Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenameiserwin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
El Paso
Well, the ship by date has disappeared from my order... is that good or bad? Lol
That happened to me yesterday. I was optimistic for once and then the big ol' fat 10/12 showed back up. After the initial 10/5 date they gave me, this is the only movement I've seen. No stock at the local Apple Store either.

RustyNeedlePM

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
All the Verizon store would do is mail it in for you.. wouldn't be instant credit... I was referring more to the iPhone upgrade program via Verizon where you turn your phone in after 12 months.. they'll accept that in store

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
For those that reserve online using the link and go in store there should be no issue using verizon financing option. From friends that work there I think most store people hate the upgrade program anyway because Citizens is so hard to deal with they would secretly he happy to not have people use that program.

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
That happened to me yesterday. I was optimistic for once and then the big ol' fat 10/12 showed back up. After the initial 10/5 date they gave me, this is the only movement I've seen. No stock at the local Apple Store either.

*plugs ears* LA LA LA LA LA.... I can't hear you....

Reactions: Krissy_21

john91

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Fountain Valley, CA
This happened to me over the weekend as well. Went from 10/5 to 10/12. At this rate, Ill have my phone showing up as deliver by thanksgiving by the end of this month.

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I certainly don't disagree. I ended up reserving though because ultimately I just want the phones. VZW is kind of useless when you call so I think if you can reserve and go in store you should do that. Who knows when they'll finally get around the shipping through VZW. Sometimes I wonder if there is an even an order there since others that ordered later are getting them. The whole thing is very frustrating but this is the issue with so many distribution points and the fact that Apple historically keeps most stock for itself initially. I think this time they had so little it became more obvious that they do that.

RustyNeedlePM

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
All the Verizon store would do is mail it in for you.. wouldn't be instant credit... I was referring more to the iPhone upgrade program via Verizon where you turn your phone in after 12 months.. they'll accept that in store

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
To whoever said "jump the line requests" do not work, you are wrong. Just got off the phone with the same rep who put my request in two days ago. Originally had a ship date of 10/26 just got email conformation that my order shipped yesterday along with a tracking #.

Reactions: CanesDrew

Pris0315

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
To whoever said "jump the line requests" do not work, you are wrong. Just got off the phone with the same rep who put my request in two days ago. Originally had a ship date of 10/26 just got email conformation that my order shipped yesterday along with a tracking #.

For what iPhone?

alantasdf

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2016

Which phone did you order? I don't have any issues locating any regular 7s (excluding Jet Black) in my area, 7 pluses are harder to find.

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
Anyone know if I can do the Verizon payments with Apple when I'm starting a Verizon account and setting up new service?
I did new service on three lines and did device payment plan with Verizon at the apple store.
Going to take my old phones to Verizon store or send them back using the boxes that were sent to me during the preorder. Since I cancelled preorder not sure if the return boxes are tied to that order or not.

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
I ordered the 7+ 128GB Jet Black on 9/9 at 3:15 EST. Long story short Verizon had screwed up my preorder and when I called customer service to have them fix the problem, they said the only thing I could do is reorder and they will put in a request to have me moved to the front but gave me no promises. Reordered the same phone but in black (not jet) and was given a ship date of 10/26. Got the call today confirming my order was approved.

jukeboxaddict

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2014
Word of caution: if you've got unlimited data, Apple doesn't give you the option of keeping it when buying with Verizon DPP. Which is... wrong, since Verizon stores let you keep it. They might not ask you for any plan details if you buy it outright; I'm uncertain on that.

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
Ok, so if I do the online reservation and go into the apple store, I can do VZW upgrade plan, but how do I trade in my phone?
I'm not sure think you can take it to Verizon store. I should be able to use the boxes sent to me when I did the preorder, just worried they will not apply correctly. If you try let me know

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
all these post have begun to run together in my mind... what have others seen happen when the shipping date disappears from their my orders? Mine was 9/23 since I placed my order and now it's gone...

Mpm89

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
How are folks cancelling preorders online? I want to attempt to reserve and pick up at an apple store tomorrow if I don't see any movement on my preorder. Ordered 128 gb MB 7+ on 9/9 with current ship date of 10/5

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm not sure think you can take it to Verizon store. I should be able to use the boxes sent to me when I did the preorder, just worried they will not apply correctly. If you try let me know
Some initiated the trade in online, and others did not. I did not, so I can take it into the store and they will take care of it for me.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
To make this even harder to swallow, MacRumors just posted a cover story saying that Jet Black preorders are shipping earlier than expected. Not mine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.