Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Being stuck in "processing" limbo gives the impression that dates might change for the worse...

The local Sam's Club said they could get me one this week, but you have to go through Verizon to get the 650 trade-in deal.

Last edited:

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Went to preorder as soon as it was available on Verizon's site, but it told me it was going to change everyone's plan (I have unlimited data and was upgrading a tiered data line). I freaked out so I called in and ordered over the phone.

By the time I got through, the 128 GB iPhone 7+ Jet Black that I wanted went from 9/28 to 11/9. The 128 GB 7+ Matte Black was 9/28 but the 256 GB 7+ Jet Black was 10/05 so I decided the extra week was worth the wait for the color I really wanted.

I really don't want to be spending $100 for storage I'm not going to use, though, but if it saves me two months of waiting then it's worth it. If the 128 GB becomes available within 30 days of me getting the 256 GB, the rep on the phone said I could swap it out.

But now that I have to wait, I'm debating on whether or not Jet Black was a good idea. I read the disclaimer about the scratches and thought I was fine because I always keep my phones in a case, but that video where it got a scratch from someone wiping it on his t-shirt is freaking me out. I like to sell my phone every year so I want to keep it pristine, and if it scratches from a t-shirt, that means it'll scratch from the little dust and debris pieces that get trapped in between the phone and the case.

The scratches won't matter if I trade it in to a site like Gazelle, and last year when they offered me $401 for my iPhone 6 64Gb Silver, it was worth the hassle-free trade in. But this year, they offered me only $281 for my 6s with the same specs, so it looks like trade in values are going way down and I have to start selling to an actual person. If I can't get at least 50% of what the phone's price was the year before, I might as well keep it as a secondary/backup phone. I might consider keeping my 6s and using the 7+ at home and in the office, but the 6s for when I'm at the beach, going hiking, or in any situation I might want a smaller phone that I'm not as worried about breaking.

(Yes I know about the $650 credit from Verizon but I'd rather buy the phone outright than do device payments, and while for $650 in credit I'd consider it, I can't do it anyway because I'm on a business account).

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
b87c540900656f70c59883d6698abbac.jpg

So, my local Apple Store has 128 and 256 variants of the Plus in Black.

Anyone know the pluses or minuses of this vs the Verizon DPP? I was able to use the Matte Black version yesterday and while I like the finish of the Jet Black more, I don't think I can not put it in a case. So it'll be covered up anyway.

Would I have to sell my 6S+ on my own and then just pay Verizon off? Or do I trade this in to Apple?

Also, since the IUP includes AppleCare+, I would be able to cancel insurance through Verizon. The only thing AppleCare+ doesn't cover is theft or loss.
I paid my 6s+ off with Verizon. I am going to turn around and sell it on Swappa.com to recoup the money as they are selling for around $500 in mint condition right now. I'm not doing the Verizon $650 trade in as I plan on getting the newes phone in a years time. You will lose out on $325 in credits if you only keep e 7+ for a year.

Reactions: Maryinsouthie

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I was able to use the Matte Black version yesterday and while I like the finish of the Jet Black more, I don't think I can not put it in a case. So it'll be covered up anyway.
Definitely get the one you like more! You will be owning it for at least a year. I always put cases on mine but that's why I get clear cases. You can protect the phone but still enjoy its beauty. :)
[doublepost=1474208374][/doublepost]
I paid my 6s+ off with Verizon. I am going to turn around and sell it on Swappa.com to recoup the money as they are selling for around $500 in mint condition right now. I'm not doing the Verizon $650 trade in as I plan on getting the newes phone in a years time. You will lose out on $325 in credits if you only keep e 7+ for a year.
Even if you buy the next iPhone full price from Apple? Is it Verizon just won't give you the rest of the credit if you upgrade through them next year, or is it they actually look at what phone you're using? I thought it was just them wanting you to keep them as your provider but if you wanna buy another phone for full price I don't see why they should stop giving you credit.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
Definitely get the one you like more! You will be owning it for at least a year. I always put cases on mine but that's why I get clear cases. You can protect the phone but still enjoy its beauty. :)
Even if you buy the next iPhone full price from Apple? Is it Verizon just won't give you the rest of the credit if you upgrade through them next year, or is it they actually look at what phone you're using? I thought it was just them wanting you to keep them as your provider but if you wanna buy another phone for full price I don't see why they should stop giving you credit.

