Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
So has anyone started getting any updates? Seems like a flood came through last night! Hopefully the same happens today and tonight lol

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
When I log in to Vzn it shows delivery date of 10/5. When I check without logging in with preorder # it shows expected ship date 10/26 hmmmm

istealhome

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I've tried that weird FedEx clipboard "trick" on my iPhone, and it looks like it only works with your preorder confirmation number and not other random numbers even if they are nearly identical to the confirmation number. So maybe that means FedEx has my phone right now? Has anyone figured this out yet?

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
When I log in to Vzn it shows delivery date of 10/5. When I check without logging in with preorder # it shows expected ship date 10/26 hmmmm

Alot of people are having these conflicting dates. My Orders in Verizon and my confirmation email say Delivery 9/16.... but the preorder tracking says 9/28. Hope my email and orders are right lol... #patientlywaiting

Reactions: Krissy_21

jkun

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
So my friend and I have this theory that Apple was set to release the phones for next Friday but in the wake of all the Samsung battery issues, pushed up the release date by a week to steal the Samsung users.

This would explain why we all seem to have such late ship dates even with placing our order within minutes of the preorder going live. Apple is rushing now to get these released a week early.

Doesn't make sense. Apple forecast equal or greater revenue for the July -September quarter (Q4) than the April-June quarter (Q3), which only makes sense with a new product release. If Apple had planned to release their new products next week, a part of opening week sales would fall outside of Q4 and into 2017 Q1, meaning Apple would miss out on first week sales totaling into Q4, thereby missing the quarterly estimate. Apple would not forecast higher revenue unless it had always planned to release on the last full week before the quarter ended. You can use this method to predict Apple iPhone release dates every year. It's really not the rocket science that analysts make it out to be.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I've tried that weird FedEx clipboard "trick" on my iPhone, and it looks like it only works with your preorder confirmation number and not other random numbers even if they are nearly identical to the confirmation number. So maybe that means FedEx has my phone right now? Has anyone figured this out yet?
What is this trick??

scott5626

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2013
So my friend and I have this theory that Apple was set to release the phones for next Friday but in the wake of all the Samsung battery issues, pushed up the release date by a week to steal the Samsung users.

This would explain why we all seem to have such late ship dates even with placing our order within minutes of the preorder going live. Apple is rushing now to get these released a week early.

The major hole in that theory is the leak by Evan Blass In July that "pre orders start on the 9th" with a "16th" launch date. Way before Samsung made a fireworks Note 7.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
If I don't get any confirmation tonight... Guess I'm going to have to accept its coming next week.

128GB 7+ Black
No CC, tracking, email updates

Confirmation email at 2:35CT
Ship date 9/23

Reactions: Shadowbech

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Hoping for the first one!
I preorderd the JB 128gb plus and my deliver date is 11/16. I ordered at 9am I can't believe the delay for the JB is so long. I'm really hoping after launch that date will change or I may consider just going to a Verizon store. 2 months seems like way too long of a delay. I'm so jealous of all the people getting their phones this month.

My order was placed around 2:45 am, and I got 11/2. I'm surprised yours is not even later, ordering about 6 hours after I did.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
If I don't get any confirmation tonight... Guess I'm going to have to accept its coming next week.

128GB 7+ Black

What time did you order? I ordered and have confirmation email times at 2:06 for the exact same phone and i too have NADA, ZIP, ZILCH. I'm in IA for geographical reference, if that even matters as to when they ship at all.

scott5626

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2013

128GB 7+ Black

Ship date 9/23
Not to get your hopes up but they do overnight phone orders sometimes.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
What time did you order? I ordered and have confirmation email times at 2:06 for the exact same phone and i too have NADA, ZIP, ZILCH. I'm in IA for geographical reference, if that even matters as to when they ship at all.

Ship date 9/23

I'm in TX

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Any silver movement yet mine still shows 9/28

My shipment confirmation just came in 15 minutes ago for a 128Gb Silver iPhone 7. Arriving this Friday.

LOL, last time I was surprised by an early delivery date, I missed the delivery by 15 minutes and ended up having to hunt down the FedEx Truck in my neighborhood to get my item. I had no idea it was being delivered so early.

myshoulders

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I got charged at 7:30 PST last night and shipped notification at 3am :)

128 GB Black Plus

I got charged around 10:30 est, so same time as you. I got my shipping email from Verizon at 5:05am est...same time. I just checked the tracking number and it's in Memphis. Scheduled to be delivered by 3pm Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.