Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
When did you order? I have a 10/5 date as well. I've been checking my bank account way to damn much haha. When we're you charged as well?
That's my date also 10/5. I ordered the jet black 128gb iphone 7 plus at 3:15 or so. Still processing :(

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I did that and it said No results found for given confirmation number ..all I have is a preorder number, ace number and location number..no confirm # :(
And yes, the confirmation number is completely different regardless of what anyone else here is going to tell you based on their no-experience. I have a confirmation number (had to call Verizon to get it), an internet order number, and an ACE number. All of them are different.
[doublepost=1474475607][/doublepost]
Agree. It doesn't look likely they are going to make it by 9/23. Looks like that "ship by 9/33" is a reality. If we are lucky....
If yours ships on 9/33 you will get it on the 12th of Never. (Just picking on you. :) )

Reactions: chairman16

phoebe_buffay

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Dallas
I ordered my 7+ JB 128gb on 9/9 after the Verizon site finally let me in at 2:20 am central time. it says Ship Date 9/23 and I can't believe how quickly it backed up that far.

Last edited:

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
View attachment 656342 When I try to check status from the email it makes me login, unlike before. And there is no longer a preorder number only a order number. Ship date is still missing.
I noticed that too. Clicking on the link in the email no longer takes me directly to a page to check my order status. My thought on this is 1) We broke the system with our OCD checking habits, 2) that option expired because it's only valid for so long - it's not usual for their products to take weeks to be shipped, 3) They changed the system on us because they are imagining us all freaking out and they think it's funny. :)

Reactions: Moore94

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Has ANYONE with 10/5 ship date seen any movement? Also, has anyone even received a Jet Black + yet?
Mine is still 10/5 and it's the jet black 128gb still processing.
[doublepost=1474476384][/doublepost]
Ordered 7+ 128GB JB on 9/9 03:15 EST. Shipping date was 9/23 till yesterday but disappeared since morning. spoke to a customer service associate and she confirmed the date is still 9/23 and it will ship on 9/23 without any delay.
Mine is the exact same model and order time as yours but mine still says processing. When I call *611 the automated voice says it sees I have an order that will be shipped 9/23 but I still haven't been charged yet!!!

Last edited:

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Well I'm off to the Apple store to pick up my reserved phone...still haven't cancelled my preorder..wanna make sure I actually get the phone first LOL...hopefully I won't be there all day LOL
Let us know how it goes for you! I checked the available phones at the 3 stores near me this morning and one is offering a 128 RG 7+ and one is offering a 32 JB 7+. I don't want either of those! :)

Reactions: JeepGirl06

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
The link in the confirmation email used to take me directly to the status
Let us know how it goes for you! I checked the available phones at the 3 stores near me this morning and one is offering a 128 RG 7+ and one is offering a 32 JB 7+. I don't want either of those! :)

Except JB doesnt come in 32gb

Doncisco88

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I noticed that too. Clicking on the link in the email no longer takes me directly to a page to check my order status. My thought on this is 1) We broke the system with our OCD checking habits, 2) that option expired because it's only valid for so long - it's not usual for their products to take weeks to be shipped, 3) They changed the system on us because they are imagining us all freaking out and they think it's funny. :)
Don't mean to be a downer.. but come on, weeks to ship?!! Lol. The phone only released 5 days ago ..We all need to chill :)

cbruce76

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
I cancelled my 128 MB 7+ order last night. I ordered on 9/9 at 12:30 PM. It had a 10/05 ship date.

I was able to get a reservation for the same phone at my local Apple Store. I'll pick it up at 3PM PST. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
A few observations/thoughts:

Thank you to all of you that are canceling your 128 JB 7+ and going to the matte black instead. We appreciate you making another phone available and possibly shortening the delivery time for one lucky person.

I personally will be holding out for the jet black, I like the idea that a new process was used on the aluminum to make a very special, very shiny surface; much like black patent shoes which were very popular when I was a young girl.

You don't need to slam the special finish by telling us we will be so unlucky/upset/disappointed when the special finish on our phones are scratched. I have always kept a case on my phone, I've never had a cracked or scratched screen (knock wood). I'm willing to bet a bunch of companies pop up with scratch repair creams much like they did way back when the phone was made of glass.

Don't poop on our parade! We are happy you are happy with your matte black finish.

I was thinking of things my shiny new phone will be able to do that a matte finish would not:
1. I can check to see if there is spinach stuck in my teeth.
2. I can signal aircraft if I'm trapped on a deserted island, obviously if it's deserted I wouldn't have LTE service!
3. I can use the shiny finish to blind my nosy neighbor that is always trying to look into my front window.
4. I can use it as a conversation starter when meeting new people, I'll just hold it up in front of me and wait for someone to say, "ooooh, is that the new jet black super shiny finish??"

