Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I ordered my 7+ 128 black and got confirmation email at 3:27 Est. However since then nothing. Hoping that another batch of processing will occur tonight like they did last night. Also I'm in NC has anyone in the area gotten shipping info yet for the same variation?
I am in Raleigh, and I ordered around 3:15am EST. Got charged and shipping notification late last night for delivery on Friday via Fedex.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I ordered my 7+ 128 black and got confirmation email at 3:27 Est. However since then nothing. Hoping that another batch of processing will occur tonight like they did last night. Also I'm in NC has anyone in the area gotten shipping info yet for the same variation?

NC. Got order completed and shipping info last night/early this morning. 7+ 128 MB. 3:17 EST

ericiu2

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Wahhh I want to customize delivery, and it won't let me. I never understood why companies don't allow customers to reroute packages to FedEx/UPS locations. It's not like you can just walk in and pick up... you still have to show ID, sign, etc.

128GB 7+ Black going to south Florida.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.PNG
    IMG_0019.PNG
    213.5 KB · Views: 128

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Still waiting on my Matte Black 128 + here (Texas). No CC charge, no change from "processing". Just called a few local Verizon stores and was told they don't know what their inventory will be. If there is no change by Friday morning, I will be up there an hour before open to see if I can get one in-store and cancel online. I will probably get my wife one while I'm there. This is my first Verizon pre-order and the slow pace with no change has been frustrating. First world problems aside, I may not go this route again.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Wahhh I want to customize delivery, and it won't let me. I never understood why companies don't allow customers to reroute packages to FedEx/UPS locations. It's not like you can just walk in and pick up... you still have to show ID, sign, etc.

Actually you can thru UPS. This is a FedEx issue

alantasdf

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2016
Still waiting on my Matte Black 128 + here (Texas). No CC charge, no change from "processing". Just called a few local Verizon stores and was told they don't know what their inventory will be. If there is no change by Friday morning, I will be up there an hour before open to see if I can get one in-store and cancel online. I will probably get my wife one while I'm there. This is my first Verizon pre-order and the slow pace with no change has been frustrating. First world problems aside, I may not go this route again.

Same nothing on my end too (Houston).
128GB 7+ JB
128gb 7 RG

ericiu2

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Actually you can thru UPS. This is a FedEx issue

No I've had items come by both routes and some shippers purposely block the customer from making any changes including reroutes to stations UPS or FedEx. I do agree it happens more with FedEx though.

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
Still no movement on my matte black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus. It will be sent to North Dakota. Preordered online Friday morning around. 2:15am. At least my ship date still says 9/23.

This will be my second iPhone and the first time ever I got the newest phone at the earliest opportunity.

I received my tempered glass protector, Otterbox Commuter case and the Verizon trade in kit in the mail/FedEx all this week. Patiently waiting for the phone itself! Also looking forward to seeing people's reactions here on Friday when they start arriving.

Even if some of us haven't had any movement yet, continue to think positive. Every day is one day closer to getting your new iPhone. Have a great day everyone!

Same exact phone and exact same time and exact status. My wife's regular 7 will be here Friday. We have all our cases and tempered glass accessories.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
No I've had items come by both routes and some shippers purposely block the customer from making any changes including reroutes to stations UPS or FedEx. I do agree it happens more with FedEx though.
Well I have purchased numerous iPhones that came thru UPS and have never had an issue having them rerouted. So this particular issue is a FedEx issue.

TyG8

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
St. Louis

I spoke to a person at FedEx, I want to re-route mine as well, and he said tomorrow you should be able to do it. I gues it's "too early in the process" to do it at this point.

baseballmom6

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Kansas
I know I'm not getting mine on launch, but it's okay. Only sucks because I've gotten every other iPhone on day 1..... I cancelled my JB 7+ 128 that I ordered at 3:17am because of the bad shipping, the scratch rumors and the fact that Verizon couldn't add the trade in deal to my order.

