Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I have a feeling that for those of us that ordered the JB models will start seeing movement tonight throughout the night and tomorrow morning. I ordered a JB+128gb got confirmation at 3:46EST with a delivery date of 10/26 not expected to get the phone on launch day but a few weeks earlier than my date would be nice.

My reasoning is because like many have mentioned it seems like they are releasing them by color. Maybe those planes carry the remaining colors! All the people getting shipment notifications have all mostly been matte black phones. This is my hope of course!

Hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic. I've decided that mine will make a nice Halloween present for me.

Reactions: roncito

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Since my wife's phone will be here Friday (black with tracking number) and mine may not (jet black), that just means she is stuck taking all the photos at the Louisville - Florida State game Saturday! Go Cards!

*always find the positive!

Reactions: gemnilocs

cflasche

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
They open at 8 am, but give them a call. I called 3 of my local stores and none of them will be getting the 7+, just the 7.

How do they know what they are getting before they actually get them? Do they have a list of what they are going to get already?

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
am I the only one with a ship date of 9/28? I havent seen that on here much. Only 9/23.

I also havent seen any/many (I havent scoured the whole thread) 7+ 128GB in silver. So maybe I am just rare.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
am I the only one with a ship date of 9/28? I havent seen that on here much. Only 9/23.

I also havent seen any/many (I havent scoured the whole thread) 7+ 128GB in silver. So maybe I am just rare.

My ship date, for a 7+ 128GB Silver, is 9/28.
Order is in processing, no updates, no card charges, just waiting.

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC

My Rose Gold 7 Plus 32GB has a ship date of 9/28. I don't really care when it arrives though, as it's for work anyway. But my Jet Black 7, that's whole another story—I want it ASAP. #magnetbaths

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016

I ordered the exact same model and also have a 9/28 ship date. I'm hopeful that they just haven't started unpacking the silvers yet, as most are reporting matte black and rose gold so far. Fingers crossed!

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
How do they know what they are getting before they actually get them? Do they have a list of what they are going to get already?
No and any person who tells anyone what they are or are not getting is lying.

Even most Apple stores do not know what they are getting until early that morning so Verizon stores definitely would not know.

DoesitMattR

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
So my friend and I have this theory that Apple was set to release the phones for next Friday but in the wake of all the Samsung battery issues, pushed up the release date by a week to steal the Samsung users.

This would explain why we all seem to have such late ship dates even with placing our order within minutes of the preorder going live. Apple is rushing now to get these released a week early.

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Still no update on the order status page for mine (showing 10/5 for an order of 3 phones), though i just talked to a rep through chat and she said that her system shows the following for each phone.

iPhone 7 32GB Black - Delivery 10/5
iPhone 7 128GB JB - Delivery 9/28
iPhone 7 Plus 128GB JB - Delivery 9/28

My checkout time was at about 12:15 AM PST, and i would have expected the Black 7 to be delivered before any of the Jet Blacks, but we'll see i guess.

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
No and any person who tells anyone what they are or are not getting is lying.

Even most Apple stores do not know what they are getting until early that morning so Verizon stores definitely would not know.

I don't know if Verizon's in store systems were different than ours at AT&T, but I did the store inventory receiving, and we did know in advance what we were getting. I think I knew a day or two before. Only three of us were allowed to know though. Myself and the two managers. That was it. The other employees were left in the dark. But the stores do have an idea. lol

Dancezwitwolves

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
I preorderd the JB 128gb plus and my deliver date is 11/16. I ordered at 9am I can't believe the delay for the JB is so long. I'm really hoping after launch that date will change or I may consider just going to a Verizon store. 2 months seems like way too long of a delay. I'm so jealous of all the people getting their phones this month.

Reactions: roncito
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.