Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Can I do this if I'm swapping SIM cards?

I'd like to swap my SIM card into the iP7 when it comes, but later this weekend when I see my parents, I want to swap their SIM card into my old iP6+. Will that work?

Of course! As long as your parents have a phone that has a nano SIM, then yes. That's the beauty of it now.

jcoop269

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Can I do this if I'm swapping SIM cards?

I'd like to swap my SIM card into the iP7 when it comes, but later this weekend when I see my parents, I want to swap their SIM card into my old iP6+. Will that work?
It most certainly will. The phone will immediately work and register on your account.
[doublepost=1474061931][/doublepost]
Just talked to Fedex and apparently my iphone never left memphis even thought it is scheduled for today by 8 pm. Fedex lets me down again. This is for the 7 32gb MB.
"32gb MB" huh, how's that work? lol.

jmasse8

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Connecticut
I pre ordered at 3:15AM eastern on launch day. 128GB matte black plus. As of today the order still said processing. I went to 3 Verizon stores, target, and Walmart and they all said that I wouldn't find them anywhere. I checked Best Buy mobile and guess what, they had one. So I just cancelled my pre order and got my 7+ today. Smh Verizon, I'll just go to Best Buy from now on.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
I pre ordered at 3:15AM eastern on launch day. 128GB matte black plus. As of today the order still said processing. I went to 3 Verizon stores, target, and Walmart and they all said that I wouldn't find them anywhere. I checked Best Buy mobile and guess what, they had one. So I just cancelled my pre order and got my 7+ today. Smh Verizon, I'll just go to Best Buy from now on.

wow thats awesome

what time did you go in?

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
I got my six plus at Best Buy the same way. I don't think it was luanch day but soon after. Verizon is giving me a lot of money for my phone- like 600 and something so I'll wait. What is Best Buy offering?

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
I got my six plus at Best Buy the same way. I don't think it was luanch day but soon after. Verizon is giving me a lot of money for my phone- like 600 and something so I'll wait. What is Best Buy offering?
I check Best Buy's all around my area and literally none have any plus :(

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA

jcoop269

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Kept seeing posts that some were able to order before designated time on the app, the VZW site kept redirecting me to a link to put in my email to be notified when the phone becomes available, finally got in about 2:10am but ship dates had already slipped to 9/23. Not happy with Verizon either, their website is wonky and not easy to navigate at times. Hoping my ship date moves to 9/16. If not, then it'll be here when it gets here.
I know it's a week later but the EXACT same thing happened to me. Redirected to that stupid login screen until about 3:10AM when I suddenly wasn't and it was already at 09/23. I got my tracking today so looks like itll be a little earlier than 09/23 at least.

fieldzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
MA, USA
damn that was fast, now it says shipping 3-4 weeks for the 128gb matte black. keep us updated on if yours gets shipped on time/delivered on time because i spoke to a rep and she said it takes a while for the site to update!
It shipped! haha, i'll still keep my JB preorder though

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
So glad to not have to use the old pink 5c. It's been driving me crazy this past week. First time I've used a plus - it's pretty big but not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyways, had a little trouble activating, but so far so good. Can't wait to try out the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 151

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I know it's a week later but the EXACT same thing happened to me. Redirected to that stupid login screen until about 3:10AM when I suddenly wasn't and it was already at 09/23. I got my tracking today so looks like itll be a little earlier than 09/23 at least.
Mine ended up delivering today. I bet you get yours early next week...

Reactions: jcoop269

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Well, I got mine today at around 1pm and the first thing I did was drop it! Upps. It's none worse for the wear, but I haven't been able to use it because apparently activating it is no holiday right now. Everyone must be getting their new iPhones and trying to activate right now. I've been trying on and off for a couple of hours and have only gotten as far as the Social Security number entry part.

Anyway, not long after opening the box, I realized I had better order a case for this thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.