Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InZain86

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
A few observations/thoughts:

Thank you to all of you that are canceling your 128 JB 7+ and going to the matte black instead. We appreciate you making another phone available and possibly shortening the delivery time for one lucky person.

I personally will be holding out for the jet black, I like the idea that a new process was used on the aluminum to make a very special, very shiny surface; much like black patent shoes which were very popular when I was a young girl.

You don't need to slam the special finish by telling us we will be so unlucky/upset/disappointed when the special finish on our phones are scratched. I have always kept a case on my phone, I've never had a cracked or scratched screen (knock wood). I'm willing to bet a bunch of companies pop up with scratch repair creams much like they did way back when the phone was made of glass.

Don't poop on our parade! We are happy you are happy with your matte black finish.

I was thinking of things my shiny new phone will be able to do that a matte finish would not:
1. I can check to see if there is spinach stuck in my teeth.
2. I can signal aircraft if I'm trapped on a deserted island, obviously if it's deserted I wouldn't have LTE service!
3. I can use the shiny finish to blind my nosy neighbor that is always trying to look into my front window.
4. I can use it as a conversation starter when meeting new people, I'll just hold it up in front of me and wait for someone to say, "ooooh, is that the new jet black super shiny finish??"

So keep on canceling those 128 JBs!
Wow with the Matte Black finish we can
1. Turn on the selfie cam to see if I have food in my teeth.
2. I'll be able to signal an aircraft with the flash.
3. I can blind my neighbors with the flash
4. Studies have shown you won't be able to do this for long but Matte Black owners can!
Boo-yah

Aznjules86

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Sorry if this was covered.

I am thinking about cancel my preorder through VZ. I've heard the apple store would have in stock (instead of waiting for VZ).
How does the apple reservation work?
Can I do more than one line for appointment?
How do I do the VZ payment plan at the apple store?
If I do this, how/am I eligible for the $650 VZ offer?

Thanks in advance!

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Wow with the Matte Black finish we can
1. Turn on the selfie cam to see if I have food in my teeth.
2. I'll be able to signal an aircraft with the flash.
3. I can blind my neighbors with the flash
4. Studies have shown you won't be able to do this for long but Matte Black owners can!
Boo-yah
Until your batteries die...

Reactions: PJF6387

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Mine has been charged but still no tracking number after I fixed the issue with my payment needing to be resubmitted. Hopefully I get the tracking number soon.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Mine is acting strangely too. I click the status update link on the confirmation email and it takes me to the Check Order Status screen but asks for my confirmation #. It was doing that yesterday.
Mine is doing the same

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Mine has been charged but still no tracking number after I fixed the issue with my payment needing to be resubmitted. Hopefully I get the tracking number soon.
[doublepost=1474489016][/doublepost]double post. Sorry

RosieRN

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
I've been watching this thread since 9/9 and I wanted to let you guys know that I got my 7+ 128g MB today at the Apple Store after reserving through the IUP link at midnight. My original ship date with Verizon was 10/5, and I had no movement so I gave Apple at shot. They didn't give me any trouble about using carrier financing instead of IUP. In and out with my phone in less than 30 mins.

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
So have any of you had luck using a FedEx signature release form if you couldn't be home for delivery? If so which form did you use? I've seen a couple different versions online.

Gadifer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
i have a Fedex ground tracking number and my MB 128 7+ is scheduled to arrive on 9/23. This was ordered 8 AM on 9/9 and always had a 9/23 shipping/arrival date. I hope everyone else in my boat also has, or soon gets, the same good news.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
On your confirmation email you are provided your PREORDER CONFIRMATION #, ORDER #, ORDER LOCATION #, ORDER DATE, AND DELIVER BY DATE.

To check the status of your order on preorder.verizonwireless.com. You use your PREORDER CONFIRMATION # and LAST NAME/BUSINESS NAME.

I do not need to explain myself. I have done this for the past 5 years and nothing has changed.

