Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmbinski

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
it is sad how apples website says 2-3 weeks for a Iphone 7+ and thats if I order it now... and I Pre-ordered the 7+ on verizon and it is still a 3 week wait. Something seems wrong here. I ordered it on 9/13 and it delivers on 10/12.. 4 weeks. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Olivia23

rblahetka

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I did an online order on the 12th with an estimated ship date of October 19th. I saw others were doing a reservation with apple, so I set my alarm for 12:01 and reserved a silver 128 gig and will do an in store pick up at noon. Now, to go back to sleep.

TheTotoro

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Finally got a tracking number this evening for FedEx. Should arrive Thursday, but it just got picked up in Memphis so maybe it will arrive tomorrow.

If you get a tracking number with an 8 and a space before it, that is fedex.

Ex: 8 7753993848392

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
It just says "VERIZON WIRELESS" and it's for the amount that's been quoted on the status page.

Btw, has anyone been able to get this link to work or is it just because my order is processing?
This is the one that has never worked with me. Verizon gave me a number they said was my confirmation number that was not the same as any of the numbers in my confirmation email. None of them work.
[doublepost=1474435843][/doublepost]
Has anyone been able to positively confirm/deny that if you reserve a phone to pick up at an Apple store, that you can still take advantage of the $650 promo? I'm only asking because I was just able to reserve the phone I pre-ordered for in store pick up near me, but I don't want to cancel my pre-order until I know for sure. I'm due to pick it up in 12 hours, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, how easy is it to cancel the preorder?? I don't have a link on my order status page to cancel and don't want a huge problem at Apple trying to use my upgrade since it's obviously in kind of limbo now since I still have a preorder...and if I do cancel, does my upgrade become available again right away?

Thank you so much in advance!!!!
There was a post in here where someone said they canceled their Verizon order while they were in the Apple store and Apple is doing the $650 deal through Verizon. It will still be processed through Verizon and they'll give you a box to return it.
Don't cancel your order until the Apple rep tells you it's a go!
[doublepost=1474435914][/doublepost]
Can anyone tell me!?!?
How would anyone know? We are all here waiting for our phones.
[doublepost=1474435964][/doublepost]
it is sad how apples website says 2-3 weeks for a Iphone 7+ and thats if I order it now... and I Pre-ordered the 7+ on verizon and it is still a 3 week wait. Something seems wrong here. I ordered it on 9/13 and it delivers on 10/12.. 4 weeks. Ridiculous.
I think the dates are all sooner than quoted. At least that's what I'm noticing here in the forum.

FanStalin

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2016
What is the best way to keep the jet black from scratching I order a clear speck case already. Is that good enough or should I get a clear skin wrap for the back as well?
Supershieldz. I trust and use them for everything.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
This is the one that has never worked with me. Verizon gave me a number they said was my confirmation number that was not the same as any of the numbers in my confirmation email. None of them work.
[doublepost=1474435843][/doublepost]
There was a post in here where someone said they canceled their Verizon order while they were in the Apple store and Apple is doing the $650 deal through Verizon. It will still be processed through Verizon and they'll give you a box to return it.
Don't cancel your order until the Apple rep tells you it's a go!
[doublepost=1474435914][/doublepost]
How would anyone know? We are all here waiting for our phones.
[doublepost=1474435964][/doublepost]
I think the dates are all sooner than quoted. At least that's what I'm noticing here in the forum.

I would need to cancel my order for my upgrade to show as available again though, right? So how can I NOT cancel the order until the Apple rep tells me it's a go? Sorry, I'm confused Lol...

Also, once you cancel an order, how long does it take for your upgrade to show available again?

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I would need to cancel my order for my upgrade to show as available again though, right? So how can I NOT cancel the order until the Apple rep tells me it's a go? Sorry, I'm confused Lol...

Also, once you cancel an order, how long does it take for your upgrade to show available again?
I think what you need to do is show up for your appointment, say SHOW ME THE PHONE, then go about canceling so you can get your upgrade. I believe someone said they did that and it took about 20mins for it to go through Verizon. However, if you are there for your appointment time and if they have your phone and you have the $$, then it's yours.

