Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
the location code means nothing. Everyone who ordered via the app received a code in the confirmation email on day of preorder...That code hasn't changed and it does not mean your phone is currently in "said" location.
It has to mean something, otherwise what is the point? I'm not saying it indicates where the phone currently is.

Peoplehelper24

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
ordered black 7+ 128gb, got order in around 430est, email 505est, no cc charge, no new info, starting to lose hope that my 9/23 will move up. location code D771001 if anyone else has that one please comment

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
the location code means nothing. Everyone who ordered via the app received a code in the confirmation email on day of preorder...That code hasn't changed and it does not mean your phone is currently in "said" location.

No it does not mean where it's at, it's which warehouse will have your phone and where it will be prior to shipping. They had to categorize all the orders in shipments. Probably why some have seen movement and some haven't. Whichever location code you are stamped with I'm pretty positive until that warehouse receives it and you're high up in the que you aren't going to know anything until then

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
It has to mean something, otherwise what is the point? I'm not saying it indicates where the phone currently is.

I agree it means something. Perhaps the carrier whether aircraft or truck makes a stop at that location point. However the location code on the confirmation orders on day 1 of preorder has not changed..So unless all preorders have been sitting at these locations since last Friday, they don't really mean anything as far as knowing where your iphone currently is.
[doublepost=1473944782][/doublepost]
No it does not mean where it's at, it's which warehouse will have your phone and where it will be prior to shipping. They had to categorize all the orders in shipments. Probably why some have seen movement and some haven't. Whichever location code you are stamped with I'm pretty positive until that warehouse receives it and you're high up in the que you aren't going to know anything until then

That makes sense and what I figured. Thanks for the info

nanbeck

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I cancelled the original order I placed for a silver 7+32 at 3:15 am on 9/9 with a ship date of 10\5. I re-ordered a silver 7 128 through a verizon rep yesterday morning with a ship date of 9/23. My card was charged this morning. :)

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
These availability issues used to not be an issue back in the 2 year contract days. Now with everyone having the ability to upgrade every year as long as their device is paid off it has gotten worse and will likely be the new normal for pre orders for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Samantha124

amandarawrr452

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Greetings! I signed up just to post my update, but want to thank everyone for all your updates and humor while I secretly lurked.

I purchased my phone on the Verizon website around 0300 am CT but did not receive a confirmation e-mail until 0912 am, which was nerve racking at first! I ordered the 128 rg +. Had the delivery date of 9/16 on website but 9/28 on email as many others did. CC was charged yesterday around 4 pm and I checked my status today around 0745 am to see that my package was shipped. I never received notification that my cc was charged or my package was shipped.

Good luck to all, especially our jet black friends! I hope you get your new phones soon.

Edit: I'm in Texas if that helps anyone

macmaccy

macrumors member
May 12, 2009

The location code indicates where you are located. This is a very important part of the shipping process because orders are picked/packed in waves usually by this code. Although I don't work for Verizon, this is probably the reason orders are "shipped" out of time ordered sequence. EX...I ordered at 2:30 AM and my order has not shipped, but orders placed after mine have.

TyroneJack

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
did apple even make any 32gb iPhone 7+ for 9/16? thought that would be one of the first to ship, boy was i wrong. starting to think the original release date was 9/23 but moved up to 9/16 due to the Note 7 recall. wild guess but with the supply constraints this could be a thing.

Martyrd0m

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
NJ
Yep, FedEx is good at this logistics thing, even if it doesn't make sense to us. I remember 2 years ago, my phone sat in NJ hub for almost a week with no movement and then suddenly, late Thursday night, it flew from NJ to Memphis and made its way from Memphis to my town in time for launch day. It'll get there :)

It's just strange how many have phones waiting in the NJ hub to be shipped out and I'm in NJ with my phone waiting in Memphis.

