Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Honestly I am hoping it doesn't ship overnight. I can't take time off work, and I don't know who I could have the driver leave it with and have it not get swiped.

Yeah, luckily I live in a really nice area and wouldn't be concerned. I plan on leaving a FedEx signature waiver at the door but I hear you. I hate the signature requirement!

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Sounds good I always find it good to believe things that random people post on the Internet. My question was not about the logistics of the shipment my question was about where you heard this baseless content.
Not baseless but you can believe it is. If my name and location don't give you a hint, I can't help you any more.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
I sent a tweet to Verizon about me ordering at 12:16a PST on 9/9 with no progress, while countless others have ordered the same exact phone and have already been shipped. They publicly responded instantly, wanting me to DM so we could figure it out. I sent it, and now it's been an hour with no response... Go Team VZW...

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Leave a signed note on your doorstep giving FedEx permission to leave it. They'll accept that.

I did just check with front desk and they said they'd be ok with it. I seriously doubt it will come tomorrow. No CC charge, no shipping info, just a confirmation of order at 3:14 am on pre-order day :(

Calisunshine901

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
that won't be the case, confirmed a million times.

this isn't ASOS... they are separate phones, separate boxes, separate shipping etc..

I ordered four phones from costco, 2 7+ 128gb matte black, 1 7 rose gold 128gb and 1 7+ 128gb jet black. All of them have a ship date of 11/23. The rep told me all of them won't ship until 11/23 and my shipment date also says that. They are all on the same plan.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
To keep it positive... I just got charged for my new Apple Watch... so I guess that is something... but still no movement on the 7+ 128 Matte Black or 7 128 Gold

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I sent a tweet to Verizon about me ordering at 12:16a PST on 9/9 with no progress, while countless others have ordered the same exact phone and have already been shipped. They publicly responded instantly, wanting me to DM so we could figure it out. I sent it, and now it's been an hour with no response... Go Team VZW...

Haha I never use Twitter but what the hell! I just tried the same thing! Its hard to make the complaint in 140 characters!

Reactions: Samantha124

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Should I be concerned if:
  • My Verizon account still shows that I have an upgrade eligible on the line that I have the order for my iPhone
  • I haven't been charged (not even a pending charge) and
  • The preorder.verizonwireless.com doesn't find my order
BUT
  • I have a confirmation number
  • I have an order in the app that says processing
  • I have an order when I login to myverizonwireless.com (also processing)
??

I have the same thing going on and have been wondering this as well. I unfortunately don't have an answer, but thought it might make you feel better to know you're not the only one? I hope it's not a bad sign.
[doublepost=1473971954][/doublepost]
4:11am ET.
Did you see a CC charge first?

Reactions: InvalidBassist

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
If it's going to spend that much time in Memphis it could at least bring some BBQ along with it.
Oh man now I want BBQ. Although I've only had BBQ from Cali since I've never been out of state.

Back on topic, my iPhone has been in Memphis for 3 days now, every morning telling me it's there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 1.41.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 1.41.14 PM.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 97

stannc

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I have the same thing going on and have been wondering this as well. I unfortunately don't have an answer, but thought it might make you feel better to know you're not the only one? I hope it's not a bad sign.
[doublepost=1473971954][/doublepost]
Did you see a CC charge first?

Yes, I got a text message from my credit card company at 8:28pm last night that my card was charged.

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
Oh man now I want BBQ. Although I've only had BBQ from Cali since I've never been out of state.

Back on topic, my iPhone has been in Memphis for 3 days now, every morning telling me it's there.

Im in the same boat, Fedex slows as a snail. And plus they wont allow me to go a pick up my phone at the fedex location tomorrow morning, wtf.

I called UPS, and i will go tomorrow morning to pick up my watch.

Makes 0 sense.

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Is it possible that some phones are on the way but Verizon hasn't had time to update it in their system?

Here's what I'll say about this, for my Apple Watch Series 2, it shipped on 9/13, but I am

Shady..

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Im in the same boat, Fedex slows as a snail. And plus they wont allow me to go a pick up my phone at the fedex location tomorrow morning, wtf.

I called UPS, and i will go tomorrow morning to pick up my watch.

Makes 0 sense.
Yeah, doesn't make sense. I called FedEx and asked why it's been there for so long. They cited the rule of not delivering before Friday; I think it'd just be safer to ship it to a location much closer to the destination to ensure that delivery is made on time.

Reactions: iteklog

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Yeah, doesn't make sense. I called FedEx and asked why it's been there for so long. They cited the rule of not delivering before Friday; I think it'd just be safer to ship it to a location much closer to the destination to ensure that delivery is made on time.

Yeah I thought about that a bit, I wonder if it has anything to do with insurance. I mean that have so many of these you have to imagine they are paying insurance to hold them until they are delivered so perhaps it is easier to keep them all in one spot. On the other hand I bet it is also much easier to ensure they don't get yelled at by apple for delivering early if they can keep an eye on everything in one location.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009

You know this is like a small part of the millions of packages they ship every day right? I'm not saying iphone release day is insignificant, but they do this for a living. But maybe that's because my FIL was a Fedex lifer.

They know what they're doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.