Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
My CC was charged but still no updated shipping email, although I called Verizon and the rep told me that he will personally call me back between 9 and 9:30 with a tracking number as I am definitely getting overnight shipping of my 7 plus 128gb silver.

What was your original delivery date? I ordered the same model and you're the first person I've seen with any movement on a silver phone.

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
Anyone who ordered two phones and got a shipping confirmation see only one phone listed in the Verizon shipping confirmation email? On the website it says "shipment 1" has both phones, but the shipping confirmation email lists only one phone and a preinstalled SIM. I'm not too concerned, but it seems strange...

The package weight is 1.36kg... so I think it is two phones. Others I've seen are less (0.91kg...).

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
right just seems strange that the entry level phone that sells very well would be absent from the first week. i ordered two matte black 7+ 32gb deliver by date is the 28th but if they come next Friday i would be happy at this point.

Right there in the same boat with you. I ordered iPhone 7+ Matte Black 32GB at 3:18AM EST and was given a 9/28 date instantly. 2 weeks after launch. When online polls show that 5% of people ordered this device type, yet none have shipped it's kind of frustrating. I've seen literally two 32GB's ship period. Just doesn't make sense

RajaHood

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2015
Ordered on the verizon website around 3:30 am Central time (Kansas City, MO). Got confirmation email within 5 minutes. They charged credit card on Sunday or Monday (?) and its been sitting in Memphis all week as shown. Looks like its finally showing some movement.

Typically this is not how previous year pre-orders have worked for me. Typically I get charged later in the week and don't get tracking info till about Wednesday. This year everything seemed to happen quicker.

iPhone 7 Matte Black 256gb

Does your location code happen to be M227801? I am in NW Kansas, and it looks like you may have the same location code from what I can see of the Ref number on your tracking. I have (2) Mb 7 128 GB and a MB 7+ 128 GB, but still no updates. The 7+ showed 9/23 when I ordered, but the 7s both showed 9/16, hopefully the Plus didn't hold them up, since now the only date I have on any order/tracking pages show 9/23 :(

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Right there in the same boat with you. I ordered iPhone 7+ Matte Black 32GB at 3:18AM EST and was given a 9/28 date instantly. 2 weeks after launch. When online polls show that 5% of people ordered this device type, yet none have shipped it's kind of frustrating. I've seen literally two 32GB's ship period. Just doesn't make sense

I'm waiting for a 32GB 7+ Silver. Ordered around 5:00 AM PST 09/09. Hopefully the 32GB's will ship today

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Anyone who ordered two phones and got a shipping confirmation see only one phone listed in the Verizon shipping confirmation email? On the website it says "shipment 1" has both phones, but the shipping confirmation email lists only one phone and a preinstalled SIM. I'm not too concerned, but it seems strange...

The package weight is 1.36kg... so I think it is two phones. Others I've seen are less (0.91kg...).
Two separate boxes for two phones during preorders... usually. With the amount of volume and the way the crates come in, the phones are already in their shipping boxes awaiting labels so packaging two together is not a possibility.

Jdf87

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
ordered black 7+ 128gb, got order in around 430est, email 505est, no cc charge, no new info, starting to lose hope that my 9/23 will move up. location code D771001 if anyone else has that one please comment

Same location code as you confirmation at 3:23 est. JB 128gb and nothing yet either if by tonight nothing, I will be camping at the Apple Store and using another upgrade on the account

matudavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Hey guys, don't know if someone already mentioned this, but we have more tracking info from Fedex as of this morning.

Someone had asked about the reference, and mine is this:

1456901_00XXXXXXX

The first is the order location, and the following numbers is the order number, with the 00s in front.

Hope this helps some of you track by reference via FedEx!
I got the location, but do I need to type in (2) zeros and then my order order number? like would it look something like E319401_004052. (the location is actually mine, but not the order number)

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I'm waiting for a 32GB 7+ Silver. Ordered around 5:00 AM PST 09/09. Hopefully the 32GB's will ship today
Your original shipping date was 10/10 and based upon your location code and what others have posted, it looks like you won't be receiving one launch day. Just don't want you getting your hopes up.
[doublepost=1473948896][/doublepost]
I got the location, but do I need to type in (2) zeros and then my order order number? like would it look something like E319401_004052. (the location is actually mine, but not the order number)

Yes.

FlushD

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Two separate boxes for two phones during preorders... usually. With the amount of volume and the way the crates come in, the phones are already in their shipping boxes awaiting labels so packaging two together is not a possibility.

