Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
The salt in this forum is getting real. Lets keep it civil ladies. It's totally realistic to get upset about ordering 40 minutes earlier than someone with the same exact model you preordered and they get shipment notifications and you don't. Isn't that why we stay up till midnight to 3AM? To make sure you get yours earlier than most? So when that process doesn't play out, people get frustrated. No need to call people out. Jeeze.

Good luck to all, and congrats to the people who are getting theirs tomorrow.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Thanks for catching that! Brilliant!

Next time, set an alarm and wake up on time to place a pre-order. Had you done that properly, you'd have a phone tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is though.
I was up, order confirmation was at 2:06 CST.... I don't know how much more "properly" one can do it. Enjoy your phone dude. I say that seriously. Be a good weekend for you. Camera is stellar... wish I had mine to take pictures at the football game this weekend, but I will live. The 6s isn't a bad shooter.

Reactions: gemnilocs

lewis26

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
Indianapolis
66311259.jpg

iketeru

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
got shipping email this morning, my order was confirmed at 12:37 pst on the 9th with original "ship by" date of the 23rd.

Black 7+/silver 7, both 128gb, 1 single shipment.

Reactions: mkstretch

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Nothing was botched. You're just mad. Just because every single order is not going in 100% exact incremental order in which it was placed, does not mean anything is wrong. To think any operation could be so perfect and exact like that is ignorant. The phone is too popular to people just like you. You basically created this problem. Remember, you're never stuck in traffic. You ARE TRAFFIC.

Huge first world problem! I am so sad for you.

I do think something production wise happened with the 32GB 7+ models. Seems to be across all carriers as far as hardy anyone except for a few have tracking info for them.

Last edited:

PosauneGuy

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2016
I placed two orders on launch day. The first (7, 32GB, Matte Black) was ordered at 6:30 am CDT with a 9/16 ship date. This order was charged to my CC on 9/12 and I had a FedEx tracking number on 9/13 with delivery scheduled for 9/16. The second order (7, 32GB, Silver) was ordered at 6:30 pm with a 9/23 ship date. This second order was charged on my credit card last night (9/14) and I got a FedEx tracking number this morning for delivery tomorrow! I'm extremely happy that the phone that was scheduled for 9/23 delivery is coming tomorrow!! :)

Reactions: JediZenMaster

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I placed two orders on launch day. The first (7, 32GB, Matte Black) was ordered at 6:30 am CDT with a 9/16 ship date. This order was charged to my CC on 9/12 and I had a FedEx tracking number on 9/13 with delivery scheduled for 9/16. The second order (7, 32GB, Silver) was ordered at 6:30 pm with a 9/23 ship date. This second order was charged on my credit card last night (9/14) and I got a FedEx tracking number this morning for delivery tomorrow! I'm extremely happy that the phone that was scheduled for 9/23 delivery is coming tomorrow!! :)

Woah. You had 2 32GB models ship for tomorrow? Seems like Apple just forgot about the 32GB Plus models

jayers33

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Verizon just logged me out due to my inactivity. Wish I could do something about their inactivity. :confused: I currently have a four year old iphone 5 and it lives on life support (aka the charger).

I ordered the jet black 128 at 3:15am. I have seen zero activity and my confirmation email and order status both say 10/5 for delivery date. Boo.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
didn't order til 6pm friday and both mine will be here tomorrow :D

must not of been as popular.. 7 128 gold and 7 128 rose gold..

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
That's great I wish I was this lucky! I ordered two of the 32gb and nothing.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone who ordered two phones and got a shipping confirmation see only one phone listed in the Verizon shipping confirmation email? On the website it says "shipment 1" has both phones, but the shipping confirmation email lists only one phone and a preinstalled SIM. I'm not too concerned, but it seems strange...

The package weight is 1.36kg... so I think it is two phones. Others I've seen are less (0.91kg...).
mines the same... package weight of 2lbs which I would think would have two phones in it...
[doublepost=1473950971][/doublepost]
I've come to grips with the fact I won't have a new phone to play with over the weekend. That being said, a couple of observations... REALLY PISS POOR process when it seems when you ordered has no freaking correlation to when you get your phone. There are ample examples of matte black 128 that have gone out with people ordering well after I did... so to me, this pre order nonsense is a crap shoot at best..... roll of the dice... really makes me mad for the two hours of sleep I got last Friday.... Second observation.... Apple botched this WAY WORSE than any other pre order in history. NO PLUS models at their stores on launch day WTF.... that's incompetent plain and simple. There is a massive difference between "creating hype" and alienating people. I feel, that with each launch they get worse at this and not better... that said... I'm done obsessing about this and have come to terms with the mantra, "life ain't fair kid" Congrats to those of you getting your phones Friday.... Enjoy the hell out of them... that said I need to go tell my boss I'll be in the office Friday.... and ask for next Friday off instead.

first mistake... getting up at wee hours of the night to order a phone.... patience.... its a phone

Samuel Lane

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
So if our iPhones haven't been shipped by tonight will Verizon ship them anytime next week then arrive, hopefully, the next day?

sh4ners

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
Chicago
what are the odds of me getting up at 7am and going to the local store in my town(very small) and they have a 7 plus matte black in stock?

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
didn't order til 6pm friday and both mine will be here tomorrow :D

must not of been as popular.. 7 128 gold and 7 128 rose gold..

I wouldn't even sweat if you want a regular iPhone 7 in any color but jet black on launch day.
I'm beginning to think that Apple should start to stagger the release dates for these models. Release the 4.7" in Fall and the 5.5" in Spring. This way you wouldn't have this huge clusterf**k of a disaster with the Plus model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.