Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Me. 3:14est got email.
[doublepost=1474065840][/doublepost]I have been abusing Verizon support on Twitter all day with promises that they will look into it but no action taken. I wish someone would get a letter together that we could all print out sign and send to the CEO Of Verizon and Apple!
What time did you order and what was your original deliver by date?

tlh003

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
I'm still waiting.... I see nothing in the forums about these models.
same i want my phone i ordered the same one. I called today and the cs rep said that most of them will be shipping at the end of the month aka sept 28 which was the original ship date. maybe they will come early but i think that ship sailed

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
annoyed with the fact that the order date slipped on the check status I called into ask what is going on. VZW claims that they are pushing out orders now and according to the two people I spoke with the new date when clicking the check order status from the email is the new date. Ridiculous. oh well.

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
same i want my phone i ordered the same one. I called today and the cs rep said that most of them will be shipping at the end of the month aka sept 28 which was the original ship date. maybe they will come early but i think that ship sailed
Why must you tell me this! Lol

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Well... No phone today for me.

Despite getting a shipping confirmation with tracking info (UPSGROUND1), the information was never updated on the UPS site.

Oh well, maybe it will be here on Monday or Tuesday.

tlh003

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Just picked up my iPhone 7+ from FedEx. I missed the delivery truck at my house, but luckily they had it ready for me to pick up!
128gb matte black. My mom also got her 32gb matte black 7+

Ordered through Verizon
what day and time did your mom order?

ratigator

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Michigan, USA
Horror? Hold on let me grab some popcorn.....ok, go!
I walked into the local Best Buy this morning and they had stacks of iPhone 7s available and no line, so I called Verizon to cancel the order I placed for my daughter's 32gb Silver 7 which was due to ship on Sept 28. He said it would take 10 minutes to update in the system. I should have predicted this, but even though Verizon's system now shows the line being available to upgrade, Best Buy's system still thinks there's a pending order. Who knows how long it will take to clear. I will check tomorrow, but in the meantime, their stock is diminishing. Hoping to give it another shot tomorrow, but as of right now, we're back to square one.

Side note: my jet black 128gb Plus preorder from 9/9 at 12:39am is still showing 10/26.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
who knows how true this is, but I was just told that emails will go out from Verizon soon that orders will be delayed on 128 7+ MB a week. Not to ruin anyone's day, but thats what I have been told.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
I was able to FINALLY get some answers about the "Jump the Line" request from a supervisor in the Core/Credit department that handles them. She told me that there were around 40 people that ordered 7+ Jet Black 128GB models that got bumped from 9/16 to 9/23 which is the next date. She confirmed that I was put back to my original date of 10/5 (currently it's 11/16) but it won't reflect online because the system isn't set up to do that.

She sent me an email from her personal work email address to follow up with her. So, there's hope! At least now I finally have some answers after getting no help from customer care reps and even Executive Relations. She confirmed the "JTL" request was approved and processed.

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Has anyone who ordered early morning on the 9th not received any shipping information. All I got was the initial confirmation email and trade in materials that shipped the day after my order.
128gb Black iP7+
Same situation but ordered JB

Joe Coolest

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Well... No phone today for me.

Despite getting a shipping confirmation with tracking info (UPSGROUND1), the information was never updated on the UPS site.

Oh well, maybe it will be here on Monday or Tuesday.

Same here! Meanwhile my friend returned his Note 7 today and picked up a 128gb 7 Plus Matte Black at Target by just walking in. Unbelievable!

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Of course! As long as your parents have a phone that has a nano SIM, then yes. That's the beauty of it now.

thanks susan!

i tried to put my old sim in the new phone turn it on and it couldn't activate because of a problem with the activation server. does it have to activate when I put the old sim in?

-- edit. it worked the third time :)

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
thanks susan!

i tried to put my old sim in the new phone turn it on and it couldn't activate because of a problem with the activation server. does it have to activate when I put the old sim in?

Yes, it'll have to activate, but because Verizon's server is overloaded, keep trying. Also, try plugged the phone into iTunes and see if you can activate it that way.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Got one of my two activated. Now iTunes update issues lol. Combo so SLOW DSL and prob millions updating iTunes to restore from backup
[doublepost=1474070392][/doublepost]Got one of my two activated. Now iTunes update issues lol. Combo so SLOW DSL and prob millions updating iTunes to restore from backup

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Yes, it'll have to activate, but because Verizon's server is overloaded, keep trying. Also, try plugged the phone into iTunes and see if you can activate it that way.

thanks susan. it did work the 3rd time. I was partially freaking out that I switched the sim cards and put the original one back in so that's why it was having problems activating, but it was the right one and it worked the last time.

thanks again.

TitanicManDC

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
Cancelled my order and went to corporate store. Walked out with 128 gig Matte Black 7. They said they are out of pluses but totally full of regulars. Try the stores if desperate.

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Bummed I didn't get my phone today

Was hoping my date of 9/23 would get bumped up but no luck. Guess it's another week of waiting :(

Phone on processing still as I'm said many times ITT lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.