So I cancelled, reordered 9/9 in the evening, and did 7+ black 128. I currently show 10/12, but with how it's all going I wouldn't be surprised if it was next week or soon after.

Anyone else do anything similar to me?

kylepetree

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
Toledo, OH
No movement here, 7+JB 128GB. Conf email at 3:16AM ET.

Is it possible to go to the store Friday morning if it hasn't shipped and if they have inventory cancel the online order?

baseballmom6

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Kansas
I ordered the 7+ 128 Black about 8:30CST on 9/9. Was given a delivery date of 11/16. Noticed on 9/11 that the order went through as Jet Black. Called, canceled that phone. Order the correct color of Matte Black and was given the delivery date of 10/12. Makes me wonder what my delivery date would have been from 9/9 if they had ordered the right color.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016

I've done this the last three years and I think I may be with you on just standing in line next year. Color is of little importance to me as it is, I usually order the one every year that I think I can get fastest... it ends up costing me PTO anyway because I have to stay home all day the phone is delivered since the FED EX place where I live where you can pick up packages isn't open Saturday.... if I'm going to miss a day of work and miss sleep I might as well get up at 3 and stand in line... as opposed to staying up late and clicking refresh. At least chances are I will have a phone launch day.... on the down side I can drink beer and click refresh I'm pretty sure doing so while in line is a crime....

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I've done this the last three years and I think I may be with you on just standing in line next year. Color is of little importance to me as it is, I usually order the one every year that I think I can get fastest... it ends up costing me PTO anyway because I have to stay home all day the phone is delivered since the FED EX place where I live where you can pick up packages isn't open Saturday.... if I'm going to miss a day of work and miss sleep I might as well get up at 3 and stand in line... as opposed to staying up late and clicking refresh. At least chances are I will have a phone launch day.... on the down side I can drink beer and click refresh I'm pretty sure doing so while in line is a crime....
As a police officer I can let you know clicking refresh is legal in line.:cool:

Reactions: verdi1987

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Has anyone in Texas had their cc charged yet or get a shipping notification?

Well my bud from Verizon ordered it for me (He didn't tell me the cost), so my credit card wasn't charged, but I do have shipping information.

Speaking of which... has anyone ever preordered with a Verizon rep, sort of like a VIP thing? Do I pay for it the day I pick it up in store, or will my account show the charge? He did the ordering I just gave the information. Which I still ended up staying up all night freaking out/excited.

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Haven't gotten anything.... my card hasn't got charged yet

Worried

I ordered a 256GB 7 in jet black

Anyone with the same order as me and still hasn't got charged yet?

Ship date is 9/23 and I've seen many people's dates move up in this thread so I praying that would happen to me too but no luck :(

Last edited:

jb0506

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
I spoke to a person at FedEx, I want to re-route mine as well, and he said tomorrow you should be able to do it. I gues it's "too early in the process" to do it at this point.

FedEx said that I am unable to re-route to a FedEx store since Verizon requested no changes to delivery. Only after a failed attempt can I change it. We'll see.

Last edited:

Craig_in_CO

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Westminster, CO, U.S.A.
So I cancelled, reordered 9/9 in the evening, and did 7+ black 128. I currently show 10/12, but with how it's all going I wouldn't be surprised if it was next week or soon after.

Anyone else do anything similar to me?

Yep, between the estimated ship date of 11/23 and scratch paranoia, I cancelled my 128GB; 7+; JB. Since my 2-year old 6 is still running fine, I'm going to read reviews on the JB after a few weeks of usage, and see what my options are. If supply loosens up after launch + 1 month, I may buy. If not, I'll ride the 6 for another year, and see what the offerings are next.

Since this would be the first time going from a regular to a plus, was counting on going naked/caseless, so scratch paranoia may have been higher for me. Frees one up for someone in the queue behind me :)

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Is anyone from South Carolina in this thread? Have you all received anything yet? Tracking or processed cc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.