Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
I cancelled my 128 MB 7+ order last night. I ordered on 9/9 at 12:30 PM. It had a 10/05 ship date.

I was able to get a reservation for the same phone at my local Apple Store. I'll pick it up at 3PM PST. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Same phone ordered same time. Only wish I had an Apple Store nearby.

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
On your confirmation email you are provided your PREORDER CONFIRMATION #, ORDER #, ORDER LOCATION #, ORDER DATE, AND DELIVER BY DATE.

To check the status of your order on preorder.verizonwireless.com. You use your PREORDER CONFIRMATION # and LAST NAME/BUSINESS NAME.

I do not need to explain myself. I have done this for the past 5 years and nothing has changed.

View attachment 656390
View attachment 656391

Look we understand what you are saying and that YOU have success with these numbers, the point is that it doesn't work for everyone. Please don't assume we are incompetent enough to continually punch in the wrong number
[doublepost=1474479209][/doublepost]
What part of the country are you in?

Montana, so obviously in a different area than Ohio ;)

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
10/12 MB 7+ 32gb nothing yet no charge nothing. When I call *611 from my phone it now tells me my order is preparing for shipment by 10/12 up until a few days ago it would tell me to get my order status online.

now it automatically gives my order status. I hope that means it's going to ship soon. All last night MyVerizon site kept giving me a notification to check status of my recent order but never had any updated info.

Never ordered an iPhone before for launch and I must say I'm highly disappointed I knew it might take a little longer due to high demand but it's a little concerning to see stores stocking small availability but preorders left unfulfilled. /end sad rant

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
Interesting. First time my EDD has disappeared on Verizon's site.

iPhone + 32GB MB

EDD was 10/5 ordered 9/9 in the afternoon.

EDIT: It's back at 10/5 :(

Last edited:

ThatGuyinUtah

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Utah
I have a sickness. Just called *611 for the first time. Hoping beyond hope they would give me different info than what I get when I check the preorder page [about 5x a day]. No joy for me today. MB 128gb 7+ still has a 10/5 pending shipment date.

I seriously need to go on a fast from this forum. Seeing all the folks getting their phones earlier than their shipment date is giving me false hope. But I suppose, false hope is better than no hope.

Reactions: Mpm89

Mpm89

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Look we understand what you are saying and that YOU have success with these numbers, the point is that it doesn't work for everyone. Please don't assume we are incompetent enough to continually punch in the wrong number
[doublepost=1474479209][/doublepost]

Montana, so obviously in a different area than Ohio ;)

Yup. All my numbers were different and the confirmation # was absolutely not in the confirmation email I received. I had to call and speak to a VZW rep in order to get that confirmation number for me to access the pre order status page.

Also still no movement on my 128 MB 7+, ordered 9/9 before 1am west coast. Stuck on a 10/5 ship date :(

stpaddy81

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
What is everyone saying to get their order status from 611? I just said "order status" and it wanted to send me to a customer service rep.

alantasdf

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2016
Just FYI. I have checked the iPhone reserve and pickup throughout the day and have noticed that some iPhones become available. This may be because people are reserving and not showing up. So you don't just have to check at 12:01am. For example, I checked around 7:00am this morning and there were no pluses available. Checked about 10 minutes ago and now there are some. No jet blacks though.

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
This is all I see when I check my order status..no cancel button..nothing :( How should I go about cancelling if I need to do so? I know I can call, but I want to make sure my upgrade is available when I go to Apple today.... I don't want anything holding me up ... Any help is greatly appreciated!!

View attachment 656081
That's the different link let me see if I can find the other one

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Mine hasn't yet, but after the phone has shipped, can I change the shipping address if I have UPS and FedEx accounts??

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Ordered a 256gb Jet Black iPhone 7+ from Verizon at 3:16am on 9/9 (16 mins after preorder launch). Order confirmation at 3:22am. Ship date has been stuck on 9/28 ever since. No movement. No changes. No CC charges. Nothing.

I'm getting frustrated. I've been checking Apple Store stock every night at 12:01am too, and there are typically zero 256gb Jet Black 7+'s anywhere in the country at Apple retail stores. Has *anyone* seen movement on these?

Same phone for me, same ship date, the date has disappeared and reappeared a few times, but other than that, no movement...
[doublepost=1474482725][/doublepost]
It's showing no results found so I still have no way of cancelling and need to be at the Apple store in an hour :(

when I cut and pasted the number I got the same thing, typing it in manually worked for me...

twrule

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Lakeland, Florida
[doublepost=1474482893][/doublepost]
Let us know how it goes for you! I checked the available phones at the 3 stores near me this morning and one is offering a 128 RG 7+ and one is offering a 32 JB 7+. I don't want either of those! :)

A Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus doesn't come in a 32GB configuration.

