Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
My friend was having trouble activating his too, we stepped into a vzw store in Orange County and the reps couldn't get it activated either. After giving up we walked out and the activation just worked all of a sudden in the car.

Reactions: TYxBVSEDSEAN

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Just got my black 7 128gb from UPS! Anyone else having issues with Verizon's activation? Tried to call to activate and it says "request cannot be processed at this time."

Yes. Myself and another poster mentioned it. Rather than calling, try logging into Verizon and selecting "activate device" and it will have a button/link to activate the phone you ordered, without putting in the IMEI or anything. Do that first and then try activating from your phone or iTunes. It took me almost an hour but it finally went through. Then it took several tries to download the software update...and forever to initialize my app downloads...but it's getting there. Almost done now.

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I pre-ordered 3 7+ Models from Verizon and I'm yet to receive any information on any of them except for my confirmation email which arrived At 3:14edt on 9/9.
[doublepost=1474059017][/doublepost]Hey guys the reason the activation servers are down is because of the sheer number of activations going on today, it was released in a ton of countries and every hour or so people in a new country all start to activate their phones at the same time. Before you guys berate me I do realize the following -
•they servers in other countries probably have nothing to do with servers here
•They should have prepared for it

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
Yes. Myself and another poster mentioned it. Rather than calling, try logging into Verizon and selecting "activate device" and it will have a button/link to activate the phone you ordered, without putting in the IMEI or anything. Do that first and then try activating from your phone or iTunes. It took me almost an hour but it finally went through. Then it took several tries to download the software update...and forever to initialize my app downloads...but it's getting there. Almost done now.

Got it working! Tried the number and online system and both weren't working but then just called VZW customer service directly. The system had an automated option that allowed me to get through directly to a customer service rep because of my failed activation attempt. She just had me read off the IMEI and other information and now am good to go.

andrewr2123

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
Just picked up my iPhone 7+ from FedEx. I missed the delivery truck at my house, but luckily they had it ready for me to pick up!
128gb matte black. My mom also got her 32gb matte black 7+

Ordered through Verizon

Attachments

• IMG_8055.JPG
    IMG_8055.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 155

mkendrick

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Just picked up my iPhone 7+ from FedEx. I missed the delivery truck at my house, but luckily they had it ready for me to pick up!
128gb matte black. My mom also got her 32gb matte black 7+

Ordered through Verizon
did you call them to find out where it was?

jcoop269

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Not me. I got 2 7+ JB and confirmation email was received at 2:25 CST with a 9/28 delivery. I was really hoping I was going to get it on launch. :(
My delivery date or ship date as VZW usually puts it, was set for 09/23 - 256 MATTE BLACK PLUS - and my card was charged today and tracking came up today....pleased with the week early situation.
[doublepost=1474060152][/doublepost]
I am from AT&T thread, wondering if any confirmations of 256 + both black models for shipment here?
I got my tracking today and was charged for 256GB MATTE BLACK PLUS.

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
My local VZW store has a bunch in stock. Looks like I'm going to cancel my 128 JB and get the 128 MB :/ Lame, but I'm not in love that much to wait 2-3 weeks more.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
My delivery date or ship date as VZW usually puts it, was set for 09/23 - 256 MATTE BLACK PLUS - and my card was charged today and tracking came up today....pleased with the week early situation.
[doublepost=1474060152][/doublepost]
I got my tracking today and was charged for 256GB MATTE BLACK PLUS.

I was charged yesterday evening, didnt get my shipping confirmation until this morning and the tracking numbers still don't work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jcoop269

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Got it working! Tried the number and online system and both weren't working but then just called VZW customer service directly. The system had an automated option that allowed me to get through directly to a customer service rep because of my failed activation attempt. She just had me read off the IMEI and other information and now am good to go.
Why is no one just switching SIMS?! That is all you need to do and you're phone will be good to go....don't mess with activating a new SIM if you don't have to.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Why is no one just switching SIMS?! That is all you need to do and you're phone will be good to go....don't mess with activating a new SIM if you don't have to.

THIS!! I got so excited to get my phone at first that I totally forgot about the SIM, lol. Once I swapped them everything was so easy. I just kept the new SIM in the iPhone box just in case if I ever needed a new SIM in the future that one will be ready to go.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH

That's what I used to do but when I did it going from the SE to the 6S it somehow prevented me from making/receiving phone calls, so I didn't even try this time.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
THIS!! I got so excited to get my phone at first that I totally forgot about the SIM, lol. Once I swapped them everything was so easy. I just kept the new SIM in the iPhone box just in case if I ever needed a new SIM in the future that one will be ready to go.

Can I do this if I'm swapping SIM cards?

I'd like to swap my SIM card into the iP7 when it comes, but later this weekend when I see my parents, I want to swap their SIM card into my old iP6+. Will that work?

mkendrick

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Just talked to Fedex and apparently my iphone never left memphis even thought it is scheduled for today by 8 pm. Fedex lets me down again. This is for the 7 32gb MB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.