Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harvest59

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
still waiting on mine, 128gb matte black 7+, location code D772101 (anyone with the same location code and model get theirs shipped) also, i did order a few hours after the site went live because i had to cancel my first order...do you think that might have a factor? still hoping for shipment tonight though...
My location code is D771901 and nothing here. What location is this

CarlissaRN

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Guys I contacted verizon they told me that yesterday night was the only wave those who didn't get charged yesterday will not get there phones tomm. All the shippings left will be started next week as per Apple's terms and conditions. As per them the only way left to get phones tomorrow is to go to a store and find one :(
My CC was charged yesterday but I have yet to receive a shipping email or an update under my orders. It still says processing. BUT I called Verizon and was given the tracking number and told I will receive my 7 plus 128 in silver tomorrow.

PTDixon

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Poor preparation is pretty appropriate. If you don't like my opinion that's fine bro ✌️

I would wait to see how it shakes out over the next few days. Delivering millions of phones isn't like santa's workshop with them running through the list in order, 1 JB, 1 RG, etc, they are delivering huge pallets to distribution centers. Given that there hasn't been a single MB 7+ confirmed as sent (for example), it is still very possible that the batch hasn't been processed/ people will still get them tomorrow. Then again, maybe they screwed the pooch-- but I think it is too early to make proclamations just yet.

Reactions: jimmyb124

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
I would wait to see how it shakes out over the next few days. Delivering millions of phones isn't like santa's workshop with them running through the list in order, 1 JB, 1 RG, etc, they are delivering huge pallets to distribution centers. Given that there hasn't been a single MB 7+ confirmed as sent (for example), it is still very possible that the batch hasn't been processed/ people will still get them tomorrow. Then again, maybe they screwed the pooch-- but I think it is too early to make proclamations just yet.
Fair enough for sure as of today, but if someone ordered 10 minutes within preorder there's really no reason they should not receive their thousand dollar device by Friday so we shall see.

Reactions: steelo3232

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Guys I contacted verizon they told me that yesterday night was the only wave those who didn't get charged yesterday will not get there phones tomm. All the shippings left will be started next week as per Apple's terms and conditions. As per them the only way left to get phones tomorrow is to go to a store and find one :(

The only thing is each rep has a different plot twist, so don't lose all hope!

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
These reps all say something different. Thanks for spreading the rumors though.

Wrkelly916

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2010
Ordered the 128gig 7+ matte on the 9th over the phone with Verizon Rep at 8:00AM Eastern after cancelling my 3:00AM jet black order. Still showing 9/23/2016 as the ship date. Ordered the same thing for my wife around 3:15AM Eastern and got the same 9/23 ship date, but will be delivered tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be waiting a week on mine.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014

Ive seen a few 128 7+ Matte Blacks confirmed shipped on this forum. But I think there are more to come.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009

Have you not been reading? There's been tons of 7+ MB shipped mine as one of them. There's an entire separate thread full of them.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
The original question was doing it online. You cannot do that. You can on UPS. Also, while you have been lucky, most FedEx locations will not do that since it is technically not allowed thru FedEx on iPhone shipments. As someone else said, it must be a Verizon rule because they ship FedEx usually.

Perhaps it is... I have only done it on Verizon shipments, actually. Twice in the past. Other times I just signed upon delivery as normal, and once I didn't pre-order and just bought one from Best Buy on launch day.

PTDixon

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Have you not been reading? There's been tons of 7+ MB shipped mine as one of them. There's an entire separate thread full of them.

I haven't been in the other thread, so maybe I am totally wrong with the example, but the logistics issue isn't off base. I have been reading THIS thread, and it is not true to say TONS. Then again, what the hell do I know. Let's go back to being cranky and argumentative.

Seriously though, the main point holds--let's keep our pitchforks at bay until tomorrow night anyway (or not, do whatever the eff you want!)...

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I haven't been in the other thread, so maybe I am totally wrong with the example, but the logistics issue isn't off base. I have been reading THIS thread, and it is not true to say TONS. Then again, what the hell do I know. Let's go back to being cranky and argumentative.

Seriously though, the main point holds--let's keep our pitchforks at bay until tomorrow night anyway (or not, do whatever the eff you want!)...

Maybe there are tons more already stateside to go out tonight. Don't give up hope! Mine originated in Memphis as far as I can tell.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I don't believe the location code has much to do with your location. I originally ordered a 7+ MB 32GB and decided to cancel and go with a 7+ MB 256GB. Both confirmation emails had different location codes, but both coming to the same address. Sounds like logistically, they may be sending the phones to different warehouses based on the variant of the phone and not your geography.

Reactions: goinskiing

PTDixon

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Maybe there are tons more already stateside to go out tonight. Don't give up hope! Mine originated in Memphis as far as I can tell.

I won't be surprised to see a bunch of the Matte Black 256 going out today, though I am not sure if I will be in the group (I forgot to set my alarm but happened to wake up an order at 3am central--an hour in). Honestly, I can wait for the phone I just want the "processing" to change and the date to be updated so I know when to anticipate getting the thing!

Reactions: gemnilocs

MonkeyET

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2009
Indio, CA
I figured I would give Verizon a call and check on the status of my Silver 128gb 7+. My delivery date of Sep 28 is when they said it would be delivered. If it is available to ship early they will text me to approve an early delivery. Never had heard that before....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.