Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I just did a live chat and was told that since I ordered online that the fees should have been waived. They gave me a $40 credit for my 2 phones I ordered!!

I chatted with a person(? maybe a Skynet level AI, no way to be sure at this point). That said that she/they couldn't credit the account because the fees haven't actually happened since there has been no charge to the account, but once it did charge she/they would go back into that account and credit me the $40 then text me after. Seems like she/it is going above and beyond. I will be very surprised if she/it actually does this for me, but I will be very pleased by her/its service if it happens.

cflasche

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
For those about to stand in line tomorrow to get their new phones, i just called my local Verizon store and asked them if i could walkout with the 7+ tomorrow after canceling my preorder, they said there's no way for them to give me an upgrade (in the system) and that i'm just going to have to wait for my order.
Just thought i'd let you guys know since some of you are planning on going there early.

That's definitely a lie. I was told over the phone that they can cancel your order in the store cuz they have access to the same system as the phone people do.

Kfortune117

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Is it possible that some phones are on the way but Verizon hasn't had time to update it in their system?

I wouldn't say "on their way" yet, but it is possible, people that don''t have any information yet, will still have deliveries tomorrow. It has happened in the past that way at least.

Reactions: goinskiing

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
That's definitely a lie. I was told over the phone that they can cancel your order in the store cuz they have access to the same system as the phone people do.
I can confirm that you can cancel in store and then handle the process there AS LONG AS it has not shipped. If it ships before they try to cancel it you are out of luck even if the shipping shows it won't show for a week you have to wait. Once it ships there is nothing they can do to stop it. I had this happen with the iPhone 5.

Reactions: goinskiing

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
7+ JB 128 GB

Ordered at 12:20. Email confirmation at 12:23.

Ship by: 9/23, Delivery by: 10/05

Order is still processing. No CC charge, or any change whatsoever since 9/9.

Reactions: Samuel Lane

matudavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
ok thanks. so i might have more luck calling instead of chatting?
I got out of $40 (2 phones)... if the first rep fails you, just call again. Explain that the website stated that there was to be no $20 fee. If they fight you, just call back and you'll talk to the next guy who will probably help.

Reactions: jdsmitty10

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
Two separate boxes for two phones during preorders... usually. With the amount of volume and the way the crates come in, the phones are already in their shipping boxes awaiting labels so packaging two together is not a possibility.

This confuses me. Would each have a separate tracking number then? According the Verizonwireless.com I have a single shipment with two phones.

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Just got off chat with Verizon about the upgrade fee. "David" said the fees will be reimbursed once new phone is received and activated. Yay for that.

As far as ship dates, he blamed apple lol "They're working hard to get orders out. And ships dates may change based on inventory " my email confirmation and Verizon online show ship date of 10/5 but the preorder site shows expected ship date of 10/26 which is what he sees too.
[doublepost=1473956523][/doublepost]
Just got done with Verizon Chat. They refunded my upgrade fee. :)

Did I get played?! I was told I'll get refund once phones are received and activated :mad::confused:o_Ohmm

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Just got off chat with Verizon about the upgrade fee. "David" said the fees will be reimbursed once new phone is received and activated. Yay for that.

As far as ship dates, he blamed apple lol "They're working hard to get orders out. And ships dates may change based on inventory " my email confirmation and Verizon online show ship date of 10/5 but the preorder site shows expected ship date of 10/26 which is what he sees too.

Did I get played?! I was told I'll get refund once phones are received and activated :mad::confused:o_Ohmm
It already got adjusted too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.22.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.22.44 AM.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Krissy_21

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Question:

I ordered the iPhone 7+ Jet Black 128GB and I honestly don't even want the color anymore (expected ship date 9/27). What are the chances of me snagging a 32 GB or 128 GB 7+ Matte Black from my local Verizon store around 8am tomorrow without standing in line at the crack of dawn? (**** that it's a phone)

matudavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016

Do you still have the chat box open? If so, email the conversation to yourself so you have proof

wynnstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Savannah
I just received a recorded phone call from Fedex. It said I have a shipment arriving Friday September 16th by 8pm that requires a signature. If I am unable to have anyone home to sign, I may leave a signed and dated note on the front door. I always thought it was up to the driver, but apparently it is Fedex policy. Also some packages may be eligible to be held at a "convenient Fedex location". I'm always closer to 8pm deliveries than daytime so I may be home before delivery.

iPhone 7 matte black 254gb
iPhone 7 matte black 32gb
ordered 3:11am EDT 9/9/16 Verizon website

Reactions: Sammypurple

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Question:

I ordered the iPhone 7+ Jet Black 128GB and I honestly don't even want the color anymore (expected ship date 9/27). What are the chances of me snagging a 32 GB or 128 GB 7+ Matte Black from my local Verizon store around 8am tomorrow without standing in line at the crack of dawn? (**** that it's a phone)
Not good honestly. Apple has already stated this morning that there will be no plus models available at their own retail stores tomorrow. That said, a few carrier stores may have extremely limited availability, but likely less than a handful that will be gone as soon as they open the store.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
I wouldn't even sweat if you want a regular iPhone 7 in any color but jet black on launch day.
I'm beginning to think that Apple should start to stagger the release dates for these models. Release the 4.7" in Fall and the 5.5" in Spring. This way you wouldn't have this huge clusterf**k of a disaster with the Plus model.

This is a TERRIBLE idea. What they need to do is cut down on all the model variations. There are too many options.

egreggs6870

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
did apple even make any 32gb iPhone 7+ for 9/16? thought that would be one of the first to ship, boy was i wrong. starting to think the original release date was 9/23 but moved up to 9/16 due to the Note 7 recall. wild guess but with the supply constraints this could be a thing.
Now this could be true.... Never thought about this. they seen the opportunity to snag some of the Note 7 users...

Reactions: gemnilocs

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
This is a TERRIBLE idea. What they need to do is cut down on all the model variations. There are too many options.

Anyone else find it odd that they are getting further and further away from the simplicity of the old Apple? I hate to invoke the "JOBS" thoughts from the grave but he made a big point of cleaning out Apple in 1997 of all the **** they made. Now we have phones in 5 colors and 3 capacities and four carriers? It's almost ungodly. Just make a black phone and a white phone and be done with it. That's what color it is.

Navigating the iPad and Laptop lines is equally as daunting not to mention they keep making old products at lower prices after new ones come out. Try telling your parents what iPad to buy. They can pick from like 8 different models.

EDIT: Just went and looked out of curiosity. Someone wanting an "iPad" can choose between 67 configurations. Say what you want, that's not Jobsian. He would tell people what their configuration should be.

Last edited:

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Now this could be true.... Never thought about this. they seen the opportunity to snag some of the Note 7 users...

I personally think that the Plus devices are even more constrained with Apple "readjusting stock" for iPhone Upgrade Program users. I could totally see Apple taking some devices away from carriers to make sure they took care of the program members who were left out to dry.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I can tell you that the 16th shipping date was set in stone well before the Note 7 situation started exploding (pun intended). The logistics operations are set well in advance of the announcement and were set prior to the Note 7 even being released.

Reactions: TyroneJack

kbutler84

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
Sorry if this was already posted. But I am on the preorder list for delivery on Oct 12. But I have already received my trade in box. I was told that I wouldn't receive it until later and that I didn't have to send my phone in until I had received the new one. But the instructions in the box say I have to send it in within 30 days. I assume I can just wait, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.