Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Where exactly in the ordering process does it state that it's first come first serve. I believe that's more of an assumption or expectation people have rather than the actual policy.

Others in here that have talked to VZW reps have been told (off of what I can only assume is a script) that they are doing their best to fulfill orders on a first come first serve basis.

ZeppeLedlin

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Same here, i haven't seen any combo orders ship. my ship date went from 9/28 to 9/30 late this afternoon. Guess thats what I get for ordering together, but at least I don't have to watch my wife play with her new phone with envy.

Yeah, I just noticed mine dual order went from 9/28 to 9/30 now, too. Here I was hoping maybe they'd get sent sooner by change.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
HA! Here is what I propose... let it be a transparent process. Give people a number like at the DMV so you know where you are in the queue. If you want to complain about logistics then give everyone a batch number and fill those in order and assign everyone who orders a batch based on location so everyone knows where they are at in line. Wanna bet it would reduce the number of chats and calls each rep gets?

As it is people can say it is first come first serve, but clearly there is more to it alls I ask is transparency so people stop wigging out.
No way it would reduce the number of chats and calls. LOTS of people would still find their reasons to spaz out.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
If mine gets bumped back I will cancel for sure. Take my chances in the store at a random time, has worked for me in the past.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
No way it would reduce the number of chats and calls. LOTS of people would still find their reasons to spaz out.

HA! I supposed that is true... but maybe it would make the process a little less tedious? I mean right now the reps are just getting the same question over and over, if people had to be creative we could keep them on their toes!

Stormchaser641

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Florida
I've kind of resigned to the fact that I'll probably not have it until next week. I'm prepared when it comes, got the case, a holster, and my car dock, just missing one thing.

I ordered 9/9 and after not being able to get to the order screen until 3:15am I received my confirmation email at 3:24 for the Matte Black 7+ 256GB. Status of processing has been there the whole time with a ship date of 9/23. First time I preordered at launch time and not gotten the prelaunch date. Has anybody heard of any shipping notifications for the 256gb?
You're not alone! We may have to wait until next week to get ours

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

Rathakoy86

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
I feel sorry for all the people not getting it on launch day.. I ordered at 12:38am 9/9 and I even had my card decline yesterday lol. I didn't even get to pay for it until this morning and I'm still getting my 7 plus matte black 128gb tomorrow lol

Reactions: 16Paws

tml614

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Yeah, I just noticed mine dual order went from 9/28 to 9/30 now, too. Here I was hoping maybe they'd get sent sooner by change.

Yup, dual order here too and mine changed to 9/30 this afternoon as well. At least we have a solid date, until it changes again. :(

tml614

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
A few people on the ATT side just posted shipment notifications, not sure what that means for us.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I'm wondering if there was not a Note 7 Recall which has created fear mongering how the iPhone 7 pre-orders would have actually been. I would bet money that while there would have been delays that pretty much more tracking numbers would have gone out.

It could also have an effect on the iP7 as far as if the Note's come back into stock Monday which i hear they are slated to. Wondering if there will be a lot of cancellations of Pre-Orders. That coupled with Apple not wanting to release the usual info they do tells me something is odd.

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
Ordered 7 JB 128GB at 2:07am eastern (53 min before official orders started). All week I was told it would ship soon as I had a 9/16 deliver by date and 9/16 ship date. This morning they said it would ship tomorrow and deliver Monday. A few hours ago all the dates disappeared from my order and then I got this email. I don't think they have any idea and I don't think they have barely any JB supply.
That message would break my heart but at least you now have piece of mind and can quit wondering what if.

jayers33

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Does anybody know if our delivery dates are so long (10/5 for me even though I ordered at 3:15am) because we ordered from Verizon or is it everybody, including those who ordered through Apple? Just curious if it's a Verizon issue.

JB128-3:15am-del.10/5, my new identity until I get my phone!

Reactions: Krissy_21

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Does anybody know if our delivery dates are so long (10/5 for me even though I ordered at 3:15am) because we ordered from Verizon or is it everybody, including those who ordered through Apple? Just curious if it's a Verizon issue.

JB128-3:15am-del.10/5, my new identity until I get my phone!

I have the same date on my order also. What model did you get?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.