Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
128 GB matte black plus ordered at 3:15AM eastern. Woke up this morning to nothing again. Not even a cc charge. Beyond annoyed TBH. Doesn't look like I'm getting it tomorrow for some reason.
What is your location? I am also irritated that my 7+ 128 MB was ordered at 3:16, and VZW is fulfilling orders much later than mine.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
So does the fact that we are STILL not seeing jet black models shipping mean that there is a whole load of them somewhere just not labeled yet? It seems odd that there wouldn't be anyone on this thread receiving jet black on launch day (or maybe I missed some posts?)

sinister184

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2014
Sweet! After a week of thinking the 9/23 estimate was going to stand, I got my overnight shipping notification this morning for my black 128 +.

Reactions: BrittaniFun

sdiori

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
So does the fact that we are STILL not seeing jet black models shipping mean that there is a whole load of them somewhere just not labeled yet? It seems odd that there wouldn't be anyone on this thread receiving jet black on launch day (or maybe I missed some posts?)

That's my sense.

Today is the day we find out, so at least the wait is coming to an end.

Also, some folks have been notified by VZW that they're orders were delayed and would ship at a later date.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Fact is we just don't know. It would be a pretty big fail if absolutely no one got one so you'd think there would be some last minute notifications today. But then again I thought those would come yesterday.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
OK, a few updates.
1. FedEx was showing that the delivery was going to be there tomorrow by 3PM, now it changed to by 8PM.
2. It is now showing that shipping label has been sent to FedEx and it's still in NJ. So I'm assuming it's going to make its way down here tonight since it's overnight shipping.
Yep, FedEx is good at this logistics thing, even if it doesn't make sense to us. I remember 2 years ago, my phone sat in NJ hub for almost a week with no movement and then suddenly, late Thursday night, it flew from NJ to Memphis and made its way from Memphis to my town in time for launch day. It'll get there :)

Reactions: JerTheGeek

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Yep, FedEx is good at this logistics thing, even if it doesn't make sense to us. I remember 2 years ago, my phone sat in NJ hub for almost a week with no movement and then suddenly, late Thursday night, it flew from NJ to Memphis and made its way from Memphis to my town in time for launch day. It'll get there :)

Yeah, I have faith. I think the time just changed because of how many shipments they have to send out. I have a feeling they are hating tomorrow, lol.

Reactions: ksujoel

gulbane

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Argh...

Pre-ordered the 128GB 7 Plus in matte black via the Apple.com web site from my Mac at 3:21am EST on Friday. I immediately received the email confirmation. It went from order placed to processing the next morning, and thats where it has remained. No charge on my credit card as of Wednesday at 3:50pm.

Here's the best part - from day 1, it has shown 2-3 weeks delivery and Oct 4-Oct 10 as the dates! Come on! I literally could not have ordered any quicker.....Apple.com didn't come up until 3:10 or so and then I couldn't get past the Verizon verification until a few minutes later. Words of wisdom? :)

Having pre-ordered since Apple started doing this, this is fairly typical (many times it would sit in processing until a day before and then all of a sudden be 'out for shipment' on the correct day...but this time it feels strange.

So just an update to this. I called Apple.com this morning...and yes, it will NOT be shipped until Oct 4-10. Ordering at 3:18am EST was simply too late to get the matte black 128GB version...so thats that!

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
Yeah, I have faith. I think the time just changed because of how many shipments they have to send out. I have a feeling they are hating tomorrow, lol.
So do you think for those who haven't been charged yet still have a chance to get them tomorrow? Or is that just a long shot.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Oh yeah for sure, I've seen that happen the last 2 years where the shipping time changed. I'm sure they hate iDay as well lol

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
I am still in awe that the VZW rep on the phone ordered me a 256GB instead of 128GB 7+ Matte Black. I feel like if they didn't screw up, my phone would be on its way.

Meanwhile, no movement on my account at all.

drp9300

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
So I woke up to a tracking number. But weird thing is the tracking number only shows one phone shipped when I ordered 2 phones. Both the same exact phone 128GB Mat Black Plus. and the delivery date moved from 9/23 to 9/16. Am I still going to get both phones tomorrow?

blubz

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
North Carolina
My order is still processing with 9/23 ship date (ordered at 7am on 9/9, late to the party). No CC charge yet.

7, MB, 128gb.

No unicorn either...
Ordered the same thing. Was hoping to wake up to some shipping info but no dice. :(

I ordered mine super late as well (10am est), so I'm not too disappointed that it most likely isn't coming tomorrow. It's just bizarre that we've barely seen any movement for that model in particular!

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
So I looked at my receipt for the purchase in my Verizon account, says the location code and that the phone is in Atlanta. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten tracking yet. Atlanta is 3.5-4 hours away from me? Keeping my hopes up ! Lol

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
So I looked at my receipt for the purchase in my Verizon account, says the location code and that the phone is in Atlanta. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten tracking yet. Atlanta is 3.5-4 hours away from me? Keeping my hopes up ! Lol

What did you do with the location code to know it was in Atlanta?

sdiori

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013

How do you know it's Atlanta?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.