Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maryinsouthie

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Minnesota
So my date was gone, now it's back. Now I also have (6s+) return box order processing as well. When I call 611 get "order is pending shipment, will be shipped by 10/12".

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Just got this text! Excited my phone is finally coming soon!

Bought damn time I got some progress!

Ordered an iPhone 7 jet black 256GB

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 230

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
I canceled my 32gb Iphone 7 Plus, for Oct 5. I instead reserved at apple and picked it up a few minutes ago and traded in my phone to Verizon for the promo. Im done :)

The trade in was at the Verizon store? Did they give you any proof that you will get the $650?

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
Finally got my + 128GB Silver! Original ship date of 9/28 - shipping dreams do come true.

It hisses and is pretty big, but I'm happy. Hopefully my hand gets stronger.

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I don't think anyone with a jet black 9/23 shipping day is going to be getting it on 9/23 there would've been someone by now with shipping info. All of the expected dates probably disappeared so they could change them to a later date. LOL

Mine disappeared this afternoon. JB 7 256...

ArmorDan

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
I know the feeling. I've stayed up late to preorder every phone since the 3GS (AT&T, then switched to Verizon with the 4S). This is the first time ever that I havent had the new iPhone on launch day. pretty disappointed.
I am pretty happy with my apple watch 2 though

I feel the same way. Having owned and pre-ordered every iPhone since the original and most of the time I've had zero issues. I feel like the last two iPhone launches have been a cluster. I miss the days when Ron Johnson was heading up retail. I've NEVER seen an apple launch where they didn't have inventory available on at the store on Launch Day.

If I had to guess, it has to do with Angela pushing everyone to reservations and the IUP. I was up till midnight, got my phone reserved for release day; but it said I had to pick up in store and no reservations were available. My spot in line finally lapsed so I planned to do an overnight to get my 7+, but was HUGELY disappointed when it was announced that there would be ZERO inventory available for the plus on launch day.

I understand Angela wants to push for reservations and not have customers wait overnight in line, but I still feel lining up at Apple stores for their new products should be an option in the event you miss out on the pre-orders.

bean dip

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm sure they're getting bulk shipments in and shipping out in bulk. My guess is they will ship all the 23 at the same time.

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I just got a tracking number. Ups ground. Tracking number doesn't work yet but it says it shipped yesterday?

This doesn't help anybody. Without the phone model, size, color, original shipping date, this info is useless. Unless the point was to seek applause or rub it in :)

bean dip

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
The funny thing is that the jet black is a unicorn now but in a month or so anyone will be able to walk into a store and grab one. :)

Reactions: ahw5071

noshooz

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Central Maryland
Arrgghhhh. Finally got my "your order has shipped!" e-mail from Verizon this morning around 8:30 that included a UPS tracking number. I've been plugging that number into the UPS tracking page all day long and keep getting "UPS could not locate the shipping details for your request." :( It's like I'm back to square one, when I was continuously checking VzW for the status of my "pending" order. I was half hoping for delivery tomorrow (Thu 22), but since it's already 7pm I'm beginning to doubt that. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well, not long after this post I check again - and there it is. Origin scan in Horsham, PA with scheduled delivery tomorrow. Happy camper am I.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivia23

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
I reserved through the link that was going around at 12:05am today (I work overnights so no I wasn't up just for this LOL), which automatically is for the iPhone Upgrade Program, but when you get there to pick up the phone, you can pay however you want...I choice the device payment plan through Verizon. My 6s was bought outright, so, after I got done at Apple, I went next door to Verizon, gave them my 6s and all is well :)
[doublepost=1474490311][/doublepost]

When you reserve the phone through the link, you're doing just that, reserving the phone to be picked up. They don't care how you pay once you get it...I chose device payment plan through Verizon.

As far as anything in writing, yes, I got a printed receipt from Verizon with all the details :)

AWESOME! I'm just very skeptical when it comes to Verizon, so I would want that trade in promo proof! Haha. I may be trying this. :)

Reactions: JeepGirl06

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
I wonder why my ship date has disappeared from the Verizon site? It was scheduled to ship on 10/26. The phone is a Jet Black Plus 256GB.

Last edited:

McLaren_9th

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Got charged last night. And check status page said "Your order has been sent to warehouse for shipment. " And expected date is 9/20. No tracking info so far. Anybody have the same sitiuation?

Caviar_X

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
I wonder why my ship date has disappeared from the Verizon site? It was scheduled to ship on 10/26. The phone is a Jet Black Plus 256GB.

Mine disappeared as well. Also unusual is I'm seeing orders shipped a few weeks ago for orders I never placed?!? It only popped up within the last few hours because surely that is a glitch. I'm not going to worry about that yet but if it doesn't go away within the next few days I'm calling VZ.

Reactions: arftech99
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.