Reactions: JeepGirl06

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Has anyone been able to positively confirm/deny that if you reserve a phone to pick up at an Apple store, that you can still take advantage of the $650 promo? I'm only asking because I was just able to reserve the phone I pre-ordered for in store pick up near me, but I don't want to cancel my pre-order until I know for sure. I'm due to pick it up in 12 hours, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, how easy is it to cancel the preorder?? I don't have a link on my order status page to cancel and don't want a huge problem at Apple trying to use my upgrade since it's obviously in kind of limbo now since I still have a preorder...and if I do cancel, does my upgrade become available again right away?

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Not sure on promo but most likely directly through verizon as for the cancel the pre order link that had been on this thread that shows a cancellation button when you log in if not shipped already. I would encourage you to do it a bit before going to the store sometimes verizon system takes a bit of time to show the cancellation it's supposed to be instant but I was waiting at Apple store for 25 minutes to have it cancel. This is more important if your using verizon financing because the pre order holds against your spending limit with Verizon.
[doublepost=1474440026][/doublepost]
I think what you need to do is show up for your appointment, say SHOW ME THE PHONE, then go about canceling so you can get your upgrade. I believe someone said they did that and it took about 20mins for it to go through Verizon. However, if you are there for your appointment time and if they have your phone and you have the $$, then it's yours.
My experience at Apple has been good if you reserve the day before they hold the phone for you. The cancel is supposed to be instant but I would do it a bit n advance at least 30 minutes and go through the web pre order to cancel it's faster the reps take forever and usually need a supervisor to do it and then it takes longer then using the link
[doublepost=1474440147][/doublepost]
There are 128 7+ MB in stock today for pick up right at the Apple Store :( I really wanted my jet black but after so many people saying it'll get scratched and then be worth nothing, I'm thinking of just getting the matte...
Just got matte today its very nice I think jb is nice but over rated. Certainly not worth November in my humble opinion. The matte is very dark and very classy

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Not sure on promo but most likely directly through verizon as for the cancel the pre order link that had been on this thread that shows a cancellation button when you log in if not shipped already. I would encourage you to do it a bit before going to the store sometimes verizon system takes a bit of time to show the cancellation it's supposed to be instant but I was waiting at Apple store for 25 minutes to have it cancel. This is more important if your using verizon financing because the pre order holds against your spending limit with Verizon.
[doublepost=1474440026][/doublepost]
My experience at Apple has been good if you reserve the day before they hold the phone for you. The cancel is supposed to be instant but I would do it a bit n advance at least 30 minutes and go through the web pre order to cancel it's faster the reps take forever and usually need a supervisor to do it and then it takes longer then using the link
[doublepost=1474440147][/doublepost]
Just got matte today its very nice I think jb is nice but over rated. Certainly not worth November in my humble opinion. The matte is very dark and very classy
I don't show a cancel button when I check my preorder status :( Just the order # and estimated ship date of 10/12

madlife

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Can anyone tell me!?!?
I have seen a couple clear cases that show a lot of ugly air bubbles on the back of the case only with jet black model. I think if you skin wrapped it first then used it with a case(assuming you have the bubble problem) you should be good.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
This is all I see when I check my order status..no cancel button..nothing :( How should I go about cancelling if I need to do so? I know I can call, but I want to make sure my upgrade is available when I go to Apple today.... I don't want anything holding me up ... Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Presentation1.jpg

cbruce76

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
This is all I see when I check my order status..no cancel button..nothing :( How should I go about cancelling if I need to do so? I know I can call, but I want to make sure my upgrade is available when I go to Apple today.... I don't want anything holding me up ... Any help is greatly appreciated!!

View attachment 656081

Go to this page. You'll see "Order - Your Status" in the bottom left quadrant. Press that button then enter your confirmation number. You should then see the cancel order button.

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/order/common/dotcomContainer.jsp

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
My shipping date has disappeared. First time that's ever happened.
Holding on a 7 Plus JB 256GB(9/28 ship date)... God, I hope that's a good thing

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
My shipping date has disappeared. First time that's ever happened.
Holding on a 7 Plus JB 256GB(9/28 ship date)... God, I hope that's a good thing
It's happened to me twice and then reverted back. Once your card is charged you know you're on your way.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Yeah. That sounds about right. I ordered on 9/12 (7+ MB 256GB) and my estimated ship date is 10/5. :) Do you have an Apple store nearby that you can try to reserve at?
Dang you ordered on 9/12 and got the same ship date as me? I got up at 3am on 9/9 and my ship date is 10/5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.