Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
The odds are terrible. No plus models in any color available at retail tomorrow.

That's not entirely accurate. Apple has states that no walk-in's at Apple Stores will be able to receive a Plus model. Partnered retailers (carriers) will have extremely limited stock. However, play your cards right and you might just end up with one. But yes, the odds are pretty terrible. Basically, if you get one you should probably stop at a gas station on your way home and buy a powerball ticket.

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Actually Apple only confirmed that Apple itself will not have any.

That's not entirely accurate. Apple has states that no walk-in's at Apple Stores will be able to receive a Plus model. Partnered retailers (carriers) will have extremely limited stock. However, play your cards right and you might just end up with one. But yes, the odds are pretty terrible. Basically, if you get one you should probably stop at a gas station on your way home and buy a powerball ticket.

So apple has none but other retailers will okay. Sure.

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
How many have tried to get the $20 per phone upgrade fee removed and were successful?

I called Verizon support during checkout on 9/9 when I saw the fee wasn't waived as advertised and she credited my account $20, after chat support told me they weren't doing that anymore as I was literally looking at their home page with an advertisement for the waived fees front and center.

NotoriousBAZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Figured I would add my info after reading this thread for several days now.

Ordered two phones, in the same order (I know people here recommended if you are getting multiple phones to place them in separate orders but I didn't know that at the time). 32GB Silver 7 and a 128GB Matte Black 7+. Email confirmation at 3:33am EST on 9/9. After completing the order, website said 9/16 delivery for the 7, and 9/23 delivery for the 7+. Email says 9/23 for both. Clicking the "order status" link in the email shows 10/5 delivery. So honestly don't know what to believe.

Still no activity on credit card or shipping email. Order status on VZW account still shows processing and 9/23 delivery. A bit frustrating since given my order time it seems like I should have some movement on the order. I'm outside the Philadelphia area if that means anything. Not sure if they just haven't started processing orders from wherever my order is coming from. Starting to accept the fact that getting these phones tomorrow is unlikely at this point.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I called Verizon support during checkout on 9/9 when I saw the fee wasn't waived as advertised and she credited my account $20, after chat support told me they weren't doing that anymore as I was literally looking at their home page with an advertisement for the waived fees front and center.
ok thanks. so i might have more luck calling instead of chatting?

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
According to one of my local corporate Verizon stores, they have a very limited amount of 7+ available for walk-in tomorrow so obviously some may be better.
And you really believe the carriers/stores will be any better? As soon as I had the ability to preorder the Plus it was shipping on 9/23, 7 minutes after the page went live. Only the pink models had 9/16.

NoSleepTiliPhone7+

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I've been following this thread since it was created but only joined now since my order still has not shipped.

Ordered on 9/9 at 12:15 PST, recieved confirmation at 12:18 PST.

Ordered a Matte Black iPhone 7+ 256GB model.

Recieved a deliver by date of 9/23 and it hasn t changed since pre-order. I have a location code of W233601.

I think everyone is really frustrated with the rollout but all of the venting and sniping back and forth is taking up way too much space in this thread. Let's keep it filled with information and leave the other stuff out of it.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Nothing was botched. You're just mad. Just because every single order is not going in 100% exact incremental order in which it was placed, does not mean anything is wrong. am so sad for you.
What is the point of a preorder if they aren't going to ship them in order? How would you feel if you were at a restaurant, and the server skipped over you and started taking drinks/orders from people who came in 10/15/60 minutes after you?

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
According to one of my local corporate Verizon stores, they have a very limited amount of 7+ available for walk-in tomorrow so obviously some may be better.
I believe it. I think the reason Apple stores won't have Plus models for walk-ins is because of the upgrade program mishap. I think they took extra stock that would be for walk-ins to give to the upgrade program members who were shafted.

Reactions: NoSleepTiliPhone7+

Kfortune117

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Just to throw an extra data point out there. My phone will eventually be shipped to Kansas, the day of preorder I was on vacation and had a few drinks before going to bed to wake up at 9PM HST for Pre-Order on the 8th, received order confirmation at 10:13 HST with a 09/28. Went back to sleep and woke up at about 4AM HST and noticed I had ordered the 7+ 32GB Black instead of 7+ 128GB Black I wanted (drink part might be relevant).

I called Verizon right away and after being on hold for an hour, had the original order canceled and a correct order placed with an order confirmation at 5:40 HST (just under 9 hours into preorder) with a expected delivery date of 10/05. At this point, I am still processing with no charges; I still have hope for delivery tomorrow, but its fading fast.

