Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MomMom1012

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
I just found "my" phone at Best Buy 1 mile from my house (7, rose gold, 128gb). I ordered one yesterday from Verizon to take advantage of the trade in for my 6 and got a date of 10/5. Does anyone know if I can I can go get my phone at Best Buy and still get the trade in credit?

Apologies if it's been asked and answered. It's hard keeping up with this thread!

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
I just found "my" phone at Best Buy 1 mile from my house (7, rose gold, 128gb). I ordered one yesterday from Verizon to take advantage of the trade in for my 6 and got a date of 10/5. Does anyone know if I can I can go get my phone at Best Buy and still get the trade in credit?

Apologies if it's been asked and answered. It's hard keeping up with this thread!

Yep - Best Buy offers the $650 trade in promo.

Reactions: MomMom1012

lewis26

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
Indianapolis
did you get any information at all? mine still says no information available at this time

Yeah, mine shipped Friday, and an origin scan finally showed up late friday evening. Then an arrival scan in indy Saturday.

No delivery date scheduled, and nothing showing it was out for delivery today.
[doublepost=1474399840][/doublepost]
****, someone has to sign for it? Im screwed...

I left a note telling them to leave it in my barbaque out back, but my Fiance got off early and was home.

raq0915

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Yeah, mine shipped Friday, and an origin scan finally showed up late friday evening. Then an arrival scan in indy Saturday.

No delivery date scheduled, and nothing showing it was out for delivery today.
[doublepost=1474399840][/doublepost]

I left a note telling them to leave it in my barbaque out back, but my Fiance got off early and was home.
****, I just thought they'd just leave it on the porch

Maryinsouthie

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Minnesota
Ok Gang, so I just got off the phone with the direct of orders for Verizon.

She said that the main issue is that Apple sent VZW ZERO Iphone 7 Pluses.

They literally have no inventory for the phones currently.

The 9/28 date is the earliest ship date for the phones but on her system they are showing shipping 11/16 (for the 9/28 orders).
Maybe it is true. Based on this map Apple Stores don't have much stock either(plus models.) Limited plus stock they have is only the 32GB

Attachments

• IMG_5025.PNG
    IMG_5025.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 158

SteveoGa

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Columbus GA
Ok Gang, so I just got off the phone with the direct of orders for Verizon.

She said that the main issue is that Apple sent VZW ZERO Iphone 7 Pluses.

They literally have no inventory for the phones currently.

The 9/28 date is the earliest ship date for the phones but on her system they are showing shipping 11/16 (for the 9/28 orders).

Her statements are absolutely false. I ordered 2 7 pluses and originally received a 9/28 ship date--but my phones were delivered today. So (1) Apple did ship VZW 7 plus phones and (2) the delivery dates she is quoting are pure fiction. Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

Reactions: Krissy_21

ItsD

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I placed the order (7 plus JB 128GB) on Sept 9th 3:15 EST and the shipping date is Sept 23rd. Spoke to a customer care associate and they mentioned the order is confirmed and there is no back-order. The phone will ship on 23rd.

Last edited:

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
Has anyone with a 10/5 date seen any updates?

I got a jet black 7, 128. After hearing about the cancellations I'm getting paranoid

I know this has been asked earlier, but I haven't been on the forum today and may have missed any updates.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I placed the order on Sept 9th 3:15 EST and the shipping date is Sept 23rd. Spoke to a customer care associate and they mentioned the order is confirmed and there is no back-order. The phone will ship on 23rd

That's what I got from 2 different associates, so I wanna bank on that!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I dunno I think some 9/28 iPhone+ people have gotten their orders, that could be the case for JB though.

I'm sure Apple will be getting Verizon a shipment soon though, they are the biggest carrier after all.
128 silver 7+ was just dropped off at my house. Only thing that made me wonder was why it was delivered via FedEx for me and you all keep talking about UPS.
Initial ship date was 9/28 for me.

Initial impressions, it's an iPhone 7+ all right.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
So am I seeing that it is possible once the label is created, you can call Verizon and get the shipping address changed?? or do you call UPS/FedEx??

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I know about picking up at the Apple Store but there are no Plus models available at any store within driving distance in North Jersey.. has anyone had any luck checking a Verizon store? Still stuck with 10/5 ship...

check at 12:01 EST, that's when they reset the available stock. You can reserve one and pick it up the next day. You might have to be quick if there's a large demand in your area.

So far, only 32GB models of the 7+ have been available in my area.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
****, I just thought they'd just leave it on the porch

Others who have had to leave a note before can speak better to this than I but in the first page of the this thread there is a FED EX release note you can use and leave on your door and they will leave the package (I guess it's driver discretion however most will accept it since they won't have to stop again the next day) UPS many have said a simple hand written note with your name tracking info etc works... Those that have done this in the past am I accurate?

