Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Ordered 7 JB 128GB at 2:07am eastern (53 min before official orders started). All week I was told it would ship soon as I had a 9/16 deliver by date and 9/16 ship date. This morning they said it would ship tomorrow and deliver Monday. A few hours ago all the dates disappeared from my order and then I got this email. I don't think they have any idea and I don't think they have barely any JB supply.
In my opinion if you were able to order before 3am edt your order should be canceled.

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
In my opinion if you were able to order before 3am edt your order should be canceled.

Why? I didn't do anything tricky. I was playing around with my plan on my iPad and it popped up. Not my problem they can't keep their system in order.

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
In the past I have been able to redirect the phone to a FedEx Store and they hold it. Maybe try that?

I'll try. thanks

May be the case, I just know I have seen people that ordered 128 7+ matte black later than mine (2:14am central) get charged and I haven't so unless the iPhone 7 that i also ordered is slowing it down the only other variable is location.

It's not the location man. Verizon fills in random ways year after year and it confuses everyone. lol.

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
Why? I didn't do anything tricky. I was playing around with my plan on my iPad and it popped up. Not my problem they can't keep their system in order.

people are just mad because you might get your phone before everybody else. It's kind of like saying.....everybody who's camping out in front of stores should not be allowed to purchase a phone.

It's ridiculous.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
people are just mad because you might get your phone before everybody else. It's kind of like saying.....everybody who's camping out in front of stores should not be allowed to purchase a phone.

It's ridiculous.

No it isn't like that at all. Its like if cops are standing outside the store and keeping everyone from camping out, unless you happen to ask the right cop if you can stay.

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007

It's ridiculous.

Well regardless, my intention wasn't to brag about ordering early. It was to share that there are delay emails going out and time ordered may be irrelevant.

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

ndirish345

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
And sometimes (always) Verizon is extremely incompetent when handling preorders despite doing them for years.

Along with all the other carriers. So, if you leave Verizon, you are going to face the same situations with the other carriers. Verizon can't ship a phone that they don't have. It comes down to the supplier, not Verizon.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
It's not the location man. Verizon fills in random ways year after year and it confuses everyone. lol.

HA! Here is what I propose... let it be a transparent process. Give people a number like at the DMV so you know where you are in the queue. If you want to complain about logistics then give everyone a batch number and fill those in order and assign everyone who orders a batch based on location so everyone knows where they are at in line. Wanna bet it would reduce the number of chats and calls each rep gets?

As it is people can say it is first come first serve, but clearly there is more to it alls I ask is transparency so people stop wigging out.

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
HA! Here is what I propose... let it be a transparent process. Give people a number like at the DMV so you know where you are in the queue. If you want to complain about logistics then give everyone a batch number and fill those in order and assign everyone who orders a batch based on location so everyone knows where they are at in line. Wanna bet it would reduce the number of chats and calls each rep gets?

As it is people can say it is first come first serve, but clearly there is more to it alls I ask is transparency so people stop wigging out.
Yeah it's not first come first serve.

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC

Where exactly in the ordering process does it state that it's first come first serve. I believe that's more of an assumption or expectation people have rather than the actual policy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.