Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I called my local Verizon store for the 3rd time within an hour. Seems that they are not answering the phone even for there long time customers such as me. I left my number for them to call me back we'll see if that happens. I think that us 9/23 preorders should be seeing something by now. I'm waiting on a iphone7 plus, 128gb,MB. I ordered at 6:30 on 9/9 and that's over 3 hours from launch time. I'm seeing people that order 3 hrs before me and are not recieving any movement as well. This is rediculous and we should all get a discount off our bills. Sorry just venting.
I ordered the exact same time as you, and as badly as I want my phone, the website clearly says "expected ship date" of 9/23. Even if that were "deliver by" you still wouldn't have an argument. Verizon owes you nothing.

madlife

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Been following this forum for a while so I decided to put my input in. I originally ordered a iPhone 7 JB 128gb on 9/12 at night and got a ship date of 10/19. As it's been a week and still no movement, I decided to go to my local Verizon store and pick up a iPhone 7 MB 256gb and it was definitely worth it. They canceled my pre-order and took my iPhone 6 for the trade in promotion at the store.

After seeing so many reviews and photos of the JB getting scratches and looking like it was manhandled by a toddler with all the finger prints I'm definitely glad I went with MB instead. And I wanted 256gb anyway. The photos of the mb always look lighter then it is. When you see it in person its actually very black and looks very nice. I guess this is just my opinion but if you ordered a jet black and still waiting then maybe you should opt for the matte black.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Zmbinski

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I ordered a MB Iphone 7 Plus 32 GB on 9/13. It says it will deliver on 10/12, but then it also said 10/05 at one point. It started off as 10/12, but then on saturday night it went to 10/5 until I reloaded it. Anyone else have this problem?

egreggs6870

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
Finally I received my iPhone 7 Plus...
Ordered 9/9
3:10am est
Confirmation 3:15am est
Delivered 3 days earlier than expected ship date

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 258

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Finally got my phone today at about 3:20! Iphone7 plus RG 128gb. After all the headache it's finally here! Still trying to get used to the size of it! And the home button! Ordered 10 min after the site went live on 9/9. Original delivery date was 9/16.
Did you see my reply earlier about the mic issue I was having? It turned out that Siri volume was low and I increased it and problem solved! BTW, I love the new home button! Glad I went with the plus

Ryan1017

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Iowa
Don't believe those dates they're throwing out there. Mine was supposed to be shipped on the 28th, and I will have it in hand on the 22nd. I'm not complaning, just stating that they are shipping alot of phones early. JB is the one that might not ship too early.

egreggs6870

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
Finally got my phone today at about 3:20! Iphone7 plus RG 128gb. After all the headache it's finally here! Still trying to get used to the size of it! And the home button! Ordered 10 min after the site went live on 9/9. Original delivery date was 9/16.
Yeah, the home button is a little tricky...

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Did you see my reply earlier about the mic issue I was having? It turned out that Siri volume was low and I increased it and problem solved! BTW, I love the new home button! Glad I went with the plus
Oh I didn't! That's so good! Now u shouldn't have any issues! I love how big the screen is and how much more I can see but I have little hands lol! I'm sure I will get used to it in a couple days! I'm glad my waiting game is over!

Reactions: roncito and ksujoel

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Well all I wanted to tell you a funny(ish) story about VZW after shipment. I ordered at 3:14am on the preorder date and made the mistake of ordering 2 phones in one order (won't do that again). One phone is a 7 128 in Gold and the other is a 7+ 128 in MB.

I received a charge (for both phones) and a tracking number on Sunday (9/18) and according to UPS the shipment was sent out yesterday 9/19. I then received a Tracking and Shipping email from VZW yesterday... which only showed the 7 as shipped! I was on vacation so I didn't worry too much about it, but I figured when I got home tonight I would chat with VZW and see why the email said they only shipped out one of the phones and to see where the other phone was. Chat was (unsurprisingly) not very helpful saying they had no idea and that I would need to call.

I called and I guess a lot of the wave of calls has died down because I got a rep on the phone almost immediately. They looked at the email that was sent and dove into the comments on my account. After explaining what I saw the rep said that according to my account she thinks both phones shipped, but she really wasn't sure because the email didn't match up. The called ended with her saying that I should let them know if I don't get both phones... like there was a chance I wouldn't.

While you may say, just look at the weight of the shipment and you can take and estimated guess as to if the box includes one or two phones... The shipment was sent UPS and the tracking number is only showing me location information (arrivals and departures) and no other information even though I have My Choice.

Just goes to show you the madness from VZW may not end when you get a charge and a tracking number. Since at this point there is no way to know if I have both phones coming or not, it will just be a surprise tomorrow when I open the box.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Oh I didn't! That's so good! Now u shouldn't have any issues! I love how big the screen is and how much more I can see but I have little hands lol! I'm sure I will get used to it in a couple days! I'm glad my waiting game is over!
So glad it's over for you! Considering everything that happened with you, you only had to deal with another 4 days...

USMC_0352

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Don't believe those dates they're throwing out there. Mine was supposed to be shipped on the 28th, and I will have it in hand on the 22nd. I'm not complaning, just stating that they are shipping alot of phones early. JB is the one that might not ship too early.
What size capacity and time did you order?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The size is oddly not as bad, until I put it in my pocket. Maybe I should lady up and carry a purse.

Doublecheck

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2008
I ordered my +7 around 7:15am CDT 9/9. I had no updates what so ever until a few minutes ago they finally charged my card! Now just waiting on the tracking info!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.