Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
JB was announced first? Wasn't it.. ? :/
All they really talked about was JB honestly and even showed the whole process of achieving the finish.

Apple- "Hey lets make a new color everyone will want, showcase the crap out it and only make a few thousand models for launch day yay!"

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
And my rep told me that No iphone 7's of any kind have shipped yet.

See? Reps don't know, or don't care to know. Take anything they say with grain of salt because they are too low on the food chain apparently to get any actual information even though they work with customers...

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
And my rep told me that No iphone 7's of any kind have shipped yet.

Mine told me that the Silver 32GB +was the highest selling iPhone in Verizon's history and that I should be happy with deliver by date of 10/5 even though I ordered early morning on the 9th

I don't know what some of the folks who pick up the phone have been smoking at Verizon

Last edited:

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
All they really talked about was JB honestly and even showed the whole process of achieving the finish.

Apple- "Hey lets make a new color everyone will want, showcase the crap out it and only make a few thousand models for launch day yay!"

Honestly, MB looks like it out sold it. Obviously volume wise bc of quantity.
and obviously 100% of each phone was sold.. so the data is skewed...
sooooo forget i said anything lol

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Ordered 9:9 with confirmation email at 12:12am

256 iPhone 7 jet black with a date of 9/23

No credit card charge..... No update of any kind....

I'm kinda just expecting and accepting that it will come next week instead of tomorrow :(

Yeah, I'm holding out hope now that the Apple store has started to ship the phones (possibly overnight) that us folks who ordered on the Verizon site will see some charges and overnight shipment later this evening. But that's just wishful thinking at this point.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
Sounds good I always find it good to believe things that random people post on the Internet. My question was not about the logistics of the shipment my question was about where you heard this baseless content.

I got the same response from him a couple days ago. I guess flight aware is just making up scheduled flights?? He won't say how he can guarantee there are no iPhones coming into Louisville you just have to take him at his word. Who am I to say he is not right but there has to be scheduled flights from China to States with iPhones somewhere.

Reactions: Morcom

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
Honestly, MB looks like it out sold it. Obviously volume wise bc of quantity.
and obviously 100% of each phone was sold.. so the data is skewed...
sooooo forget i said anything lol
Funny you mention that I haven't seen tons of JB orders on here and on Verizon's forum but I have seen plenty of MB orders!

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
I ordered a 4.7 inch 7, JB, 128 GB at Verizon site 9/9. Received email confirmation at 2:15 AM CDT. I am in Minnesota. "Deliver by" date was 10/05 and has not changed. Credit card has not been charged. Nothing.
As a backup I also preordered online to be delivered to my local Target, same phone configuration, email confirmation at 10:42 AM CDT. This phone is for my 14 year old grand niece and I tried to talk her out of jet black because of shortages and potential scratching but she only wanted that color. Today on a whim I stopped at that Target and the clerk went in the backroom and said MY PHONE IS THERE! I am in shock. She said to just come back in the morning. I will be there when the store opens to be sure. SHE ALSO SAID THERE WERE NO 7+ PHONES IN BACK. That could change by morning or it may be that no-one in my area pre-ordered a 7+ (I do not live in an upscale neighborhood so it wouldn't surprise me) or maybe there simply were no 7+ phones available. But I am posting this in case anyone else out there also had a Target preorder as a backup plan. Or you might want to take a chance on showing up at a Target in the morning.

stannc

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I ordered a 128GB 7+ Matte Black from Verizon on 9/9 and received a ship date of 9/23.

Today I received a shipping notification with a FedEx tracking number for a 9/16 delivery. The package is supposedly in Memphis.

Reactions: Epic Xbox Revie

jddocea

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I ordered a 128GB 7+ Matte Black from Verizon on 9/9 and received a ship date of 9/23.

Today I received a shipping notification with a FedEx tracking number for a 9/16 delivery. The package is supposedly in Memphis.
What time did you get your shipping notification?

tml614

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I ordered a 128 silver+, and 128 RG. Ordered and had confirmation email at 3:20 am central. Had delivery date set in stone of 9/28 all week, just checked and it was pushed back to 9/30.

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey

it will repeat Memphis multiple times even when its not there it could still scan there. Fedex have had multiple issues w/iphone releases and tracking. Its just a computer thing, so don't worry if its there all night and till midday tomorrow

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
it will repeat Memphis multiple times even when its not there it could still scan there. Fedex have had multiple issues w/iphone releases and tracking. Its just a computer thing, so don't worry if its there all night and till midday tomorrow
Last year my 6s made multiple stops around Memphis. It was comical but also annoying. But I did get it here in Minnesota on launch day.

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Saw this in a iPhone 7+ 9/23-9/27 thread. First iPhone 7+ 32GB I've seen move to preparing for shipment

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 3.48.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 3.48.04 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 155

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I would say this has been the lowest level of volume delivered on a IPhone preorder release day? You guys agree with that....? It really is amazing how few phones have actually shipped..... if the numbers here are representative of all orders in the US Apple severely under produced adequate stock for launch day more so than normal it seems. I can't believe this phone considering no major exterior design change is proving harder to come by than the 6Plus did when it was released considering it was Apples first "phablet" and the design was "new" Just an observation as I come to reality The 6s will have to truck on one more week. :)

Reactions: Hemifam

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Honestly I am hoping it doesn't ship overnight. I can't take time off work, and I don't know who I could have the driver leave it with and have it not get swiped.

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
I would say this has been the lowest level of volume delivered on a IPhone preorder release day? You guys agree with that....? It really is amazing how few phones have actually shipped..... if the numbers here are representative of all orders in the US Apple severely under produced adequate stock for launch day more so than normal it seems. I can't believe this phone considering no major exterior design change is proving harder to come by than the 6Plus did when it was released considering it was Apples first "phablet" and the design was "new" Just an observation as I come to reality The 6s will have to truck on one more week. :)

Keep in consideration MULTIPLE scenarios unforeseen weeks ago..
- apple don't assemble final products until last couple weeks before announcing and the two week period before standard release
- apple also don't release after 1 week from preorders, usually 2

that being said, the variables, Samsung notes blowing up and killing thousands.. thus the week early release, the lack luster number of availability, the quick sell out and the mass complaints.
They have seized a considerable market size now that the FAA or whoever the american org is, has claimed mass damages etc. i think they lost 20bill$ (or more) in company value.

anyway, they released it early to catch people after trading in dud phones, that along with the mass hype from normal apple people = low quantity, groan men crying and calling CSRs all day asking where their phone is (like asking the traffic cone what the specials are at Home Depot for lunch) and the rare amounts of units shipping.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
Should I be concerned if:
  • My Verizon account still shows that I have an upgrade eligible on the line that I have the order for my iPhone
  • I haven't been charged (not even a pending charge) and
  • The preorder.verizonwireless.com doesn't find my order
BUT
  • I have a confirmation number
  • I have an order in the app that says processing
  • I have an order when I login to myverizonwireless.com (also processing)
??

trevoclark

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
Just curious if anyone with a Jet Black 256GB 7 PLUS model has seen movement? This seems to be one of the loneliest model in terms of movement. Mine is still in processing for a 9/28 delivery.

Reactions: Epic Xbox Revie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.