So keep on canceling those 128 JBs!

InZain86

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
If you post that you got charged, or got shipped, it helps nobody unless you post the phone model, color, size too. It's really useless to everyone else unless they can see how it ought affect their own order.

Always post your phone model, color and size!!
Also please include what day and time (including time zone) you placed your order. I've seen one to many posts that include a time but not the time zone which helps very little due to us all not living in the same time zone.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I ordered my 7+ JB 128gb on 9/9 after the Verizon site finally let me in at 2:20 am central time. & I still have yet to receive my phone. I just know it says Ship Date 9/23

I have a better story. Ordered the exact phone, at around the same time Eastern Time, Verizon changed my ship date from 9/23 to 10/5 for about three hours, then changed it back to shipping on 9/23.

I'm convinced someone at Verizon is reading this forum and messing with us...:mad:

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
And yes, the confirmation number is completely different regardless of what anyone else here is going to tell you based on their no-experience. I have a confirmation number (had to call Verizon to get it), an internet order number, and an ACE number. All of them are different.
[doublepost=1474475607][/doublepost]
If yours ships on 9/33 you will get it on the 12th of Never. (Just picking on you. :) )

your pre-order #, is your confirmation #

Reactions: Krissy_21

gadgetmonster

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
My preorders:
-9/19 for a 128GB Rose Gold, planned 11/16 ship date.
-9/21 for a 128GB Silver, planned 11/2 ship date.

I had wanted to use the apple store reservation program to get one but I am on the annual iphone upgrade program with Verizon(and getting some discounts with my service for doing this) so it doesn't work to pickup one at an apple store because you are not on the annual upgrade program anymore with Verizon. So, patience is a virtue in my case. I hope we do not have to wait until November because then we would have to wait longer to get 8's next year because verizon makes you pay off 50% of the device before you can upgrade.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
your pre-order #, is your confirmation #
uhhh, no it's not. I have three different numbers, one is called the Internet order number, one is called the ACE order number and one is called the Confirmation number. All three of them are completely different.

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
uhhh, no it's not. I have three different numbers, one is called the Internet order number, one is called the ACE order number and one is called the Confirmation number. All three of them are completely different.

I can confirm 100% it is. When you go to the Order Status page, it asks you for your Confirmation # and Last Name. I type in my pre-order # and last name and I get my status.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I can confirm 100% it is. When you go to the Order Status page, it asks you for your Confirmation # and Last Name. I type in my pre-order # and last name and I get my status.
Well, I can absolutely confirm it is NOT (there's a chance you are wrong since this isn't happening to you) because I have all three numbers, they are all different, and using the Internet order number or ACE number do not work on that confirmation page. So maybe for YOU and some others that's the case, but it is not so for everyone. And if someone tells you that using those numbers does not work on that page then SOMETHING is different.
Holy cow, don't make me ask you how old you are.

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
uL08ha8.png

Welp, they said it would be here by 9/23 so I can't fault them for that. Would have been nice to get it earlier but I'm excited none the less.

InZain86

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Wanted to update everyone on my order status.
Phones ordered:
iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Matte Black
iPhone 7 128GB Rose Gold

9/9 @ 4:43am CST - Order Placed
9/9 @ 4:50am CST - Received confirmation with a deliver by date of 9/23
9/18 - Order changed from a deliver by date to a ship by 9/30 date
9/20 @ ~8:30pm CST - Pending charge for order on bank account
9/21 @ 8:21am CST - Received tracking and shipping information, shipping via UPSGROUND2
9/21 @ 12:22pm CST - Tracking information still not available

Does anyone know how long it takes for the tracking information to become available?

Last edited:

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Well, I can absolutely confirm it is NOT (there's a chance you are wrong since this isn't happening to you) because I have all three numbers, they are all different, and using the Internet order number or ACE number do not work on that confirmation page. So maybe for YOU and some others that's the case, but it is not so for everyone. And if someone tells you that using those numbers does not work on that page then SOMETHING is different.
Holy cow, don't make me ask you how old you are.

On your confirmation email you are provided your PREORDER CONFIRMATION #, ORDER #, ORDER LOCATION #, ORDER DATE, AND DELIVER BY DATE.

To check the status of your order on preorder.verizonwireless.com. You use your PREORDER CONFIRMATION # and LAST NAME/BUSINESS NAME.

I do not need to explain myself. I have done this for the past 5 years and nothing has changed.

upload_2016-9-21_13-26-18.png

upload_2016-9-21_13-26-37.png

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

I can confirm 100% that I get nothing when I type in either my pre-order/internet number (same for me) or my ACE number.

Basically it's different for each area, probably depends on location code

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.