Reactions: ksujoel

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Location code is the warehouse that is actually going to smack your label on your box. The phones arrive in large pallets at carrier warehouses around the country. They break them down and throw them on a conveyor which then scans and sees all the details in the phone and then the computer says that "Joe Blow" is next up for that particular model, color, size etc and prints out a label and applies it to the phone. During that same brief time, it reads the serial number, IMEI etc on the box and adds it to the carriers system.

After that, it is then placed back onto a pallet with other phones and then sent to the actual carrier sorting facility to make it's way to you! So even if you are not getting your phone for a month or two, they will still assign it a location code because it has to have a label assigned to it. It very well could change when they start direct shipping after pre-orders are done.

serranoma93

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Philadelphia
Hey all,

Has anyone else seen movement on the 7 Plus Jet Black (either size)? I pre-ordered a 256GB JB 7 Plus right after release on Friday, and my card was charged around 4:30pm yesterday. My status now shows order is "sent to warehouse for shipment". Surely there are others...it's not like Verizon has only one single JB 7 Plus to ship. If it helps, I'm in Philadelphia.

Edit: I don't yet have a tracking number, just a charge and change in status. On My Verizon, my shipping date disappeared (was originally 10/12). Ordered at 3:15AM via phone.

Reactions: amandarawrr452

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
Anyone with a location code: N215401 have any luck with MB 128+?
[doublepost=1473944315][/doublepost]
What is your location? I'm guessing that is for northern midwest or northeast US.

Do a forum search on here of your location number and see if anyone in the past has had that same location number.

soccerjoshj07

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
"Your order has been sent to warehouse for shipment" for my 7+ 128gb black ordered at like 2:30ish am central time? I never got a confirmation email so I don't know.

Was also charged for that and an iPhone 7 32gb gold that was ordered 11pm central 9/10
yay tracking for both this morning.

They never updated my shipping address, so that's cool thanks Verizon.

MrFarfles

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Stow OH
128 MB 7+ here. No movement yet. Ordered at about 7am EST on 9/9. Unfortunately had to cancel my 3:00am order due to a wrong shipping/billing address. I don't expect anything tomorrow, as my dates are all 9/23 but you never know!

Anyone know where Location Code 0423101 is located? I'm located in Cleveland.

nwfrog

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2016
I have a FEDEX question. I want to hold my delivery at a FEDEX location for me to pick up on Friday. FEDEX tells me that until the phone advances one more stage (right now it is in Memphis) they can't change it from signature required for delivery to hold for pickup. Does anyone have experience in the past with being able to have their phone held for pickup (by FEDEX)? BTW they told me to call back early tomorrow morning. I am not complaining just curious. There is no way I can be home all day Friday.
I got a reply from FEDEX. Per the instructions from Verizon they have to make one delivery attempt before the package can be held for pickup. I was told I could pick it up from 6pm to 7pm Friday evening or 9am-5pm Saturday.

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
I got a reply from FEDEX. Per the instructions from Verizon they have to make one delivery attempt before the package can be held for pickup. I was told I could pick it up from 6pm to 7pm Friday evening or 9am-5pm Saturday.

I'm leaving a note tomorrow with a signature and tracking number saying let it at the door.

My package moved away. It was about 40 mins away and is now almost 1.5 hours away or further. No idea why, but it left the state.

Pris0315

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Hey all,

Has anyone else seen movement on the 7 Plus Jet Black (either size)? I pre-ordered a 256GB JB 7 Plus right after release on Friday, and my card was charged around 4:30pm yesterday. My status now shows order is "sent to warehouse for shipment". Surely there are others...it's not like Verizon has only one single JB 7 Plus to ship. If it helps, I'm in Philadelphia.

Edit: I don't yet have a tracking number, just a charge and change in status. On My Verizon, my shipping date disappeared (was originally 10/12). Ordered at 3:15AM via phone.
[doublepost=1473946552][/doublepost]No update here I ordered a 128GB + JB on 9/09 at 2:20am CST. Still no charge or anything still says processing.

Reactions: castorbroome3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.