128gb matte black 9/23 still waiting??? really hope last night wasn't the last of the matte blacks

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I wouldn't be so sure.... My order time was before many who have already gotten shipping information. So what's the logic there? Obviously it's not who ordered first..... and I could see the argument that the system is so overloaded that even though I ordered at 2:06 CST someone who ordered at 2:09 CST was actually ahead of me in the que.... I'd buy that... what's the rationale for people who ordered three hours later in the same time zone, having shipping information already and CC charged for the exact same model phone?
That has to do with the warehouse location that is processing each order. When they process a batch in each warehouse, you will receive notifications. So it kinda does, kinda does'nt matter on the state. It depends on if only one warehouse for Verizon is covering South Carolina in her case, then yes it would matter. If they have more than one, then it would not matter.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
That has to do with the warehouse location that is processing each order. When they process a batch in each warehouse, you will receive notifications. So it kinda does, kinda does'nt matter on the state. It depends on if only one warehouse for Verizon is covering South Carolina in her case, then yes it would matter. If they have more than one, then it would not matter.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Reactions: kycophpd

LKOates

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Is anyone from South Carolina in this thread? Have you all received anything yet? Tracking or processed cc?

For what its worth, I'm in SC and my order has said processing since I put it in on 9/9 at 3:15 am our time. No CC charge yet. Fingers crossed that happens tonight.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
For what its worth, I'm in SC and my order has said processing since I put it in on 9/9 at 3:15 am our time. No CC charge yet. Fingers crossed that happens tonight.

Im right there with you. I wanna see some movement tonight! Lol

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
The original question was doing it online. You cannot do that. You can on UPS. Also, while you have been lucky, most FedEx locations will not do that since it is technically not allowed thru FedEx on iPhone shipments. As someone else said, it must be a Verizon rule because they ship FedEx usually.

I've done it before with multiple FedEx iPhone deliveries. Just called the sorting facility and told them to hold it.

comper

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Michigan
Credit card charged and got shipping notification on Monday but when I click on the tracking number (fedex) I'm still getting "this tracking number cannot be found". Anyone else like that?

Sci_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
SoCal
Posted this from another thread:
Hey guys been creeping on here for the last couple days. Ordered a Silver 128GB + on 9/9 at 10:01AM PST (Didn't know Verizon was doing the trade-in offer) Got a delivery date of 9/28, but hoping I can get it launch day.

Anyone get a 9/16 delivery for a Silver 128GB + in their email? So far I've only seen 9/28...trying to keep hope alive:)

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Yep. SC here. The wife's Rose Gold 7 256gb is on its way for delivery on 9/16. My Matte Black 7+ 256GB is still processing.

What time did you get your order through? I hope i get mine Friday! It's saying it is supposed to deliver by 9/16. However no cc charge or tracking lol

gulbane

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Argh...

Pre-ordered the 128GB 7 Plus in matte black via the Apple.com web site from my Mac at 3:21am EST on Friday. I immediately received the email confirmation. It went from order placed to processing the next morning, and thats where it has remained. No charge on my credit card as of Wednesday at 3:50pm.

Here's the best part - from day 1, it has shown 2-3 weeks delivery and Oct 4-Oct 10 as the dates! Come on! I literally could not have ordered any quicker.....Apple.com didn't come up until 3:10 or so and then I couldn't get past the Verizon verification until a few minutes later. Words of wisdom? :)

Having pre-ordered since Apple started doing this, this is fairly typical (many times it would sit in processing until a day before and then all of a sudden be 'out for shipment' on the correct day...but this time it feels strange.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 3.54.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 3.54.24 PM.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 143

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Argh...

Pre-ordered the 128GB 7 Plus in matte black via the Apple.com web site from my Mac at 3:21am EST on Friday. I immediately received the email confirmation. It went from order placed to processing the next morning, and thats where it has remained. No charge on my credit card as of Wednesday at 3:50pm.

Here's the best part - from day 1, it has shown 2-3 weeks delivery and Oct 4-Oct 10 as the dates! Come on! I literally could not have ordered any quicker.....Apple.com didn't come up until 3:10 or so and then I couldn't get past the Verizon verification until a few minutes later. Words of wisdom? :)

Patience...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.