Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mandurz

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles, Ca
I would wait to see how it shakes out over the next few days. Delivering millions of phones isn't like santa's workshop with them running through the list in order, 1 JB, 1 RG, etc, they are delivering huge pallets to distribution centers. Given that there hasn't been a single MB 7+ confirmed as sent (for example), it is still very possible that the batch hasn't been processed/ people will still get them tomorrow. Then again, maybe they screwed the pooch-- but I think it is too early to make proclamations just yet.

My 128GB MB+ card was charged Tuesday and shipped out yesterday early morning.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Says who?
They fly out of Louisville tonight if going thru UPS to somewhere in the US but this is the first year they have not came into Louisville from Anchorage in bulk. Some late shipping items from overseas may come but the bulk did not come this year. I have zero reason for making it up but can guarantee this is the case.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Called VZW about order. Should be getting it next week (which is ok with me) I'm in the first batch of phones going out (which will be this week and next week)

One thing the rep did say was please, please make sure your bill isn't past due. If it is, your order won't ship. And you may lose your place in line.

Even if you go to a carrier store, Best Buy, or Apple for tomorrow...please make sure your bill is paid. At BBY, if the bill is past due...we usually can't even access the account. Just throwing that out there. Don't want anybody standing in line for a phone....and finally get to the front, only to be told they can't get the phone b/c the account is past due. I've seen it before at my job and it sucks for the customer

Just to be clear, you're talking about someone whose bill was due 9/14 and hasn't paid it right? Mine is due Oct 1 but is paid current as of today.

10kb

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
If you are implying that the email was sent but filtered out that would be wrong. I never received an email. I check my junk folder daily.

I never received a confirmation email either-- mine was because I no longer used the email address that they had on file. I updated the email address online (my verizon). Updating my email included activating it by clicking a link in the email they send initially. After updating I called customer service.
They didn't have the ability to resend the exact email but they were able to provide my confirmation number, location number and order number to reference.
I'm able to track the Statius with the confirmation number now.

drp9300

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Anyone get an order split up? I ordered 2 of the exact same phone in the same order at the same time. And only one has a tracking number and the other phone says still processing. Anyone that ordered more than one see this?

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
They fly out of Louisville tonight if going thru UPS to somewhere in the US but this is the first year they have not came into Louisville from Anchorage in bulk. Some late shipping items from overseas may come but the bulk did not come this year. I have zero reason for making it up but can guarantee this is the case.
Sounds good I always find it good to believe things that random people post on the Internet. My question was not about the logistics of the shipment my question was about where you heard this baseless content.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
For those about to stand in line tomorrow to get their new phones, i just called my local Verizon store and asked them if i could walkout with the 7+ tomorrow after canceling my preorder, they said there's no way for them to give me an upgrade (in the system) and that i'm just going to have to wait for my order.
Just thought i'd let you guys know since some of you are planning on going there early.

My local store said if they have what I want then I can call 611 and cancel and it will reset your upgrade. Hope my store is right and yours is wrong.

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
Anyone get an order split up? I ordered 2 of the exact same phone in the same order at the same time. And only one has a tracking number and the other phone says still processing. Anyone that ordered more than one see this?

Limit 1 per customer of equal value.. all factors being constant.. i.e. your situation = one tomorrow, one next week

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
No I bought two phones but they said they will ship together even if one was ready and the other was not.

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
My local store said if they have what I want then I can call 611 and cancel and it will reset your upgrade. Hope my store is right and yours is wrong.

when i cancelled my first order, it only took about less than 2 minutes for my upgrade to reset to place a new one

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
Maybe just like Apples keynote's they are saving the best for last (JB) possibly? I mean if you think about it it would help drive they hype having all of us talking about how the JB are either sold out or not moving. :rolleyes:

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Ordered 9:9 with confirmation email at 12:12am

256 iPhone 7 jet black with a date of 9/23

No credit card charge..... No update of any kind....

I'm kinda just expecting and accepting that it will come next week instead of tomorrow :(

Reactions: Hemifam

Kceb83

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2011
Got my shipping notification for 128gb Matte Black 7+ around 3 am today. Delivery by 8 pm tomorrow. Had been showing ship by 9/23 since I purchased at 2:30 am on Verizon's site. Going to be sitting by my door all day tomorrow :)

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
Ordered 9:9 with confirmation email at 12:12am

256 iPhone 7 jet black with a date of 9/23

No credit card charge..... No update of any kind....

I'm kinda just expecting and accepting that it will come next week instead of tomorrow :(
I refuse to believe that! lol :D

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
when i cancelled my first order, it only took about less than 2 minutes for my upgrade to reset to place a new one
That usually works if the phone hasn't moved past a certain point in the process. I used to work for AT&T and that was the case for us. Reps truly have no control over that. The system we used totally limited us. I would imagine it to be similar with Verizon.
Plus, did you see the statement that apple sent out? All + models, colors, capacities sold out completely to pre orders and no walk in customers would be able to get one tomorrow. They said it could vary by third party location, but personally, the likelihood of a third party carrier having any available for walk in customer is slim to none. I would just keep your pre order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.