Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdavidson012

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
TN
Sounds right to me, but I don't know for sure. This is the first time I've pre-ordered a phone through Verizon. My phone is currently in Memphis though waiting to be delivered on the 16th.

Lucky! First pre-order for me as well. You'll definitely have yours on launch day. Hope all goes well, I think in the end we will all be happy. Apple and Verizon have to cover their butts somehow, even if it means giving later deliver dates to some, lol.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Off topic, but my 6 has started to have battery issues. Lovely, quite lovely. Looks like a definite no for trade-in now. Fml

KSAnders10

Suspended
Sep 14, 2016
Kansas
Lucky! First pre-order for me as well. You'll definitely have yours on launch day. Hope all goes well, I think in the end we will all be happy. Apple and Verizon have to cover their butts somehow, even if it means giving later deliver dates to some, lol.
That's what's I'm talking about!! Positive energy!! We are all here for one thing. That's updates on certain phones and delivery dates. I give it to you all the way straight!! If you ordered early, be easy. There are many more problems going on than iPhone 7 shipments. Hope you receive your phone a day ahead or scheduled delivery date!
[doublepost=1473919503][/doublepost]
Off topic, but my 6 has started to have battery issues. Lovely, quite lovely. Looks like a definite no for trade-in now. Fml
No Bueno mi amigo!! Battery issues are those of the manufacturer. If they are significant it sounds like Apple needs to take a look at it. With Verizon, if you lay $11 a month you have protection+. Protection+ extends your warranty for the life of your phone. Battery issues without visible damage and or water damage will get your a new 6/6+ or 6s/6s+. I'd get in touch with Verizon in regards to your battery issue. Even though you should've handled that before the launch of s new phone. I'm sure it will go unnoticed if your phone isn't damaged or the water stickers haven't been activated. If so don't even try, they will easily be able to see the phone has been damaged or wet at some point. It's definitely worth looking into. If you have an Apple Store nearby take your phone to the store. They will notice the reds tickets before they take it back to open it up.

Dtm4lifebaby

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
So it looks like I was charged thi's evening at 730pm pst, but I have not received a shipping email. Also my status still says that it is being shipped on 9/23

KSAnders10

Suspended
Sep 14, 2016
Kansas
So it looks like I was charged thi's evening at 730pm pst, but I have not received a shipping email. Also my status still says that it is being shipped on 9/23
I'm just speaking on what I've experienced in the past. Every time I pre order the latest iphone(I always pre ordered the space black max gb). I've always received an estimated shipping date that was well beyond the launch date. Last year for my 6s+, I didn't receive info until the day of launch. No cc charges, nothing. It all happened on launch day. This phone seems to have everyone interested for some reason. The pre orders are outrageous and with the 2 new colors it's even worse. If you ordered your phone as soon as you were able to do so you should get your phone on launch day. This is not a for certain but as its played out in that past.....I'm pretty sure you'll get your info sometime tomorrow if not Friday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
You'll get your phone if you really have a confirmation that early. I had my MacBook, iPad Air 2, and my wife and i's iPhone 6s Plus's on Verizon and it wasn't working until around 3:30am. Even though I was able to place my order around 3:10am. I wasn't able to checkout with errors until almost 3:45 CST. I think everyone who ordered within the first hour of the launch date will have their phones Friday. Still waiting on calls from the homies that work for corporate carrier locations. Originally I was told any black variation wasn't going to ship until 9/28. This is pre orders from a manager and senior rep at Verizon corporate locations in Kansas. They were told they won't see their phones until after 9/28 due to them only having 10 iPhone 7's (not iPhone 7+) arriving before launch date. I just relieved a text from a manager in Kansas and he's still on a conference call from apple. I think everyone who ordered early should be good. As far as JB variations they are scarse. If you got your order in super early you should be alright. But don't count on it. All other colors including matte black should ship and be relieved by launch day. That is if you ordered before the hour past when it went live.
[doublepost=1473914691][/doublepost]
I've got a 6s+ 128gb and they better give me more than $0 for that bish!! Haven't received any return boxes, was told the shipment would have the return box or envelope in it. If you e received your box already you already know your phone will be there sometime Friday.

Sorry I just don't buy it. I ordered normal black 7+ 256 right at midnight.....confirm email 12:06 and have had NO CHANGE in a week. Delivery shows 09/23 that's when I will get it

Last edited:

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Called at midnight (9/9) and got off the phone at around 12:16am with a confirmation email at 12:12am

Chose the 256GB iPhone 7 JB, with a deliver date of 9/23

CC has not been charged yet and been stuck on "we received your order and it is in process" ever since :(

scrillantro

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2016
This might've been posted earlier, but I remember some people were worried about Apple maybe sending Jet Black iPhones to retail stores, thus making some people who got in on the pre-order wait longer. Apple had a statement saying that 7+ and Jet Black 7 and 7+ will not be available for walk-in orders at their retail stores.

"We couldn’t be happier with the initial response to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and we are looking forward to beginning sales through our retail stores and partners around the world.

Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.
Customers can continue to order all models in all colors on apple.com. We sincerely appreciate our customers’ patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible."

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/a...stores-and-all-jet-black-models-are-sold-out/

MikeKlump

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
My phone just shipped and I got a tracking number etc.

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Matte Black

Looks like MyVerizon is down right now though.
8RHvAki.png

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
My phone just shipped and I got a tracking number etc.

