Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
That's pretty much correct. At least from all the answers I got. I also just called my local Verizon. They told me they would be able to authorize me the $650 promotion on the spot, if I trade in at the store.
Do you know, do subsidy upgrades work or no?

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Ugh my package got to a hub 2 hours from me at 6pm last night. It hasn't moved since! Supposed to be delivered tomorrow! I really hope it does! I would think it would have at least made it to my town by now...
[doublepost=1474325886][/doublepost]
Anyone with FedEx tracking showing a 9/20 delivery date expecting to receive their phone today? My tracking hasn't been updated since Saturday night, so I feel like it could have made a lot of progress in my direction since then.
Mine hasn't moved since last night. I hope I get an update in the morning!

Reactions: cas3y5

iEuphoria

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
South Carolina
Smh. Preordered on the 9th. In store at 5EST. The 7+ MB 128GB. Had a ship date of 10/5. Got cancelled yesterday. Verizon support couldn't tell me why. They made up a lie. Today I reorder it. Expected ship date of 11/9.

I go back 1 month because it got cancelled & it was out of my control...

thaghost

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Winter Garden, FL
Ordered mine from the Verizon store 9am 9/12 and mine still shows 11/23 :confused:

I called today because there is a chance I'll be relocating to Florida for work and I was worried about the devices shipping to the store here in Illinois. I asked if there was any outside chance it would be shipping earlier and the rep told me no. He said my ship date will most likely be pushed back to December 3rd :mad: wtf!!!

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I ordered two phones (7+ MB 256, and 7+ Silver 256) with a confirmation at 9/9 2:16am Central. This order was complete within 4 minutes of the site coming online in my area. I have no movement on either. This has definitely been a frustrating launch.

I think those of us who ordered more than 1 phone are worse off since they won't ship the order as it becomes available.

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I think those of us who ordered more than 1 phone are worse off since they won't ship the order as it becomes available.

This is not true, or at least not definitively true. I have a coworker who got her RG 7 on launch day and her fiancée's MB 7+ is still in limbo.

They ordered on 9/9 at around 9am Central.

InZain86

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Has anyone received a delivery for an iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black and(or) an iPhone 7 128 Rose Gold (not plus) placed after 4:00am CST? If you have please provide what time you ordered including time zone and when it was delivered.

I spoke with Verizon customer service and they claim that they ship their orders In the order preorders are received. I don't believe this to be true as it seems kinda random. Smells kinda fishy and definitely not the good kind.

brmlong

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Massachusetts
Has anyone received a delivery for an iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black and(or) an iPhone 7 128 Rose Gold (not plus) placed after 4:00am CST? If you have please provide what time you ordered including time zone and when it was delivered.

I spoke with Verizon customer service and they claim that they ship their orders In the order preorders are received. I don't believe this to be true as it seems kinda random. Smells kinda fishy and definitely not the good kind.
I ordered a 128 MB plus ordered at 4:17 EST have not gotten it yet!

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
The $650 promotion is only offered to Verizon device installment plan. If you do the regular two yea contract I think you are looking at the typical trade in price ~$200?
I mean buying the phone at Apple. Like if I cancel my order and try to use my upgrade in the store after the reservation online?

phillies262834

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I ordered a 128 MB 7+ through a Wireless Zone store, which went through sometime around 7 AM EST on 9/9. Order stills shows processing, but shipping on 9/23. I saw that others had their orders cancelled, so I called the 611 number and it said that my order had been canceled. I then called the store to which they said that it was still scheduled to be delivered Friday 9/23. How should I proceed with this? Should I get in contact with a CS rep or wait it out?

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
I mean buying the phone at Apple. Like if I cancel my order and try to use my upgrade in the store after the reservation online?

I believe so. It's one of the default option. If you click through the iPhone purchase options on the Apple website you should see the contract option. In fact I just recalled this is what I did for my iPhone 6 two years ago.

iEuphoria

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
South Carolina
I ordered a 128 MB 7+ through a Wireless Zone store, which went through sometime around 7 AM EST on 9/9. Order stills shows processing, but shipping on 9/23. I saw that others had their orders cancelled, so I called the 611 number and it said that my order had been canceled. I then called the store to which they said that it was still scheduled to be delivered Friday 9/23. How should I proceed with this? Should I get in contact with a CS rep or wait it out?
Yoooooooooooooooo.
Same here. Mine was cancelled for no reason.
I had to reorder today. Same exact phone and everything.

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016

Yeah, what i did was i made the reservation on apple first because they hold that phone for you for 30 minutes, after those 30 minutes it goes back to sell/reserve for someone else. Then i cancelled my order, went to apple, they checked me in and i upgraded my 6+ to a 7+ matte black 128gb using verizons monthly payments (verizon edge) in and out within 15 minutes! got sick of waiting for my 9/23 verizon order to ship!

kingranch13

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Illinois

I placed the exact same order. When I finally was able to get it to go through it was around 830am CST. Had an delivery date of 9/28 in my confirmation email, since it has been pushed to ship on 9/30. I am just hoping with all the cancellations that it gets moved up.

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
This is not true, or at least not definitively true. I have a coworker who got her RG 7 on launch day and her fiancée's MB 7+ is still in limbo.

They ordered on 9/9 at around 9am Central.

That's very interesting. Verizon told me they would not ship them separately. What your coworker got is basically what I ordered as well.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
I believe so. It's one of the default option. If you click through the iPhone purchase options on the Apple website you should see the contract option. In fact I just recalled this is what I did for my iPhone 6 two years ago.
Oh wow I never even saw the pickup option!!! Will be trying again tonight or tomorrow to see if they get some plus again :) thanks!

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
Yeah, what i did was i made the reservation on apple first because they hold that phone for you for 30 minutes, after those 30 minutes it goes back to sell/reserve for someone else. Then i cancelled my order, went to apple, they checked me in and i upgraded my 6+ to a 7+ matte black 128gb using verizons monthly payments (verizon edge) in and out within 15 minutes! got sick of waiting for my 9/23 verizon order to ship!

The term Verizon edge confused me. I know that was something Verizon used to call their payment plan. So is edge the same as payment plan these days, for those of us who doesn't actually have Verizon edge?

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Im beyond ticked my self. Ordered right after pre orders opened with a ship date of 9/23 Matte Black 7+ 128GB, nothing personal but these people being able to go into an Apple/Verizon store etc and get lucky to get one SHOULD NOT, the people that preorder after our time also should not, if I decide to get up in the middle of the night like most of you all phones should be delivered to people that pre ordered, once those are filled then the stores should carry stock for those who didnt pre order. Sorry just ticked at this whole pre order non sense.

I was up from 2-5am thursday night trying to pre order. My apple store app crashed while I was at checkout and delivery date got pushed to 9/23 with no movement as of last friday. Yes the pre order system was annoying and flawed lol but instead of complaining that other people are getting their phones... maybe you should just reserve a phone at the apple store (just like I did), walk inside (not luckily) and walk out with the phone that you reserved online.......problem solved

InZain86

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
I placed the exact same order. When I finally was able to get it to go through it was around 830am CST. Had an delivery date of 9/28 in my confirmation email, since it has been pushed to ship on 9/30. I am just hoping with all the cancellations that it gets moved up.
Mine originally showed a deliver by date 9/16 then 9/23 then 9/28, now it shows a ship by date of 9/30. I ordered at 4:30am CST. Really hoping they don't cancel it.

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
The term Verizon edge confused me. I know that was something Verizon used to call their payment plan. So is edge the same as payment plan these days, for those of us who doesn't actually have Verizon edge?

yeah thats what the payment plan is, sorry i used the old terminology!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.