I have two phones coming in 1 box. I think if your box is 3 pounds instead of 2 pounds, then it is two phones.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Same location code as you confirmation at 3:23 est. JB 128gb and nothing yet either if by tonight nothing, I will be camping at the Apple Store and using another upgrade on the account
Apple Store's will not have any Plus models. Apple has already released that info.
[doublepost=1473948997][/doublepost]
I have two phones coming in 1 box. I think if your box is 3 pounds instead of 2 pounds, then it is two phones.
Okay good luck. Sounds like it's a phone and a half if it only increased by one pound.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Your original shipping date was 10/10 and based upon your location code and what others have posted, it looks like you won't be receiving one launch day. Just don't want you getting your hopes up.

My ship date has always been 10/05 :) First launch day ever that i didn't have an iPhone

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
If you're going to tell us you got shipping, please include the model of phone, your order date and time (including time zone) and state. Otherwise it's like "hey I got a unicorn".

I'm sorry I assumed that as an active member in this thread since almost the beginning and pretty much replying with that same information every few hours I would not need to rehash the details again....

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowbech

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I've come to grips with the fact I won't have a new phone to play with over the weekend. That being said, a couple of observations... REALLY PISS POOR process when it seems when you ordered has no freaking correlation to when you get your phone. There are ample examples of matte black 128 that have gone out with people ordering well after I did... so to me, this pre order nonsense is a crap shoot at best..... roll of the dice... really makes me mad for the two hours of sleep I got last Friday.... Second observation.... Apple botched this WAY WORSE than any other pre order in history. NO PLUS models at their stores on launch day WTF.... that's incompetent plain and simple. There is a massive difference between "creating hype" and alienating people. I feel, that with each launch they get worse at this and not better... that said... I'm done obsessing about this and have come to terms with the mantra, "life ain't fair kid" Congrats to those of you getting your phones Friday.... Enjoy the hell out of them... that said I need to go tell my boss I'll be in the office Friday.... and ask for next Friday off instead.

Reactions: gemnilocs

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
256GB Jet Black 7 here. Delivery date by 9/23. Location code 1456901 -- Atlanta. Still no CC charge, or shipping confirmation.

Beginning to think it will definitely be next week. Jet Black seems to be pretty severely limited. At least I have iOS 10 to hold me over though!

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
My ship date has always been 10/05 :) First launch day ever that i didn't have an iPhone
Oh sorry was going off your earlier post that said:
"YAY finally got my order placed. Delivery date of October 10th! Still good though i was expecting to wait a while. The issue that caused the delay was when the website was not letting me submit the order.

Each time the system by default created an Installment Agreement so literally there were 10 agreements showing on the website they had to clear out which triggered the fraud thing"

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Oh sorry was going off your earlier post that said:
"YAY finally got my order placed. Delivery date of October 10th! Still good though i was expecting to wait a while. The issue that caused the delay was when the website was not letting me submit the order.

Each time the system by default created an Installment Agreement so literally there were 10 agreements showing on the website they had to clear out which triggered the fraud thing"

Ah. Typo on my part lol.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
I've come to grips with the fact I won't have a new phone to play with over the weekend. That being said, a couple of observations... REALLY PISS POOR process when it seems when you ordered has no freaking correlation to when you get your phone. There are ample examples of matte black 128 that have gone out with people ordering well after I did... so to me, this pre order nonsense is a crap shoot at best..... roll of the dice... really makes me mad for the two hours of sleep I got last Friday.... Second observation.... Apple botched this WAY WORSE than any other pre order in history. NO PLUS models at their stores on launch day WTF.... that's incompetent plain and simple. There is a massive difference between "creating hype" and alienating people. I feel, that with each launch they get worse at this and not better... that said... I'm done obsessing about this and have come to terms with the mantra, "life ain't fair kid" Congrats to those of you getting your phones Friday.... Enjoy the hell out of them... that said I need to go tell my boss I'll be in the office Friday.... and ask for next Friday off instead.

Nothing was botched. You're just mad. Just because every single order is not going in 100% exact incremental order in which it was placed, does not mean anything is wrong. To think any operation could be so perfect and exact like that is ignorant. The phone is too popular to people just like you. You basically created this problem. Remember, you're never stuck in traffic. You ARE TRAFFIC.

Huge first world problem! I am so sad for you.

Reactions: 16Paws and Insleep

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Nothing was botched. You're just mad. Just because every single order is not going in 100% exact incremental order in which it was placed, does not mean anything is wrong. To think any operation could be so perfect and exact like that is ignorant. Apple should have consulted you then, huh? That's a big first world program you got there, though.
What is a "big first world Program" is that a new feature in IOS 10? learn to type

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.