View attachment 656390
View attachment 656391
weird cause when I click on order status it brings this up, I don't even have the option of putting in an order number or last name

Attachments

• IMG_1628.PNG
    IMG_1628.PNG
    65.6 KB · Views: 114

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I've never seen UPS tracking behave like I've seen it today. I was able to track my iPhones at every stop--I would see the arrival and departure scans each time it hit a new place. It never gave me an estimated delivery date the entire time, but got 3 different departure scans at the final hub this morning. Right now it's saying they'll be here by the end of the day today, but still never got marked as "out for delivery". Something is definitely screwy with my shipment.

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
plus silver 256gb 10/5 ship

My ship date has been gone all day today, I keep telling myself it's a glitch but it's still maddening! Quit playing games with my emotions Verizon!

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
just curious how they're able to do the Verizon payment plan if you purchase from apple??? When I tried to do it on apple's website, it wanted me to apply for a new credit card to do the payment plan?

Thanks

I reserved through the link that was going around at 12:05am today (I work overnights so no I wasn't up just for this LOL), which automatically is for the iPhone Upgrade Program, but when you get there to pick up the phone, you can pay however you want...I choice the device payment plan through Verizon. My 6s was bought outright, so, after I got done at Apple, I went next door to Verizon, gave them my 6s and all is well :)
[doublepost=1474490311][/doublepost]
Not that I don't believe you, but how did you make them do this? Did they give you anything in writing that says you're going to get the $650? It just seems weird when from what I understood you had to buy the phone through Verizon.... Also, how did you reserve through Apple with Verizon payment plan?

When you reserve the phone through the link, you're doing just that, reserving the phone to be picked up. They don't care how you pay once you get it...I chose device payment plan through Verizon.

As far as anything in writing, yes, I got a printed receipt from Verizon with all the details :)

MidnightSVT

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
i have a Fedex ground tracking number and my MB 128 7+ is scheduled to arrive on 9/23. This was ordered 8 AM on 9/9 and always had a 9/23 shipping/arrival date. I hope everyone else in my boat also has, or soon gets, the same good news.

Was your order at 8:00 AM PST or EST??

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Pris0315

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I reserved through the link that was going around at 12:05am today (I work overnights so no I wasn't up just for this LOL), which automatically is for the iPhone Upgrade Program, but when you get there to pick up the phone, you can pay however you want...I choice the device payment plan through Verizon. My 6s was bought outright, so, after I got done at Apple, I went next door to Verizon, gave them my 6s and all is well :)
[doublepost=1474490311][/doublepost]

When you reserve the phone through the link, you're doing just that, reserving the phone to be picked up. They don't care how you pay once you get it...I chose device payment plan through Verizon.

As far as anything in writing, yes, I got a printed receipt from Verizon with all the details :)

Yes that was my question I just went and picked up a phone at apple. Then went to Verizon and asked if I would receive the $650 he said he was unsure. I have to back it up first but am going to see what happens tomorrow.

kingranch13

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Illinois
So I was using chat for a non iphone 7 related account question. Once I had that resolved I inquired about my conflicting dates and the guy told me "my order would ship or deliver on or before 9/30." So I asked which was it, ship on 9/30 or deliver on 9/30 and his response was, "Yes that is correct."

Wow they truly are completely clueless.

PJF6387

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
I feel pretty stupid for staying up until 3am on preorder launch day to place an order. Placed order at 3:16am on 9/9, yet there seem to be countless orders currently being shipped that were placed several hours (or even days) later.

I guess that's what I get for wanting the 256gb JB 7+. I'd settle for MB at this point. Might cancel if I see a 256gb MB 7+ pop up at a local Apple Store tonight at 12:01. I'm not *THIS* attached to the idea of the JB model.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Timjtitus

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Handled a JB 7 and a MB 7+ today at the Apple Store. The JB was a smudge magnent but wasn't scratched up as far as I can tell. The difference between the MB and the JB isn't worth the wait or the head ache IMO. If I didn't have a ship date of 9/23 for my JB+ I would be going after a MB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.