Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daninels13

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I've got a 7+ Matte Black 32 GB, still stuck on 10/5 shipment date, no change whatsoever. Does anyone have any recommendation whether I should just wait or cancel and order through Apple?
TBH, I'd give it a try with reserving through Apple. You can always just cancel your Verizon one once/if you get a reservation. I tried last night at 12:01 but since I want the MB 7+ 256 GB i had no luck, but quite a few appointments for the other phones were available. My plan is get on at 12:01 every night and just check..maybe even set an alarm if I'm already asleep (which is rare. haha) That may sound excessive, but its two minutes of my time to check and then I can turn over and go right back to sleep. LOL

Aznjules86

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Ordered the 7 plus JB with 10/26.
I didn't do the $650 trade in offer with the preorder.
Now I see on the vz site the $650 offer expires 9/30.

Will I still be able to do the $650 trade in still after I get my phones on 10/26 since the site says offer through 9/30?

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Ordered the 7 plus JB with 10/26.
I didn't do the $650 trade in offer with the preorder.
Now I see on the vz site the $650 offer expires 9/30.

Will I still be able to do the $650 trade in still after I get my phones on 10/26 since the site says offer through 9/30?
My guess would be you have to order the phone by that time, not necessarily have it in-hand.
[doublepost=1474425650][/doublepost]
Have you tried calling them? Some people say that they get "more updated" info when they call. I'm not sure which number they are using to do so, but maybe you could find out and try that?? :/
i was finally able to get a Verizon rep on the phone last night, I was on hold for 25 minutes. And he confirmed that 10/26 is my date. No movement here. Of course it's the 128 JB 7+.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Yay! Now I'm super excited to get my phone now; the many negative reviews were starting to make me nervous. Went for the matte black plus as well and this will be my first time with the larger phone. Thats a bummer though about your dictation button, hope that you can get that resolved. :/
I did get it resolved. I found out that the Siri volume was too low. I turned it up and the dictation button was much better !!

USMC_0352

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
I've been a longtime reader of macrumors and have been fallowing this thread since the early morning of the preorder. I preordered a Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 Plus through the Verizon website. I received my email confirmation at 3:18 AM on 09/09/16. The emailed confirmation showed a delivery date of 10/05/16. When checking the order status the next day using the link in the email confirmation, it showed a shipping date of 09/23/16 and hasn't done anything since. I have been checking the order status and credit card account multiple times a day with no movement on anything.
I spoke with a friend (Verizon rep) today that said they are having trouble getting stock in from Apple, apparently Apple is catering to their orders first, and compensating for the iPhone upgrade program customers... and then carriers get what's left

daninels13

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I just ordered (today 9/20) a 256GB 7+ RG on Verizon website and have an estimated ship date of 11/02.
Yeah. That sounds about right. I ordered on 9/12 (7+ MB 256GB) and my estimated ship date is 10/5. :) Do you have an Apple store nearby that you can try to reserve at?

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I spoke with a friend (Verizon rep) today that said they are having trouble getting stock in from Apple, apparently Apple is catering to their orders first, and compensating for the iPhone upgrade program customers... and then carriers get what's left
I think that was his opinion of what's happening. I really doubt Apple is going to say they are catering to the people that ordered direct from them first. i read an article stating there was a percentage of phones shipped to each carrier based on their expected order load that was based on their current customer load with iPhones. I think we are all looking for a way to explain why we weren't first in line. I can't imagine being a rep at Verizon, Apple, or any of the other carriers right now and answering this question 100's of times.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Can anyone confirm you can use subsidy upgrades at the Apple Store when you make a reservation? I'm seriously tired of waiting for my plus and just want to walk in the store and be done with it. But I'm not sure if they'll allow it. Like am I able to order with the pick up option and get it?

Last edited:

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Seems like the remaining crew here are dual orders and JB folks.... don't you JB folks worry about scratches.... the videos out there show a pretty bleak future

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Seems like the remaining crew here are dual orders and JB folks.... just curious on the JB folks case or no case upgrade program... what's going to happen in 11 months when JB in immaculate shape is worth x and despite all the care and case in the world yours is scratched to ****?
Edit: ignore this, posted twice lol
have you seen the videos out there on JB?? It looks amazing until someone uses it.... fingerprints are horrid and the scratch prevention is also, horrid....

Jerel

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2015
Maryland
Placed an order for a 256GB Black iPhone 7 Plus on 9/9 at 8:30pm, confirmation email received at 8:38pm. CC charged by VZWRLSS for $58.20 a moment ago.

Expected delivery date has been 9/28.

Last edited:

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Seems like the remaining crew here are dual orders and JB folks.... don't you JB folks worry about scratches.... the videos out there show a pretty bleak future
Waiting on 2 JB+
We'll have cases on them so not worried. Just want them here already!

phillies262834

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Alright, no idea WTF is going on. 611 last night said my original order was cancelled. Called support, reordered, and had a jump the line request filled out. I 611 again today to check if the order had been moved up from 11/09/16, but the confirmation number they had was for my original order. I was about to hang up when it said "Your shipment has been processed and shipped with an estimated arrival of 2 business days". So I guess I somehow have 2 phones on the way? I'll cancel the later one once I know for sure I'm getting the device. 128 MB 7+ btw.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Placed an order for a 256GB Black iPhone 7 Plus on 9/9 at 8:30pm, confirmation email received at 8:38pm. CC charged by VZWRLSS for $58.20 a moment ago.
What was your original ship date supposed to be? Mine is and has been 10/5 since I ordered my mb 7+ 128. No movement at all.

Diti

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
can anyone help me? Every time I go to the pre-order page where it asks for the confirmation number and your last name/business name it says nothing found for the confirmation number. Is there a difference between the confirmation and the pre-order numbeR?

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
can anyone help me? Every time I go to the pre-order page where it asks for the confirmation number and your last name/business name it says nothing found for the confirmation number. Is there a difference between the confirmation and the pre-order numbeR?
Yes there is. When I called 611 to verify shipping info it said "your order ending in 1234" and the numbers they gave were not at all similar to the online order number or the ACE number. They gave me the full confirmation number and it does not work in that link.

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Make sure there are no spaces. I noticed it doesn't work if there's a space. And there's no difference between confirmation and pre order number.

Kfortune117

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Yes there is, You are looking for the preorder confirmation number in your confirmation email. If it's not there, which isn't unheard of, you will have to get it from vzw.

mcurrys07

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
My Apple Store has a 7plus in stock with my confirguation..my pre order has been in processing since 9/9 with a ship date of 10/5.. I already have my iPhone $650 trade in box for my iPhone 6... am I able to just go through Apple after canceling my pre order? I don't want to lose my trade in promo... has anyone else done this successfully? I won't sacrifice the $650 for the ability to get it tmrw vs 3 weeks..

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I think that was his opinion of what's happening. I really doubt Apple is going to say they are catering to the people that ordered direct from them first. i read an article stating there was a percentage of phones shipped to each carrier based on their expected order load that was based on their current customer load with iPhones. I think we are all looking for a way to explain why we weren't first in line. I can't imagine being a rep at Verizon, Apple, or any of the other carriers right now and answering this question 100's of times.
What was your original deliver by date in the confirmation email?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.