I tend to agree. But, I went into the Apple Store yesterday and played with both the JB and MB. Both are beautiful. The JB gains the edge on being a prettier device. But the front is the exact same. I don't usually stare at the back of my phone. Haha

Currently I have a silver 6S+ and went from a space grey 6+ before that. I miss the black phone. Lol

Joe Coolest

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Went to preorder as soon as it was available on Verizon's site, but it told me it was going to change everyone's plan (I have unlimited data and was upgrading a tiered data line). I freaked out so I called in and ordered over the phone.

By the time I got through, the 128 GB iPhone 7+ Jet Black that I wanted went from 9/28 to 11/9. The 128 GB 7+ Matte Black was 9/28 but the 256 GB 7+ Jet Black was 10/05 so I decided the extra week was worth the wait for the color I really wanted.

I really don't want to be spending $100 for storage I'm not going to use, though, but if it saves me two months of waiting then it's worth it. If the 128 GB becomes available within 30 days of me getting the 256 GB, the rep on the phone said I could swap it out.

But now that I have to wait, I'm debating on whether or not Jet Black was a good idea. I read the disclaimer about the scratches and thought I was fine because I always keep my phones in a case, but that video where it got a scratch from someone wiping it on his t-shirt is freaking me out. I like to sell my phone every year so I want to keep it pristine, and if it scratches from a t-shirt, that means it'll scratch from the little dust and debris pieces that get trapped in between the phone and the case.

The scratches won't matter if I trade it in to a site like Gazelle, and last year when they offered me $401 for my iPhone 6 64Gb Silver, it was worth the hassle-free trade in. But this year, they offered me only $281 for my 6s with the same specs, so it looks like trade in values are going way down and I have to start selling to an actual person. If I can't get at least 50% of what the phone's price was the year before, I might as well keep it as a secondary/backup phone. I might consider keeping my 6s and using the 7+ at home and in the office, but the 6s for when I'm at the beach, going hiking, or in any situation I might want a smaller phone that I'm not as worried about breaking.

(Yes I know about the $650 credit from Verizon but I'd rather buy the phone outright than do device payments, and while for $650 in credit I'd consider it, I can't do it anyway because I'm on a business account).

Really? I transferred my upgrade from my unlimited data line to a tiered line and upgraded. Same as I do every year. And it let me keep everything the same. Have 4 unlimited lines and 1 tiered line. I just pop old sim in when I get the phone.

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I tend to agree. But, I went into the Apple Store yesterday and played with both the JB and MB. Both are beautiful. The JB gains the edge on being a prettier device. But the front is the exact same. I don't usually stare at the back of my phone. Haha

Currently I have a silver 6S+ and went from a space grey 6+ before that. I miss the black phone. Lol
I had a black 4s and 5 and then silver 6 and 6s. Now going back to black with the 7+ jet black and I'm excited! But I usually do see the back of my phone as I always put it face down on the table. The silver is really nice and I do miss getting them on launch day, but I can't wait for my shiny jet black to arrive. Although I'm terrified of ruining it haha
[doublepost=1474209757][/doublepost]
Really? I transferred my upgrade from my unlimited data line to a tiered line and upgraded. Same as I do every year. And it let me keep everything the same. Have 4 unlimited lines and 1 tiered line. I just pop old sim in when I get the phone.
I believe even if I went ok I'll change the plan, as long as I don't turn on the phone with the shipped SIM card, nothing will change. Still, it was 3 AM, and my dad was nice enough to give me his business account's login info, and I wasn't about to wake him up nor did I want to screw up everyone's plan if for some reason something changes from when I did this two years ago, so I called in just to be sure.