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Matte Black

Looks like MyVerizon is down right now though.
8RHvAki.png
I hope this is it for me. I have been in your boat. No charge to my card and no change. Same phone exactly. I have pretty much resigned myself to trying at a Verizon store on Friday.
[doublepost=1473923857][/doublepost]
Site works just fine for me
Try to check "My Orders".

brmlong

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Massachusetts
yeah I'm still waiting for my matte black 128gb 7+ to get charged and shipped...i mean i did order 2 hours after it went live but still have a 9/23 ship date...but I'm also here in MA so maybe thats a factor? tomorrow night looks like our only chance

They need to show our state some love !

Reactions: letsgox

Bala0509

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
its down for me as well. maybe we will get more accurate dates. my 256gb Black went from 9/28 to 10/5 a few hours after i got the order conf.

KSAnders10

Suspended
Sep 14, 2016
Kansas
Sorry I just don't buy it. I ordered normal black 7+ 256 right at midnight.....confirm email 12:06 and have had NO CHANGE in a week. Delivery shows 09/23 that's when I will get it
I understand what you're going through. Years ago I had the same feelings about pre ordering the iPhone before launch date. No updates, no cc charges....nothing! But if you're still up the my Verizon app is going through some maitenence. So I bet by tomorrow afternoon most if all pre orders will receive some type of info. If it's shipped or not I really don't know. But I do know all major carriers after closing had conference calls from Apple. So we shall see how it plays out. A source from sprint said he should receive his pre order on launch day. He wasn't able to pre order until end of business day 9/9. He also said they do NOT bump up employees that work for carriers. So from what he's saying it seems as if once again Apple somehow pulled it off. For those who ordered their devices after initial pre order date(you can still pre order now), you may be back ordered. You also may receive you phone on launch day. My att source says they're a go. And my Verizon rep said it'll be like every other launch date. Speculation on delivery dates, shipping dates based off of spreadsheets and not orders. Once they sort through phones over night a lot of you may see your phones will be there on launch day. Hopefully yours will come also!! I ordered 2 iPhone 7+. Matte black and rose gold 128gbs with confirmation at 3:45ish CST. The latest I've ever pre ordered an iPhone. My neighbor ordered his around noon 9/9 and has already been charged but no updated shipping info due to Verizon's maintenance. You should be fine. I just couldn't imagine Apple releasing a new phone, 2 new color variations, and not have the phones to back it up. That would probably kill the pre order game. I don't think Apple would let that happen.

KSAnders10

Suspended
Sep 14, 2016
Kansas
I hope this is it for me. I have been in your boat. No charge to my card and no change. Same phone exactly. I have pretty much resigned myself to trying at a Verizon store on Friday.
Whatever you do don't cancel your pre order. 8 hours from now it could all be different. If you're going to line up, cancel your order once you have the phone you want in your hands. Otherwise I'd wait it out. Seriously.
[doublepost=1473924665][/doublepost]
I'm up and the Verizon site works fine for me. Still shows processing

I'm not planning on it arriving before the 23rd
Mine showed that just a few short hours ago. I've taken off friday because I assumed I'd be running around town trying to find the phone I want in a Verizon store. Get some rest. Verizon doing maintenance has got to be a sign of a large amount of iPhones that just came in.

MikeKlump

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
I had my card charged earlier today though so if your card has been charged then I doubt you will be getting a tracking number tonight.

williambelknap

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
jetblack 7 fam im dying i need this phone
[doublepost=1473927623][/doublepost]verizon texted me ab the shipment today on my jet black 7 128gb, *cries uncontrollably*

Attachments

• IMG_0445.PNG
    IMG_0445.PNG
    320.1 KB · Views: 273

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
That's what's I'm talking about!! Positive energy!! We are all here for one thing. That's updates on certain phones and delivery dates. I give it to you all the way straight!! If you ordered early, be easy. There are many more problems going on than iPhone 7 shipments. Hope you receive your phone a day ahead or scheduled delivery date!
[doublepost=1473919503][/doublepost]
No Bueno mi amigo!! Battery issues are those of the manufacturer. If they are significant it sounds like Apple needs to take a look at it. With Verizon, if you lay $11 a month you have protection+. Protection+ extends your warranty for the life of your phone. Battery issues without visible damage and or water damage will get your a new 6/6+ or 6s/6s+. I'd get in touch with Verizon in regards to your battery issue. Even though you should've handled that before the launch of s new phone. I'm sure it will go unnoticed if your phone isn't damaged or the water stickers haven't been activated. If so don't even try, they will easily be able to see the phone has been damaged or wet at some point. It's definitely worth looking into. If you have an Apple Store nearby take your phone to the store. They will notice the reds tickets before they take it back to open it up.

Thank you! There should be no water damage at all, unless someone dumped it in a toilet without telling me, I'm going to talk with Verizon. It's a phone that I received from the insurance a year ago. I took out the sim and I don't see any red, just white and silver parts.

Last edited:

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Soo...from what i've seen so far regarding people that ordered the MB 7+ 128GB that had an expected delivery of 9/23...the latest time so far that I've seen someone order it and have it shipped for launch day delivery was around 3:40am Eastern. Nothing past that time yet. Im guessing I won't receive mine for launch day because theres one night left & I ordered mine 2 hours later around 5:30am. Is there any hope for launch day? I'll be ok with Monday as well but launch would be great!

KirkyMD

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Order confirmation at 3:28 EST with an iPhone 7, Rose Gold, 128GB and an iPhone 7+, Silver, 128GB. Est delivery: 9/28

No movement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.