Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
My matte 7 came an hour ago and I can't get it activated :mad: Both on the phone and iTunes I'm getting an error that the activation server can't be reached. On terminal hold with Apple, it seems...:rolleyes:
Got my 32GB iPhone 7 an hour ago and finally had some time to open it. Can't activate either. Activation server unreachable.

edit: Just as I posted, it finally went through!

Reactions: jenjen80

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
What do you guys think is going to happen in this situation. I'm not even going to bother asking customer service yet because they'll probably mess up my order. So my 256 MB 7+ says 9/23. My two 32 gb MB 7+ say 10/5. I didn't know about the trade in program when i ordered one of the 7+ 32gb so i just paid it in full retail price. The 256 and other 32gb I was able to do trade in I believe but it doesn't say trade in anywhere on my receipt it just says monthly installments. I have 3 phones i can trade in all for $650 credit each so i should take advantage of it. But by no means will i cancel one of my orders just to get a credit. Think i can fix all this AFTER i get my phones?

You should be able to handle this AFTER you get your new phones (someone else posted it earlier in the thread) and I believe I saw it on VZW's site.

Reactions: Mrlal8

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Got my 32GB iPhone 7 an hour ago and finally had some time to open it. Can't activate either. Activation server unreachable.

edit: Just as I posted, it finally went through!

Ha! Of course when I was on the phone to tech support mine did too, after over an hour of trying. I got a sarcastic "well it could be because you and 10,000 other people are trying to activate new phones today" comment from the agent. No $#!T Sherlock, maybe Apple could've prepared for that?!

Alyssainez

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Ordered MB 128gb 7 @ 1:33 pst on 09/09 with an original delivery date 9/23.
Card was charged last night around 8 pm.
Finally received tracking # this morning @ 8:41 am. Expected delivery by FedEx is Tuesday 9/20 by 8 pm.

Last edited:

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Left was taken with my iPhone 6+.....right taken with my 7+, just thought y'all would like to know the camera is 100% worth the wait!

Attachments

• IMG_2099.JPG
    IMG_2099.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 377

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
arghhh are the 128gb matte black 7+ back ordered now or something? still see NO movement or charge or anything for my order...still has a delivery/ship date of 9/23. what could be going on?!

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
Just got my black 7 128gb from UPS! Anyone else having issues with Verizon's activation? Tried to call to activate and it says "request cannot be processed at this time."

traygotti

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2015
Hey guys - just wanted to chime in as this is my 3rd time doing the great iPhone preorder with Verizon.

Pre-ordered the 6, 6s+ and now the 7+.

And each time I ended up having to wait 3-4 weeks. At this point, My expectation during pre-orders are pretty low. Didn't wake up at 3am est like everyone else, I actually forgot and didn't order until 9am... And even then I left the screen to go do something, came back, completed the order and immediately got an email confirming it (2 MB 128g 7+). Depending on which link I use, my ship date is 9/23 or 9/28 - praying the 9/23 date is the right one.

From what I remember last year, many of us went through this same mess. Sucks, but unfortunately it's nothing new :-(

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
Had a co-worker order an iPhone 7+ 256GB Matte Black today at 2:00pm Central time and reserved to pick it up at the Apple store in Memphis tonight. I told him he better call and make sure that they actually had one there before driving 2 hours to be disappointed. He called and they verified that they have the phone there waiting for him. Told him to stop and get a lottery ticket on the way.

Thought about canceling my order and trying to do the same but I still have a feeling he will get down there and they will not have it. Kind of stings that I was up all night to preorder on the 9th and I will not be getting my phone until next week at best. He orders on launch day and can go pick it up the same night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.