Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I know about picking up at the Apple Store but there are no Plus models available at any store within driving distance in North Jersey.. has anyone had any luck checking a Verizon store? Still stuck with 10/5 ship...

Verizon in California has nothing and the phone people while nice are kind of useless. I've used the Apple method to get two pluses in store California seems to have decent plus stock of you get on the app right at 1201 but I have noticed the matte black plus has dried up good luck the Apple route is probably best if they get any in your area

jddocea

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
This shortage seems to be a Verizon issue. My neighbour ordered her 7+ 32GB matte black on 9/13 and it just got delivered. She's on AT&T
That's mostly due to the GSM phones on ATT and T mobile not having CDMA. The Verizon and Sprint phones are in demand because they work with both GSM and CDMA

Harvest59

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Anyone with a 9/23 ship date for a 7+ MB 128 still not seeing any movement? I ordered at 6:30am CDT on 9/9.
No movement. I'm actually getting a migraine from stalking my bank account and my order status. I know it's just a phone but come on already. People that ordered after me have there's either shipped or they have been charged. And are waiting for the delivery. This really sucks. I think next year I will think twice about preordering from Verizon. I also ordered at 6:30am.

kelleybp

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
Just did online chat with VZW (my order went to Completed mode late yesterday)...4pmET is the cutoff for items going out the same day vs the next day. My order (iPhone 7+ 128GB MB, ordered 9/9 at 3:44amET, original delivery date 9/23) processed at 5:37pmET yesterday, so it is going out today for overnight delivery (arrive tomorrow). Not sure if that cutoff time is just because I am on the east coast or if is nationwide.

I also ordered thru the business site -- where did you go to see that your order went to "completed mode"? Did you use the MBXXXXXXXX number in your confirmation e-mail, or through My Verizon, or something else? Thanks in advance!

RatedTye

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I just received my 2 iPhone 7+ 32gb and 128gb Rose Gold. Order at 4:00 AM EST. 9/9/16, received order confirmation at 4:41am EST. My credit card was charged and sent to wharehouse the Evening of 9/16/16. Order shipped 9/17/16 via FedEx 2 Day, arrived in my city Sunday evening and was just delivered. Curreently activating mine.

nikster21

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Napa Valley
7+ 128GB MB Ordered 01:19 Pacific

Yesterday and this morning there was no movement with a ship date of 9/23.

Just Checked again, and it has a ship date of yesterday... and a tracking number for a Thursday delivery.

My phone is hanging out in Memphis.... if the 7+ was in so backlogged, why from Memphis and not China???

bdbarber97

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I've got a 7+ Matte Black 32 GB, still stuck on 10/5 shipment date, no change whatsoever. Does anyone have any recommendation whether I should just wait or cancel and order through Apple?

nikster21

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Napa Valley
I've got a 7+ Matte Black 32 GB, still stuck on 10/5 shipment date, no change whatsoever. Does anyone have any recommendation whether I should just wait or cancel and order through Apple?
I really can't see that improving you timing.

Hold Tough, my phone was supposed to ship Friday, and now I have a tracking number for an arrival of Thursday.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
Anyone know the route to Chicago from Memphis off the top of their head (recent order)?

FedEx 2 day, shipment picked up yesterday at 9:25 AM, arrived FedEx Location in Memphis 2:55 AM this morning, supposed to be delivered tomorrow by 4:30.... plenty of time for travel or should I worry about a delayed shipment?

lewis26

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
Indianapolis
Anyone know the route to Chicago from Memphis off the top of their head (recent order)?

FedEx 2 day, shipment picked up yesterday at 9:25 AM, arrived FedEx Location in Memphis 2:55 AM this morning, supposed to be delivered tomorrow by 4:30.... plenty of time for travel or should I worry about a delayed shipment?

I'm sure it's a flight from Memphis to ORD tonight, truck from ORD to local distribution hub, and then onto a truck.

Sherri J. Brown

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Charleston, SC
Just did online chat with VZW (my order went to Completed mode late yesterday)...4pmET is the cutoff for items going out the same day vs the next day. My order (iPhone 7+ 128GB MB, ordered 9/9 at 3:44amET, original delivery date 9/23) processed at 5:37pmET yesterday, so it is going out today for overnight delivery (arrive tomorrow). Not sure if that cutoff time is just because I am on the east coast or if is nationwide.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Mine is delivered! Fiance was home to sign for it.