I think it's because we have an old plan. 1400 shared minutes and unlimited texts. Maybe yours was newer? Or maybe it's a business account thing.

bnw410

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
I ordered the iPhone 7 plus 128gb in JB on 9/10 at 9 p.m. Delivery date was 11/23 I couldn't wait that long so I cancelled & ordered the 7 plus 128 gb in gold. Delivery date 10/19. I can live with it.

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I ordered the iPhone 7 plus 128gb in JB on 9/10 at 9 p.m. Delivery date was 11/23 I couldn't wait that long so I cancelled & ordered the 7 plus 128 gb in gold. Delivery date 10/19. I can live with it.
When did you order the gold one ..? Time nd Date

Joe Coolest

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I had a black 4s and 5 and then silver 6 and 6s. Now going back to black with the 7+ jet black and I'm excited! But I usually do see the back of my phone as I always put it face down on the table. The silver is really nice and I do miss getting them on launch day, but I can't wait for my shiny jet black to arrive. Although I'm terrified of ruining it haha
[doublepost=1474209757][/doublepost]
I believe even if I went ok I'll change the plan, as long as I don't turn on the phone with the shipped SIM card, nothing will change. Still, it was 3 AM, and my dad was nice enough to give me his business account's login info, and I wasn't about to wake him up nor did I want to screw up everyone's plan if for some reason something changes from when I did this two years ago, so I called in just to be sure.

I think it's because we have an old plan. 1400 shared minutes and unlimited texts. Maybe yours was newer? Or maybe it's a business account thing.

I have the same exact plan. But not on a business account. Cheers to us still holding on to our unlimited data though!

Newbie67

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
7+ MB 128's are available for in store reservations if you get on the reservation page quick. Store inventories are updated at 0800 daily. I am cancelling my VZW order once its in hand today. (Still waiting for 9/23 --ordered right after store opened 9/9...) Might want to try that route if you're stuck with a long VZW wait...

Reactions: Mrlal8

Maryinsouthie

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Minnesota
If you upgrade next year you lose credits. Only get credits while you are paying off iPhone 7. I confirm d this with Verizon

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
My CC was just (finally) charged!!! I ordered a MB 128+ at 2:45 CST on 09/09. I'm hoping this means I will see a shipment tomorrow or Tuesday.

Reactions: emoe76

Mcnb

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
CC charged here, too. 7 rose gold 128, 7+ matte black 128, ordered through Verizon 9/9 with confirmation at 1:35 MDT. Estimated shipping 9/30 via Verizon site. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: crawfish963

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
CC charged for RG 32GB+ and my account is now showing 9/17 ship date. This was ordered at noon pst on 9/9.

Still no movement on my other combined order of 3 phones,
32GB 7 MB
128GB 7+ JB
128GB 7 JB

This order was placed 15 minutes into 9/9, so pretty sure the 2 jet blacks are holding back the 32GB Matte black

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I have the same exact plan. But not on a business account. Cheers to us still holding on to our unlimited data though!
Yeah, they tried to convince us to switch because we often only use under 2 GB. But I hate having to worry about if I'm on wifi or not. And last month I ended up using like 7 GB. So I'll hold onto unlimited for as long as they let me. The only thing is I'm starting to get too old to stay on my dad's plan lol. No idea what to do when I go solo, not even sure if I should stay with Verizon, although I do enjoy getting service pretty much anywhere I go.

Reactions: Joe Coolest

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
When you transfer your upgrade, doesn't tat tiered line lose its upgrade date as well?

hadleydb

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Henderson, NV
Yay! CC just charged! 7+ 128 MB ordered 9/9 at 12:37 PST. Original ship date 9/23. Also ordered a 7 128 MB for my wife on same order.

Still no shipment info. Delivery date disappeared.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.