Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
all these post have begun to run together in my mind... what have others seen happen when the shipping date disappears from their my orders? Mine was 9/23 since I placed my order and now it's gone...

Mine too, was 9/28, now it's not showing. Some people have received a cc charge shortly after this happens, others have had the same or a later date show back up. I'm hoping for good news, but prepared for a longer wait...

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
Im beyond ticked my self. Ordered right after pre orders opened with a ship date of 9/23 Matte Black 7+ 128GB, nothing personal but these people being able to go into an Apple/Verizon store etc and get lucky to get one SHOULD NOT, the people that preorder after our time also should not, if I decide to get up in the middle of the night like most of you all phones should be delivered to people that pre ordered, once those are filled then the stores should carry stock for those who didnt pre order. Sorry just ticked at this whole pre order non sense.
I completely agree with you. I was stuck on 9/28 date and decided to just go to apple store since they had in stock. This is the second time with Verizon this has happened to me. I think it's kind of crap to not ship the ones that are already sold but continue to sell to those that walk-in off the street. I decided to go with If you can't beat them join them. We got 3 7 pluses yesterday afternoon.

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Just wanted to give an update on my order status. I called customer service today to find out exactly what happened to my JB+ 256GB order from 3:11 AM that was pushed back to 11/16 over the weekend. I originally thought it was just a notice of delay in shipment, but they attempted to charge my card and the authorization failed. This was because the card billing address didn't match the billing address on the account. Rather than contact me asking for a different card, they just flat out cancelled the order and automatically placed a new order for the same phone without asking me. My order would have been shipped out this weekend if the card had worked.

I ended up placing a new order for a MB+ that won't get here until late October. I'm incredibly frustrated with Verizon about this whole process. I also ordered a rose gold 256GB + that had to be cancelled for the same reason.

I would be trying to grab a reservation at the Apple Store, but I'm on a business account and I'm trying to get the Verizon trade-in promo.

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
How are folks cancelling preorders online? I want to attempt to reserve and pick up at an apple store tomorrow if I don't see any movement on my preorder. Ordered 128 gb MB 7+ on 9/9 with current ship date of 10/5
I called the 800 number think it's option 5

Ramsjigga

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Finally received tracking number via UPS but the link shows no info....WTF. Anyone else have issues like that?

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
I ordered the 7+ 128GB Jet Black on 9/9 at 3:15 EST. Long story short Verizon had screwed up my preorder and when I called customer service to have them fix the problem, they said the only thing I could do is reorder and they will put in a request to have me moved to the front but gave me no promises. Reordered the same phone but in black (not jet) and was given a ship date of 10/26. Got the call today confirming my order was approved.

So Verizon had a reason to bump you ahead of people. Are you suggesting I just call Verizon and ask them to jump the line for my preorder? I guess it wouldn't hurt, eh?

alantasdf

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2016
So Verizon had a reason to bump you ahead of people. Are you suggesting I just call Verizon and ask them to jump the line for my preorder? I guess it wouldn't hurt, eh?

I think Verizon is just telling people that to calm their customers. Don't think they can really do that, hence the "make no promises"

Reactions: Morcom

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
I ordered 128GB Jet Black 7 Plus as soon as the site came online and status still stays processing with a 9/23 ETA. Hoping it ships soon.

Apples site appears to be shipping the Jet 7 Pluses from November ETAs. Let's hope that good karma comes our way for those of us still waiting on the Jet Blacks.

Reactions: Krissy_21

mdtp333

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
My card was charged Thursday evening, got my tracking number the next day (9/16). Flew from Memphis to Oakland on Friday and left Oakland Saturday. No update until this AM when it said out for delivery today. My original delivery day was Tuesday 9/20.

7/128/MB- ordered in store on 9/9 around 3:30pm local time.

Reactions: chairman16

tommy3691

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Ordered 128gb MB 7+ on 9/9 at about 3:50am. Have had a shipping date of 9/23 since the beginning and no change/no credit card charge. Just called verizon and automatically got a "your order is pending shipment". Anyone else have this experience?

Reactions: Olivia23

lewis26

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
Indianapolis
My card was charged Thursday evening, got my tracking number the next day (9/16). Flew from Memphis to Oakland on Friday and left Oakland Saturday. No update until this AM when it said out for delivery today. My original delivery day was Tuesday 9/20.

7/128/MB- ordered in store on 9/9 around 3:30pm local time.

FedEx or UPS?

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Just wanted to give an update on my order status. I called customer service today to find out exactly what happened to my JB+ 256GB order from 3:11 AM that was pushed back to 11/16 over the weekend. I originally thought it was just a notice of delay in shipment, but they attempted to charge my card and the authorization failed. This was because the card billing address didn't match the billing address on the account. Rather than contact me asking for a different card, they just flat out cancelled the order and automatically placed a new order for the same phone without asking me. My order would have been shipped out this weekend if the card had worked.

I ended up placing a new order for a MB+ that won't get here until late October. I'm incredibly frustrated with Verizon about this whole process. I also ordered a rose gold 256GB + that had to be cancelled for the same reason.

I would be trying to grab a reservation at the Apple Store, but I'm on a business account and I'm trying to get the Verizon trade-in promo.

Soooo my card billing address is different than the billing address on the account...I am hoping this isn't an issue with mine :( Last year, the card billing address was different then billing account address, and that went through just fine, so I hope that isn't the issue this year!
[doublepost=1474311937][/doublepost]
7+ 128GB JB shipped today!! Scheduled to arrive Wednesday. Good luck to those who are still waiting for JB.

Omg there is hope!! Haven't been charged or anything yet, but 9/23 expected date!

acm1108

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
Ordered on 9/9, 128+ Matte. Shipping date is 9/28 no movement since I ordered. Order status page says "Order has been received and is processing" temp hold on CC has already dropped.

Hopefully something this week.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Ordered 128gb MB 7+ on 9/9 at about 3:50am. Have had a shipping date of 9/23 since the beginning and no change/no credit card charge. Just called verizon and automatically got a "your order is pending shipment". Anyone else have this experience?

Yea, same here. I think it is an automated response for "processing" as I read a lot of people got this too.

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
Still no updates on my jet black 7 with a 10/5 eta. Hopefully something soon. These people getting early shipping notifications are getting me excited

Reactions: Olivia23

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Soooo my card billing address is different than the billing address on the account...I am hoping this isn't an issue with mine :( Last year, the card billing address was different then billing account address, and that went through just fine, so I hope that isn't the issue this year!
[doublepost=1474311937][/doublepost]

You might be able to have customer service change the billing address before your card is charged. It didn't work for me, but it's worth a shot!

mluman83

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Florida
Anybody know if any Verizon retail stores are getting any 7+'s in? I called Verizon and they told me to call after they receive their truck each day to check. Don't know how true this is.

Btw preordered 1pm est MB 7+ 128. Still 10/5 ship date and zero movement.

jaedre3

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Providence, RI
How are folks cancelling preorders online? I want to attempt to reserve and pick up at an apple store tomorrow if I don't see any movement on my preorder. Ordered 128 gb MB 7+ on 9/9 with current ship date of 10/5
it wouldnt let me i had to call 611 and have the supervisor do it...

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I've had a UPS tracking number from Verizon all day--got the email early this morning. But for some reason, the number is useless. I can't track the package. At first it was just telling me there was no shipping data available yet, and now it's just coming up as a dead link. I have no idea what the expected delivery date is or anything. Not sure what good a non-working tracking number is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.