Keep in mind that in the past, some of the phones apple expected to be the most popular, they already had sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to go and those people saw no activity until the last minute. I can't help but think that this is where a lot of the 32GBs are sitting (and hopefully my 128). This could also affect the Jet Black people too, Apple would have had to know it would be the most sought after device. Of course I can't confirm that the same will happen this year, but it has been this way in the past.

NoSleepTiliPhone7+

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Just to throw an extra data point out there. My phone will eventually be shipped to Kansas, the day of preorder I was on vacation and had a few drinks before going to bed to wake up at 9PM HST for Pre-Order on the 8th, received order confirmation at 10:13 HST with a 09/28. Went back to sleep and woke up at about 4AM HST and noticed I had ordered the 7+ 32GB Black instead of 7+ 128GB Black I wanted (drink part might be relevant).

I called Verizon right away and after being on hold for an hour, had the original order canceled and a correct order placed with an order confirmation at 5:40 HST (just under 9 hours into preorder) with a expected delivery date of 10/05. At this point, I am still processing with no charges; I still have hope for delivery tomorrow, but its fading fast.

Keep in mind that in the past, some of the phones apple expected to be the most popular, they already had sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to go and those people saw no activity until the last minute. I can't help but think that this is where a lot of the 32GBs are sitting (and hopefully my 128). This could also affect the Jet Black people too, Apple would have had to know it would be the most sought after device. Of course I can confirm that the same will happen this year, but it has been this way in the past.

Unfortunately this launch is proving to resemble nothing that came before it for most Jet Black,7+ or 256GB orders. I don't think anyone should hold out hope for a Hail Mary unless we get indications otherwise.

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
ok thanks. so i might have more luck calling instead of chatting?
I would think so. Chat support is pretty terrible, in my experience -- too easy to miscommunicate/dodge the question (I'm not even sure it's a person and not a robot half the time). Good luck!

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
I have been watching the Verizon forums also and have seen no movement on any JB iPhone 7 plus units and am starting to think that the JB ship dates of 9/23 and 9/28 are the dates Verizon anticipates to receive the units from Apple due to them selling out.

My order details.

Iphone 7 plus JB 256 GB

Order Number: 243***
Order Location: W779001
Order date: 9/9/16
Deliver By: 9/28/16

Confirmation arrived at 12:26 AM (West Coast)

I really do hope we start seeing some moment on JB today or it's going to be a long couple weeks! :)

Reactions: NoSleepTiliPhone7+

gorytory

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Update on 7+, Rose Gold 128GB: looks like it might be at my house before 8 tomorrow?

ALSO: logged into my Verizon account and saw that my upgrade-payment bar on my current phone had been reset to 0. Is that normal for phones that are going to be sent in either way? They also shot me one of those auto-texts while I was at work last night saying that I was eligible for an upgrade, and I was just sitting there thinking "no ****, it's already been bought, get with the program, Verizon!"

I've had the 6+ 16GB for 2 years. I've been living in Struggletown getting "storage almost full" messages twice a week for the past few months.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 11.16.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 11.16.05 AM.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 4390.png
    4390.png
    838.9 KB · Views: 148

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
I have been watching the Verizon forums also and have seen no movement on any JB iPhone 7 plus units and am starting to think that the JB ship dates of 9/23 and 9/28 are the dates Verizon anticipates to receive the units from Apple due to them selling out.

My order details.

Iphone 7 plus JB 256 GB

Order Number: 243***
Order Location: W779001
Order date: 9/9/16
Deliver By: 9/28/16

Confirmation arrived at 12:26 AM (West Coast)

I really do hope we start seeing some moment on JB today or it's going to be a long couple weeks! :)

I have already seen some 256 JB shipping, I have yet to see a 128 JB

cjdtech

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016

Keep in mind that in the past, some of the phones apple expected to be the most popular, they already had sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to go and those people saw no activity until the last minute. I can't help but think that this is where a lot of the 32GBs are sitting (and hopefully my 128). This could also affect the Jet Black people too, Apple would have had to know it would be the most sought after device. Of course I can't confirm that the same will happen this year, but it has been this way in the past.

Exact same situation I'm in. 10/05 deliver date and order sent from our Verizon store sometime on 9/9. I'm on my company's business account so I don't have access to confirmation emails or anything else. Only able to view that my phone was ordered and is "Processing" with an expected delivery date of 10/05 and order date of 9/9. 7+ 128 Matte Black.

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Would you happen to know what delivery by dates those individuals had I am still searching hard for a glimmer of hope lol.

You would have to go back and search probably the last 10 pages of this forum. I just remember some people saying they got charged yesterday for their 256gb JB 7+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.