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Has anyone with a 10/5 date seen any updates?

I got a jet black 7, 128. After hearing about the cancellations I'm getting paranoid

I know this has been asked earlier, but I haven't been on the forum today and may have missed any updates.

AFAIK no movement on any 10/5 orders yet.

Really don't stress about the cancellations: the person said they cancelled 350 orders, that's out of what 300,000? More? The chances of it happening to anyone else is a tiny percentage point

Reactions: scwinsett

isteal

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
USA
Chatting with Verizon currently and they are telling me that they are pushing back orders because demand surpassed supply. (duh). Recommending I call customer loyalty department to ask if they can accommodate me for a delay... 7+ JB, and 7 MB, both 128gb. 9/23 ship date. Not sure if its actually going to get delayed, as my end still shows 9/23. Sounds like they are just telling people that orders are delayed.

melillobm

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
check at 12:01 EST, that's when they reset the available stock. You can reserve one and pick it up the next day. You might have to be quick if there's a large demand in your area.

So far, only 32GB models of the 7+ have been available in my area.

I did this for the phone I wanted and when I got to the store at the reservation time the apple employees told me this service is only for iPhone upgrade program users and would not let me purchase the phone.

ristb

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2010
ordered 2 7 mb 128gb on 9/9 at night for a 9/23 deliver date. Received tracking on 9/16 with no UPS updates till yesterday which stated it was in NJ (I live in north NJ) Kept checking today for delivery and there was no delivery date update until now. Just got delivered to my apartment.

Reactions: Olivia23

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
I got billed last night about 8:30 for the same phone, mine is shipping via UPS ground. Tracking number still showing nothing. I have no idea if mine is coming tomorrow or Thursday and it's driving me batty. I wish mine were coming Fedex.
That sucks that they are shipping it ground.
[doublepost=1474404315][/doublepost]
I registered just to add my experience here. I've been watching the thread for a while to see how my experience stacked up against the crowd.

On the bottom line: I am not preordering through VZW in the future; probably not preordering at all. Shipping delays and needless restrictions on the delivery make preordering a worse option than buying as a walk-in at a store.

I ordered two phones 9/9 about 3pm central, 128gb 7 in silver and matte black. I'm in the Houston area.
The silver phone "shipped" 9/13 UPS next day air saver, but was understandably held out until launch day.
The MB "shipped" 9/15 by UPS ground. (The MB was ordered first). I am only slightly outside the 1-day delivery range for UPS ground from Memphis.
Shipping info for MB didn't populate until 9/16 afternoon with no package details and no expected delivery date, just an "origin scan" in Memphis.

Silver 128 came 9/16, but I work and VZW disabled "hold for pickup" option in the UPS app. VZW also disabled signature authorization on the app. I had no options other than missing my delivery on Friday and signing the UPS notice on my door to authorize the package to be left on Monday. This makes no sense at all, since i ultimately authorized the package to be left on my porch anyway, I just had to wait until Monday for the 2nd delivery attempt of a phone that was in stock everywhere all weekend. I would have had it earlier and easier if I hadn't preordered.

Monday, 9/19 my matte black 128 finally left Memphis after sitting for three days. It never showed up in the UPS app because Verizon is sending it to "[My Name] Attn: [My name again]", which confused the UPS robots. It came all the way to my local customer center by about 9:30 pm last night, but UPS didn't put it on a truck today. It got a "destination scan" at about 6:30 am. It's just sitting there. But I can't go pick it up because of VZW's delivery restrictions. If this goes like the silver one, I am still two days out of having it in hand, because the driver still needs to leave me a note to sign and come back the following day. Meanwhile, the 128 MB 7 is in stock at the local apple store. That makes two phones I will actually have in my hands several days LATER than I would have had them if I hadn't preordered.

I'm not doing this again.
Once they try and deliver it, can you just not go pick it up? I would if there was time to do that.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
I did this for the phone I wanted and when I got to the store at the reservation time the apple employees told me this service is only for iPhone upgrade program users and would not let me purchase the phone.
Other people have reserved it recently and did not use the iPhone upgrade program.

bfg110

macrumors member
May 29, 2006
I placed the order (7 plus JB 128GB) on Sept 9th 3:15 EST and the shipping date is Sept 23rd. Spoke to a customer care associate and they mentioned the order is confirmed and there is no back-order. The phone will ship on 23rd.

Ordered mine with email coming in at 3:16 am est and got october 5th. 1 min difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.