Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elkaboing

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Chicago
Just received payment confirmation email from Verizon and checked my bank account; charged at 7:37pm Central. preorder.verizonwireless.com is showing that it was sent to the warehouse with an expected ship date of 9/15. Courier and tracking number fields are blank. Here are my details:

Matte Black
128gb
Ordered instore (Chicago) 9/9 10:30am Central

Original Confirmation Email from 9/9:
Order Location: M146501
Order Date: 09/09/2016
Deliver By: 09/23/2016

Attachments

• vzw.jpg
    vzw.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 181

isteal

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
USA
Ive got a 128 JB 7+ and 128 Matte 7, that still show a ship date of 9/23. Praying that date holds. Order Location N215401. Got the order confirmation at 3:22 EST on 9/9

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Just received payment confirmation email from Verizon and checked my bank account; charged at 7:37pm Central. preorder.verizonwireless.com is showing that it was sent to the warehouse with an expected ship date of 9/15. Courier and tracking number fields are blank. Here are my details:

Matte Black
128gb
Ordered instore (Chicago) 9/9 10:30am Central

Original Confirmation Email from 9/9:
Order Location: M146501
Order Date: 09/09/2016
Deliver By: 09/23/2016

Congrats but this is such crap. I'm done. I ordered the same phone at 2:14am central and no progress.

Oh well.

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Ok. I know I'm not getting any of my phones. I just called Verizon and now they say the email says 10/26 when they said 9/26 before ( I never got the email). She says the 7+ JB is holding the 7+ RG and won't ship until they are both available. Judging for the dates and lack of activity/charge, etc it seems to be true. I just hope that next time I have the choice of preordering through the Apple Store App like I have done before. This preorder through Verizon has been a disaster. Congrats to those that are getting their phones tomorrow and good luck to the rest of us.

Reactions: ksujoel

TheOtherFuel

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Just had my acct charged for a 128 7+ Gold, ordered @ 3:20am EST 9/9, never recieved email confirmation and haven't been able to check status anywhere, original ship date of 9/28. Ordered same phone via Best Buy and despite a ship date of 9/16 when ordered, just got an email saying it won't make it until 10/5 (although with a 100$ gift card for the trouble). Both were for the wife hoping at least one would come through to replace the 5 that randomly texts gibberish to her contacts. I was going to go for a + 256 MB once the dust settled (and had a chance to look at a V20), but too Dutch and will probably match the gold with the missus

Reactions: BrittaniFun

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I am thinking it is the 7 Gold (the 2nd phone I ordered). I think they really are waiting for both. Oh well. Congrats to those who go it!

tml614

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
My hypothesis, whether educated or not; I think they pushed back the multiple phone orders to make way for the single phone orders this afternoon, to try and get as many phones out on launch as possible. My date, along with everyone else that I've seen, got pushed back 2 days on a multiple order. It seems easier to grab a single phone than to try and match in the warehouse when specifics will be in the same place together. If this is true, I've learned my lesson. On the next preorder I do, I'm going like everyone says and doing separate orders for the fam.

AppleJuice15

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Just checked the pre-order website, as well as MyVerizon, and it still says my order is processing.

I just got this text:
"Free VZW Msg: Your order #______ was received on 09/15/2016. You'll receive a text message with tracking information when your order ships."

What does this mean for me? Should I still go wait in line tomorrow morning at the Verizon store? I have no charge activity on my card.

Ordered at 11AM EST, 128 7+ 128GB, Gold. Original ship date 9/28.

Edit: Pending charge for my iPhone has just posted to my CC.

TheOtherFuel

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I
Just had my acct charged for a 128 7+ Gold, ordered @ 3:20am EST 9/9, never recieved email confirmation and haven't been able to check status anywhere, original ship date of 9/28. Ordered same phone via Best Buy and despite a ship date of 9/16 when ordered, just got an email saying it won't make it until 10/5 (although with a 100$ gift card for the trouble). Both were for the wife hoping at least one would come through to replace the 5 that randomly texts gibberish to her contacts. I was going to go for a + 256 MB once the dust settled (and had a chance to look at a V20), but too Dutch and will probably match the gold with the missus
in MI fwiw

rsday75

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Sigh. My date just slipped from 09/28 to 09/30. I had ordered at 12:15, and had a 09/23 date. They messed up my trade in, and made me cancel and reorder to fix.....which put me at the back of the line for my 128GB Matte Black +

AppleJuice15

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I had the same exact details as you, I made an in store purchase on 9/9 (+ Gold 128GB) at around noon. Ship date has always been 9/28, but now I login and the ship date went away.. I'm guessing this could be a good thing! :: Praying hands::

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
I just don't understand Apple logic on making a flashy new color showcasing the F out of it and clearly not make enough units for launch day when they were suppose to be amping up production by 10% this year!

Both Sprint and T-Mobile said they received almost 4x the number of pre-orders than they did with the 6. If that is an across the board trend, Apple may just not have expected this level of demand.

Reactions: Hemifam

isteal

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
USA
I just don't understand Apple logic on making a flashy new color showcasing the F out of it and clearly not make enough units for launch day when they were suppose to be amping up production by 10% this year!
I think they do it on purpose to keep people talking about it. "Everyone is talking about this new phone that is super-exclusive cause you can't get it anywhere"... I don't like it, but seems like they do this with every new color. It was the same way when gold first came out on iPhone...

Reactions: Hemifam

jddocea

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Some wording changes on the order status page.
Instead of saying ship by it says deliver by (I think we all kinda assumed that anyway)

bradgreene1

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
My hypothesis, whether educated or not; I think they pushed back the multiple phone orders to make way for the single phone orders this afternoon, to try and get as many phones out on launch as possible. My date, along with everyone else that I've seen, got pushed back 2 days on a multiple order. It seems easier to grab a single phone then to try and match in the warehouse when specifics will be in the same place together. If this is true, I've learned my lesson. On the next preorder I do, I'm going like everyone says and doing separate orders for the fam.

To add to your theory: My multiple order date was pushed back earlier today as well even though I have a confirmation e-mail from 2:18AM CST. Granted, one of those phones is a 128 JB +. I'm not overly eager to get mine on launch day since my 6s works just fine but I may swing by a Verizon store in the morning tomorrow just to check anyways...if they don't have one, oh well.

nlupient

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2014
Is the Verizon Check Order Status supposed to show a delivery date?

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    849.9 KB · Views: 229
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.