EyeDoc17

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Texas
Interesting. First time my EDD has disappeared on Verizon's site.

iPhone + 32GB MB

EDD was 10/5 ordered 9/9 in the afternoon.

EDIT: It's back at 10/5 :(
Mine disappeared too! Last night about 6:00pm and still hasn't returned!
Iphone 7+ 128 Matte black
Ordered 9/20 (i know, late!!)
Did say 11/09 EDD, but just says "check back later", no date

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
14424882_10209860643374853_8924833687313829437_o.jpg Well I'm back!!!! And I can confirm that you can DEFINITELY do the Verizon Device Payment plan when you reserve a phone at the Apple store ..and..... after I had my new baby all set up, I went right next door to the Verizon store and handed in my 6s and the rep said "so you wanna turn this in for the $650 credit right?" I said yup! And was out the door in like 5 mins!! Sooo happy I don't have to wait 3 more weeks! Am loving my new 7 plus!!!!!!

phoebe_buffay

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Dallas
I have a better story. Ordered the exact phone, at around the same time Eastern Time, Verizon changed my ship date from 9/23 to 10/5 for about three hours, then changed it back to shipping on 9/23.

I'm convinced someone at Verizon is reading this forum and messing with us...:mad:

Yes I was going to say, initially it told me 10/5 then it went to 9/23 and hasn't changed since.

PJF6387

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
Same phone for me, same ship date, the date has disappeared and reappeared a few times, but other than that, no movement...

Glad to know I'm not alone. I've checked the order status page and the pending charges on my credit card at least 3 to 4 times per day. Still nothing.

Dancezwitwolves

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
A few observations/thoughts:

Thank you to all of you that are canceling your 128 JB 7+ and going to the matte black instead. We appreciate you making another phone available and possibly shortening the delivery time for one lucky person.

I personally will be holding out for the jet black, I like the idea that a new process was used on the aluminum to make a very special, very shiny surface; much like black patent shoes which were very popular when I was a young girl.

You don't need to slam the special finish by telling us we will be so unlucky/upset/disappointed when the special finish on our phones are scratched. I have always kept a case on my phone, I've never had a cracked or scratched screen (knock wood). I'm willing to bet a bunch of companies pop up with scratch repair creams much like they did way back when the phone was made of glass.

Don't poop on our parade! We are happy you are happy with your matte black finish.

I was thinking of things my shiny new phone will be able to do that a matte finish would not:
1. I can check to see if there is spinach stuck in my teeth.
2. I can signal aircraft if I'm trapped on a deserted island, obviously if it's deserted I wouldn't have LTE service!
3. I can use the shiny finish to blind my nosy neighbor that is always trying to look into my front window.
4. I can use it as a conversation starter when meeting new people, I'll just hold it up in front of me and wait for someone to say, "ooooh, is that the new jet black super shiny finish??"

So keep on canceling those 128 JBs!

Lol I love this! I'm also holding out for the JB+ finish 128gb which isn't due to ship till 11/16. I'm hoping all these cancellations moves up my date but either way I can wait.

Reactions: kstclaire

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Just an update. Finally got my MB 128+ today from FedEx. Ordered 2:45 am CST 09/09.

I do not have a yellow screen nor a humming back Apple logo. Good luck to all. Now to find my wife one...

Reactions: emoe76 and DIGGDEEP

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
View attachment 656443 Well I'm back!!!! And I can confirm that you can DEFINITELY do the Verizon Device Payment plan when you reserve a phone at the Apple store ..and..... after I had my new baby all set up, I went right next door to the Verizon store and handed in my 6s and the rep said "so you wanna turn this in for the $650 credit right?" I said yup! And was out the door in like 5 mins!! Sooo happy I don't have to wait 3 more weeks! Am loving my new 7 plus!!!!!!

just curious how they're able to do the Verizon payment plan if you purchase from apple??? When I tried to do it on apple's website, it wanted me to apply for a new credit card to do the payment plan?

Thanks

Maryinsouthie

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Minnesota
just curious how they're able to do the Verizon payment plan if you purchase from apple??? When I tried to do it on apple's website, it wanted me to apply for a new credit card to do the payment plan?

Thanks
For whatever reason the option is not available online, but can be done in the store.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
View attachment 656443 Well I'm back!!!! And I can confirm that you can DEFINITELY do the Verizon Device Payment plan when you reserve a phone at the Apple store ..and..... after I had my new baby all set up, I went right next door to the Verizon store and handed in my 6s and the rep said "so you wanna turn this in for the $650 credit right?" I said yup! And was out the door in like 5 mins!! Sooo happy I don't have to wait 3 more weeks! Am loving my new 7 plus!!!!!!

Not that I don't believe you, but how did you make them do this? Did they give you anything in writing that says you're going to get the $650? It just seems weird when from what I understood you had to buy the phone through Verizon.... Also, how did you reserve through Apple with Verizon payment plan?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.