Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Got a strange text about my account (a new device agreement that is not related to my upgrades) so chatted with VZW. Decided to take the opportunity to ask about my order the rep claimed that all 128 MB 7+ are backordered... they either are lying or don't care. Oh well.

I only post this to keep an eye on your Documents and Receipts. I have a new VZW Edge agreement that should not be there. I was told that there are no signed of fraud on my account, yet what is that document?
[doublepost=1474052882][/doublepost]
Hi everyone! I ordered a 7 128gb Black and was charged last night! Received shipping info this morning through Verizon and coming by UPS but nothing is available through them! Just out or curiosity, if I were to go to Verizon and they had the phone in stock would they be able to cancel the order or am I too for along in the process?

Too far along in the process. use the link on the first page of the forum, if you can still hit cancel (Don't do it unless you have one in your hands) then you are should be able to cancel in store if they have what you want. But likely since they charged you, you cannot cancel the "pre-order"

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
They are shipping them in one box. So the slowest phone is causing the issue. Since they cannot get to you the JB the rose gold holds it up.

I would have never though this was the case, but apparently it is better to order the phones separately and avoid the issue. Next time...
That is not correct for preorders. I ordered 128 +JB and 128 +MB on same order. The +128MB is scheduled for arrival today with tracking info and the +128JB still has no movement.

Reactions: Epic Xbox Revie

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
That is not correct for preorders. I ordered 128 +JB and 128 +MB on same order. The +128MB is scheduled for arrival today with tracking info and the +128JB still has no movement.

Don't get me wrong. I believe you, but then why in the world would the 7 128 Gold not ship if supposedly the 7+ 128 MB is the "back ordered phone". All I can say is I don't think VZW has any clue what is going on, but they aren't really handling it well in my opinion. I mean I ordered at 2:14am central... you would think at least one would have shipped...

TIME REDUX

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I ordered two 128GB models on 9/9 just after midnight; one in Rose Gold and one in Matte Black. My order showed a 9/23 delivery. Two days ago my account showed the RG phone had shipped, but the MB phone was still processing...check back later. FedEx just arrived and lo and behold BOTH phones were in the box. I ordered them at the same time on the same order. I'm happy Verizon got them to me on launch day a week ahead of the promised date.

Reactions: CarlissaRN

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Don't get me wrong. I believe you, but then why in the world would the 7 128 Gold not ship if supposedly the 7+ 128 MB is the "back ordered phone". All I can say is I don't think VZW has any clue what is going on, but they aren't really handling it well in my opinion. I mean I ordered at 2:14am central... you would think at least one would have shipped...

The only thing that seems back ordered is the 7+ 32GB. Have seen nine people get movement on theirs. Nine. Nine people. Did i mention NINE FUC**** people??

RajaHood

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2015

I wish I could believe you, but I ordered (2) 7 MB 128GB phones that showed expected delivery of 9/16 and a 7+ MB 128GB that showed 9/23, and I have yet to see anything other than order processing with a 9/23 date on the whole thing. Of course the Verizon rep just says that all they see is a scheduled ship date of the 23rd, and when I asked why I didn't get the 7s today like the order page showed they just reiterated "your order shows the 23rd".

So next year I will make each order separate AND screenshot it to prove their stated delivery date. Until then, no launch day iPhone for me, but hopefully it moves soon and I get them early next week.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
I just got off chat, I ordered the 128, jet black but the 256 will be shipped oct 5, wth, but it's $100 difference in price, guess I'm stuck till 11/23

elkaboing

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Chicago
Problem is finding out what reference Verizon used

***EDIT*** - Just saw this was a UPS shipment as well...

Someone posted this many, many pages ago and I copied it down. A couple people responded saying it worked for them. Mine shipped through UPS so I can't confirm, but you can give this a try:

"Hey guys, don't know if someone already mentioned this, but we have more tracking info from Fedex as of this morning.

Someone had asked about the reference, and mine is this:

1456901_00XXXXXXX

The first is the order location, and the following numbers is the order number, with the 00s in front.

Hope this helps some of you track by reference via FedEx!"

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
i am thinking that it might not be here today

Scheduled for the 20th
And unless FedEx tracking is really screwed up I doubt it will make it

First time I have done a preorder and it NOT been here on launch day :(
same here...i guess we wait til tuesday...i wish it could be tomorrow but i can wait a few more days...imma have to. lol

wescro80

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Do they sell out really fast? I'm setting an alarm but wondering what my chances are of actually getting to pre-order one
Ordered a 7+ 256GB Jet Black last Friday, literally just check the status on my order, "Ship date, November" Da ***?!

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
My matte 7 came an hour ago and I can't get it activated :mad: Both on the phone and iTunes I'm getting an error that the activation server can't be reached. On terminal hold with Apple, it seems...:rolleyes:

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Well my phone finally shows on on ups, in Memphis, TN with no delivery date listed. It will be a long weekend for sure but it beats the 9-28 date I was quoted. 7plus 128gb gold.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
What do you guys think is going to happen in this situation. I'm not even going to bother asking customer service yet because they'll probably mess up my order. So my 256 MB 7+ says 9/23. My two 32 gb MB 7+ say 10/5. I didn't know about the trade in program when i ordered one of the 7+ 32gb so i just paid it in full retail price. The 256 and other 32gb I was able to do trade in I believe but it doesn't say trade in anywhere on my receipt it just says monthly installments. I have 3 phones i can trade in all for $650 credit each so i should take advantage of it. But by no means will i cancel one of my orders just to get a credit. Think i can fix all this AFTER i get my phones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.