UPS never said out for delivery, and never gave me a delivery date online!
Weird. Mine is coming from FedEx. In typical fashion, all fedex deliveries usually come by 3 and I haven't seen the truck yet.

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Just checked my first order with Verizon placed 9/9 at 11:45am ship date is 9/23 still 256gb 7+ matte black. Got charged last night at 9:45pm est. checked and it was registered in FedEx at 4am and shipped at 9am. Thursday delivery on that one. Still waiting for progress on my other phone (same phone same order time). Had a slight payment fiasco but everything is all set I was assured by Verizon. Good luck with your orders guys.

I got billed last night about 8:30 for the same phone, mine is shipping via UPS ground. Tracking number still showing nothing. I have no idea if mine is coming tomorrow or Thursday and it's driving me batty. I wish mine were coming Fedex.

Reactions: Olivia23 and tlh003

Easysix42

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I registered just to add my experience here. I've been watching the thread for a while to see how my experience stacked up against the crowd.

On the bottom line: I am not preordering through VZW in the future; probably not preordering at all. Shipping delays and needless restrictions on the delivery make preordering a worse option than buying as a walk-in at a store.

I ordered two phones 9/9 about 3pm central, 128gb 7 in silver and matte black. I'm in the Houston area.
The silver phone "shipped" 9/13 UPS next day air saver, but was understandably held out until launch day.
The MB "shipped" 9/15 by UPS ground. (The MB was ordered first). I am only slightly outside the 1-day delivery range for UPS ground from Memphis.
Shipping info for MB didn't populate until 9/16 afternoon with no package details and no expected delivery date, just an "origin scan" in Memphis.

Silver 128 came 9/16, but I work and VZW disabled "hold for pickup" option in the UPS app. VZW also disabled signature authorization on the app. I had no options other than missing my delivery on Friday and signing the UPS notice on my door to authorize the package to be left on Monday. This makes no sense at all, since i ultimately authorized the package to be left on my porch anyway, I just had to wait until Monday for the 2nd delivery attempt of a phone that was in stock everywhere all weekend. I would have had it earlier and easier if I hadn't preordered.

Monday, 9/19 my matte black 128 finally left Memphis after sitting for three days. It never showed up in the UPS app because Verizon is sending it to "[My Name] Attn: [My name again]", which confused the UPS robots. It came all the way to my local customer center by about 9:30 pm last night, but UPS didn't put it on a truck today. It got a "destination scan" at about 6:30 am. It's just sitting there. But I can't go pick it up because of VZW's delivery restrictions. If this goes like the silver one, I am still two days out of having it in hand, because the driver still needs to leave me a note to sign and come back the following day. Meanwhile, the 128 MB 7 is in stock at the local apple store. That makes two phones I will actually have in my hands several days LATER than I would have had them if I hadn't preordered.

I'm not doing this again.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Received an email from Verizon at 4am with tracking number, however it's telling me no tracking number found check back later. How soon have you people received any movement after receiving tracking number?

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Ok Gang, so I just got off the phone with the direct of orders for Verizon.

She said that the main issue is that Apple sent VZW ZERO Iphone 7 Pluses.

They literally have no inventory for the phones currently.

The 9/28 date is the earliest ship date for the phones but on her system they are showing shipping 11/16 (for the 9/28 orders).

tlh003

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Mine is delivered! Fiance was home to sign for it.

UPS never said out for delivery, and never gave me a delivery date online!
did you get any information at all? mine still says no information available at this time

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

The 9/28 date is the earliest ship date for the phones but on her system they are showing shipping 11/16 (for the 9/28 orders).
This is another instance where Verizon reps are wrong and just pushing words out of their meat holes. My iPhone 7+ should be here today. Others have also received theirs. The conclusion I draw is that they are indeed sending the iPhone 7+ to customers. They literally do have inventory best I can tell. Call that rep back and point her to this thread. Tell her to just say "I don't know" instead of making crud up.

Reactions: Krissy_21 and rp100

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

I dunno I think some 9/28 iPhone+ people have gotten their orders, that could be the case for JB though.

I'm sure Apple will be getting Verizon a shipment soon though, they are the biggest carrier after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.