Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Sorry if this was already posted. But I am on the preorder list for delivery on Oct 12. But I have already received my trade in box. I was told that I wouldn't receive it until later and that I didn't have to send my phone in until I had received the new one. But the instructions in the box say I have to send it in within 30 days. I assume I can just wait, right?

If you read the directions it should say 30 days from the receipt of your new device. You should be fine.

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
So after stalking the forums since 9/9, I finally have a question. My delivery date has disappeared for a couple hours but is now back. Stating 9/23 just like before. Why would my delivery date disappear?

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
System update? Hackers? Skynet?

Who knows....
Yesterday or the day before people had their delivery dates disappear and soon after had their credit cards charged. I was hoping one of those people would chime in... but you're smart ass remark is just as good.

TIME REDUX

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I ordered 10 minutes after midnight on 9/9 from the Verizon website. I ordered two 7+ phones with 128GB, one in Rose Gold and one in Matte Black. I never received a confirmation email. Originally both phones showed a 9/23 ship date. Two days later the ship date disappeared and the order has been processing since then. This morning the website shows that the Rose Gold has shipped (still no email), and the Black is still processing. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Reactions: Morcom

Raystechworld

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Canton ohio
So I ordered at 3:21 AM on the Verizon site and couldn't order till that late because at 3 AM it was so crazy I couldn't place an order so once I got the website refreshed and was able to order that's what time it happened and there's so many others that have **** just like everybody else I ordered 7+ silver 128 gig and still nothing still showing at 9/28 deliver by

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
I ordered 10 minutes after midnight on 9/9 from the Verizon website. I ordered two 7+ phones with 128GB, one in Rose Gold and one in Matte Black. I never received a confirmation email. Originally both phones showed a 9/23 ship date. Two days later the ship date disappeared and the order has been processing since then. This morning the website shows that the Rose Gold has shipped (still no email), and the Black is still processing. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

It sounds like you have a terrible spam filter.

Raystechworld

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Canton ohio
I know sorry about that I just wish I had a 916 by 8 o'clock delivery day that would be great I'm sure everybody else on here would be too good for you though let us know how happy you are once you get it and if it is what we all think it's going to be

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I just spoke to verizon through chat, they said 'Activation fees' are waved but not 'Upgrade Fees' so they couldnt remove them. May try my luck with another rep later.

Raystechworld

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Canton ohio
A good friend of mine ordered the same color with Verizon same gig and everything the same as mine basically then ordered his at noon on the 10th and his got shipped out yesterday

KirkyMD

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
So I ordered at 3:21 AM on the Verizon site and couldn't order till that late because at 3 AM it was so crazy I couldn't place an order so once I got the website refreshed and was able to order that's what time it happened and there's so many others that have **** just like everybody else I ordered 7+ silver 128 gig and still nothing still showing at 9/28 deliver by

Same. Honestly, it looks like Apple did not produce enough phones to meet demand (I.e. By launch day). Unfortunately, we picked one of the configurations that seems to have a very low quantity (if any) produced.

Certainly, a first world problem. Still, hard to stomach based on previous experiences ordering online. I will want as patiently as possible for 9/28.

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
So after stalking the forums since 9/9, I finally have a question. My delivery date has disappeared for a couple hours but is now back. Stating 9/23 just like before. Why would my delivery date disappear?
I had the same thing happen this morning, but haven't seen any other movement yet. What model did you order? I ordered the 7+ silver 128gb.

Edit: I'm hoping it means they're finally processing that model, as there's been almost no one seeing movement on them -- I saw one other person say they were finally charged on it last night (or this morning? Can't remember.)

Last edited:

Skittlez86

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys, been watching patiently for any updates on 256gb matte black 7+ (ordered 9-10-16 after canceling a jet black order made on 9-9-16). So far all Verizon has given me is a near heart attack. My ship date on confirmation email was 9-28-16. Well checked it earlier and it said 11-23-16!!! Refreshed and it said 9-28-16 refresh and back to November and so on for a couple hours. Now it stays 9-28-16 regardless of refresh and Verizon website says 9-28-16.... Other then that nothing exciting happening here

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
So I just got off the phone with Verizon. The upgrade fees are waived if you ordered on the ninth. Which I did. And since my order has not shipped yet they cannot waive it yet because it's still in pre-order status. She did confirm she sees a ship date of October 5. Hallelujah! And current orders being made are showing ship date of October 5 as well. So she said there is a possibility of getting it sooner. They just have a later date to cover themselves.

Reactions: APLFNBY

thagomizer

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2005
USA
Has anyone with a 9/16 delivery date from UPS seen any movement in their tracking? Mine (iPhone 7 black 32GB) has a 9/13 4:44pm origin scan in Memphis, TN, but no further activity. Yet it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, 9/16.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
what are the chances of more 128gb 7+ matte black models being overnight shipped tonight?

I would say that the chances of that are very good. Since FedEx and UPS offer overnight services I cannot imagine a scenario where none will process tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.