Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
My apologies if this is a bit off topic, but when sending in your old device to Verizon with their shipping box, do you put any protective wrap over it? The instructions just say to put the phone in the box and ship it but I worry it could be easily damaged that way.

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
My apologies if this is a bit off topic, but when sending in your old device to Verizon with their shipping box, do you put any protective wrap over it? The instructions just say to put the phone in the box and ship it but I worry it could be easily damaged that way.
There's a thin plastic attached to the cardboard that's supposed to keep it in place. U slide it under.

shawngod5269

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I actually just went back to look at my bank acct and i never got a small charge on my card to make sure it worked. Do you guys think it disappeared by now? I ordered on 9/9.
You should be ok as this charge normally drops off within 5 business days. I would be surprised if it still showed that pending charge

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Not a stupid question at all... wrap the **** out of it in bubble wrap or even glad wrap and take a video of you doing so.... I've never had a problem with Verizon trade in but video proof is always great to have

shawngod5269

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Ordered the 7 plus JB with 10/26.
I didn't do the $650 trade in offer with the preorder.
Now I see on the vz site the $650 offer expires 9/30.

Will I still be able to do the $650 trade in still after I get my phones on 10/26 since the site says offer through 9/30?

I had this same concern and spoke to multiple Verizon reps about it, and they all told me the same thing. It goes by your order date not by when you receive your phone. You could always call Verizon and ask them to put a note on your account as a safe measure

Reactions: Crazyj414

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
There are 128 7+ MB in stock today for pick up right at the Apple Store :( I really wanted my jet black but after so many people saying it'll get scratched and then be worth nothing, I'm thinking of just getting the matte...

rp100

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
All of the Apple store inventories refreshed for 9/21 - the store nearest my work allowed me to reserve a 128Gb Black+. I'll cancel my JB+ reservation tomorrow at the store, assuming I don't get a shipping notice first.

edit: I'm also curious to see what additional inventory they have that isn't listed online. I may bump up to the 256Gb Black+ if they have it.

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
CARD CHARGED

7+ MB 128 ordered 9/9 6:30 CDT. Just saw the charge show up on my amex and now the status page isn't loading for me.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Has anyone been able to positively confirm/deny that if you reserve a phone to pick up at an Apple store, that you can still take advantage of the $650 promo? I'm only asking because I was just able to reserve the phone I pre-ordered for in store pick up near me, but I don't want to cancel my pre-order until I know for sure. I'm due to pick it up in 12 hours, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, how easy is it to cancel the preorder?? I don't have a link on my order status page to cancel and don't want a huge problem at Apple trying to use my upgrade since it's obviously in kind of limbo now since I still have a preorder...and if I do cancel, does my upgrade become available again right away?

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Same here - 7+ JB preordered as soon as I could get into the site with confirmation at 3:20am EST. Original expected ship date was 10/5, now showing 9/23. Hoping that ends up being the delivery date, but I guess I'll know soon enough.

On a related note, has anyone on here received a 7+ JB yet?
Same here except when I ordered at 12:17 email confirmation at 12:19 said 10/5 email link showed 10/26 now just shows 10/26 as my date :(
[doublepost=1474432341][/doublepost]
Ordered the 7 plus JB with 10/26.
I didn't do the $650 trade in offer with the preorder.
Now I see on the vz site the $650 offer expires 9/30.

Will I still be able to do the $650 trade in still after I get my phones on 10/26 since the site says offer through 9/30?
What time did you order ?

Diti

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Ordered when preorders went live. Rougly 30minutes after. Saw ship date for my matte black 128gb change from 9/24 to 9/20 (yesterday) still no emails no tracking info, nothing.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Make sure there are no spaces. I noticed it doesn't work if there's a space. And there's no difference between confirmation and pre order number.
Yes, there is a difference between the two.
[doublepost=1474432948][/doublepost]
Yes there is, You are looking for the preorder confirmation number in your confirmation email. If it's not there, which isn't unheard of, you will have to get it from vzw.
Mine wasn't there, I had to call to get it.

FanStalin

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2016
CARD CHARGED

7+ MB 128 ordered 9/9 6:30 CDT. Just saw the charge show up on my amex and now the status page isn't loading for me.
Having hopes. What was your charge called? I have a dollar charge I doubt that's it. The status page isn't working for me

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
So, I decided to just cancel my JB order. I'm scared of the scratches since I'm not a fan of cases and actually reserved my 128 7+ MB for tomorrow in the Apple Store with my upgrade and everything. Good luck to everyone!!

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Yes, there is a difference between the two.
[doublepost=1474432948][/doublepost]
Mine wasn't there, I had to call to get it.
Mine are the same. My confirmation # is the same as the one in my email and "my Verizon" which is also the pre order #.

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Having hopes. What was your charge called? I have a dollar charge I doubt that's it. The status page isn't working for me
It just says "VERIZON WIRELESS" and it's for the amount that's been quoted on the status page.

Btw, has anyone been able to get this link to work or is it just because my order is processing?

Harvest59

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
128gb,Mb ipohone plus. Charged around 8pm. It's been sent to the warehouse for shipment. Yeahhhhhh. No tracking info yet. Good luck to all of you

Harvest59

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
I ordered the exact same time as you, and as badly as I want my phone, the website clearly says "expected ship date" of 9/23. Even if that were "deliver by" you still wouldn't have an argument. Verizon owes you nothing.
I was charged at 8pm no other info. Good luck to you

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
What is the best way to keep the jet black from scratching I order a clear speck case already. Is that good enough or should I get a clear skin wrap for the back as well?

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
QqoglAy.png

I can't believe it's finally happening. I thought this day would never come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.