Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsramsey

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I haven't seen a post related to pre-orders of this type (if there's something relevant I missed, forgive me and please point me to it): pre-ordered MB 256gb 7 in-store on 9/13. Have confirmation email from VZ with expected "deliver by date" of 9/23. Note that phone will be delivered to the store I ordered it from, not my address.

Has anyone ordered their phone in a similar fashion and seen any change to the status of their order - or better yet - phones that arrived earlier than expected? VZ still shows my order "still being processed", a message that has remained unchanged since I received the original confirmation email. Any advice on possible ways to get updated info or perhaps get my phone sooner than expected?

I am leaving for 2 weeks on the 22nd (obviously, i knew this at the time of my order, but had no other options) so would love to have the phone in-hand before going away for a while. Especially since my current iphone 6 is a total dud and holds ~10min of battery on low power mode with no apps running in the background....

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
THIS!! I got so excited to get my phone at first that I totally forgot about the SIM, lol. Once I swapped them everything was so easy. I just kept the new SIM in the iPhone box just in case if I ever needed a new SIM in the future that one will be ready to go.

My iPhone 6 Plus was messing up so I had to activate an old iPhone 4 until I get my new one. Could I still use the SIM from the 6 plus or would I have to activate it again? Figure if I do then I'll just activate the one that comes with the 7 Plus I'm getting.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
My iPhone 6 Plus was messing up so I had to activate an old iPhone 4 until I get my new one. Could I still use the SIM from the 6 plus or would I have to activate it again? Figure if I do then I'll just activate the one that comes with the 7 Plus I'm getting.

You might have to have verizon re-active your nano SIM from the 6+ if your service is currently on the 4.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
On pre-order morning I submitted an order of a RG 7 128, JB 7 128, and a Gold 7+ 256. All in the same order. Verizon Site finally allowed orders at 3:15am, and I got confirmation at 3:30am. So far my order status is "We received your order and it is in process." No CC charge or any other status changes. My expected by date is 10/5. At this point I am not counting on that at this point. No Apple stores within 3 hours of me.

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
9/9 ordered as soon as preorders started.

128 JB 7+ ordered through Verizon at 12:20 Pacific. 9/23 delivery, from the beginning.

Still processing. No movement. No nothing...at all. Nothing.

I've been patient, but I'm starting to get annoyed. Any kind of progress would be met with applause. I'm tiredof refreshing the page and signing in.....

Any similar phones/ situations with movement?

Reactions: AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

alantasdf

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2016

128 JB 7+ ordered through Verizon at 12:20 Pacific. 9/23 delivery, from the beginning.

I've been patient, but I'm starting to get annoyed. Any kind of progress would be met with applause. I'm tiredof refreshing the page and signing in.....

On the same boat. No movement at all

Reactions: AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
I never paid attention to the old what bones connected to the what bone lol

**hope your foot feels better!

Haha! I wasn't caring about my hurt ankle all I cared about was my phone. I was so mad at myself. I've never broke a phone and go figure I break it the day after I got it. Im just glad they had a replacement in stock. Having Apple Care plus is definitely worth it. Only had to pay $29.99 for a new phone.

txlonghorn15

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016

On the same boat. No movement at all

Same here. I have a 9/28 delivery for a JB 7+ 256.

Reactions: cale508

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I see, I have their new app with a totally redesigned layout so that's probably the issue. Also I'm on Android at the moment so that could be the issue as well

I wasn't aware there was a redesigned app, I downloaded it from the App Store this morning

RatedTye

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Hmm weird I'm in Florida but you could be right. I thought on 2 day it didn't matter.
Maybe right, because mine was mail via FedEX 2 Days on Saturday and it's being delivered Tuesday although it's been at my Fort Lauderdale "Destination Sort Facility" Sunday yesterday afternoon.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Well my phone showed up this morning on ups, was never able to track it but I left a signed note on my door and in my case it worked. I left my garage up up just a bit and told the ups guy to slide it under it. He did and took the note with him to cover himself I guess? Good luck to everyone waiting and we will do it again next year.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Im beyond ticked my self. Ordered right after pre orders opened with a ship date of 9/23 Matte Black 7+ 128GB, nothing personal but these people being able to go into an Apple/Verizon store etc and get lucky to get one SHOULD NOT, the people that preorder after our time also should not, if I decide to get up in the middle of the night like most of you all phones should be delivered to people that pre ordered, once those are filled then the stores should carry stock for those who didnt pre order. Sorry just ticked at this whole pre order non sense.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN

Exact situation frustrated as well.
[doublepost=1474306135][/doublepost]
Im beyond ticked my self. Ordered right after pre orders opened with a ship date of 9/23 Matte Black 7+ 128GB, nothing personal but these people being able to go into an Apple/Verizon store etc and get lucky to get one SHOULD NOT, if I decide to get up in the middle of the night like most of you all phones should be delivered to people that pre ordered, once those are filled then the stores should carry stock for those who didnt pre order. Sorry just ticked at this whole pre order non sense.

Agree 1000%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.