Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pris0315

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I feel pretty stupid for staying up until 3am on preorder launch day to place an order. Placed order at 3:16am on 9/9, yet there seem to be countless orders currently being shipped that were placed several hours (or even days) later.

I guess that's what I get for wanting the 256gb JB 7+. I'd settle for MB at this point. Might cancel if I see a 256gb MB 7+ pop up at a local Apple Store tonight at 12:01. I'm not *THIS* attached to the idea of the JB model.

I just picked the MB 7+ 128GB at apple. Painless process will never order through Verizon again.

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Sorry if this was covered.

I am thinking about cancel my preorder through VZ. I've heard the apple store would have in stock (instead of waiting for VZ).
How does the apple reservation work?
Can I do more than one line for appointment?
How do I do the VZ payment plan at the apple store?
If I do this, how/am I eligible for the $650 VZ offer?

Thanks in advance!
You can reserve using Apple reservation link it says for upgrade program but if they ask at store just say you don't want credit check and they'll log you into verizon for the plan.

You need more then one Apple ID and the person to go with you I had to go on 2 sep days for 2 phones their sticklers on that

Not sure if u are eligible for 650 offer that's direct from vz stock. You should call on that one too vz first.

Apple has stock but you'll need to get on early like 1201 am for the pluses it works just a bit of work to do it
[doublepost=1474492359][/doublepost]
You can reserve using Apple reservation link it says for upgrade program but if they ask at store just say you don't want credit check and they'll log you into verizon for the plan.

You need more then one Apple ID and the person to go with you I had to go on 2 sep days for 2 phones their sticklers on that

Not sure if u are eligible for 650 offer that's direct from vz stock. You should call on that one too vz first.

Apple has stock but you'll need to get on early like 1201 am for the pluses it works just a bit of work to do it
One other piece of advice if you're in a busy Apple store area get the earliest appt you can because the waits stack up during the day

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016

Anyone have the link for the reservation

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I just picked the MB 7+ 128GB at apple. Painless process will never order through Verizon again.
Agreed the Apple process was super easy vz was a joke no movement and no info. Never again for ordering through vz next year will be even worse.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Agreed the Apple process was super easy vz was a joke no movement and no info. Never again for ordering through vz next year will be even worse.
Even if I'm going to return my phone and get on a payment plan, what's this apple reservation link

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Anyone have the link for the reservation
I'm not exactly sure as I deleted it but it's in this forum about 20 or 30 pages back I believe it's the one for upgrade stock but don't stress on that everyone is using it and it works

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
My phones have arrived, and this roller coaster is over!!! Here are my stats if it helps anyone:

ORDERED: 9/9 3:16am EST
PHONES: 7+ 128 MB and 7 128 MB
SHIPPING QUOTE: 9/23
CHARGED: 9/18 11:00am EST
TRACKING EMAIL: 9/19 11:30am EST
SHIPPED: 9/19 2:18pm EST (Memphis, TN)
DELIVERED: 9/21 1:30pm EST (Michigan)

LESSON LEARNED: Never order more than ONE phone per order.

*Tracking info never had a delivery date, which I have never seen in all my UPS dealings. I had to open a chat to have them investigate, because I had 4 other non-related UPS shipments scanned as "On Vehicle for Delivery" today, but the phones only said "Destination Scan" at my local hub.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Even if I'm going to return my phone and get on a payment plan, what's this apple reservation link
Which payment plan? If your on the vz annual plan I think you need to go to them directly otherwise I would sell the phone pay off verizon and just get the new one at the Apple store if you didn't want to wait

Reactions: Moore94

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
My phones have arrived, and this roller coaster is over!!! Here are my stats if it helps anyone:

ORDERED: 9/9 3:16am EST
PHONES: 7+ 128 MB and 7 128 MB
CHARGED: 9/18 11:00am EST
TRACKING EMAIL: 9/19 11:30am EST
SHIPPED: 9/19 2:18pm EST (Memphis, TN)
DELIVERED: 9/21 1:30pm EST (Michigan)

LESSON LEARNED: Never order more than ONE phone per order.

*Tracking info never had a delivery date, which I have never seen in all my UPS dealings. I had to open a chat to have them investigate, because I had 4 other non-related UPS shipments scanned as "On Vehicle for Delivery" today, but the phones only said "Destination Scan" at my local hub.
What was your ship date via email confirmation

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
The 11/2 ship by date has disappeared from the order page on My Verizon, for my 7+ 128 JB preordered on 9/9. It only says processing. Hope that means something. At least I'm not having to see that date which made me angry every time I check it, since my original date was 10/5.

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
I feel pretty stupid for staying up until 3am on preorder launch day to place an order. Placed order at 3:16am on 9/9, yet there seem to be countless orders currently being shipped that were placed several hours (or even days) later.

I know the feeling. I've stayed up late to preorder every phone since the 3GS (AT&T, then switched to Verizon with the 4S). This is the first time ever that I havent had the new iPhone on launch day. pretty disappointed.
I am pretty happy with my apple watch 2 though

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
There are a bunch of ship by 9/23 guys with 7+ 128 GB JB phones that are seeing no movement whatsoever, myself included. I mean, it's 36 hours from 9/23. Certainly hoping I see something soon. Starting to get a pretty annoyed at seeing "processing" 15 times a day.

Mpm89

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Just to be another witness, the reserve link is helpful throughout the day. As Apple stores get shipments and no shows products become available and show up in the search.

Going to pick up a 128 MB 7+ in a few hours! Can't keep waiting for Verizon...

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
There are a bunch of ship by 9/23 guys with 7+ 128 GB JB phones that are seeing no movement whatsoever, myself included. I mean, it's 36 hours from 9/23. Certainly hoping I see something soon. Starting to get a pretty annoyed at seeing "processing" 15 times a day.
Agreed.

I've held off calling Verizon reps since I know they can't help. I gave in and called, just wanted to make sure my order wasn't cancelled or something crazy like that. They quoted me a completely different date than what shows when I check the order status online. They quoted me the 10/5 shipment date that is in the e-mail from the original order.

I really need to stop obsessing and stalking these forums for updates and comments. Just makes the wait worse. #firstworldproblems #Isuckatwaiting #magnetbath

Reactions: Krissy_21

Doncisco88

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I honestly don't believe all of us with 9/23 dates are going to see any movement by 23rd. It's just doesn't seem possible for all the 23rd pre orders to be filled by the 23rd.. especially after seeing no movement as of yet.

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
I honestly don't believe all of us with 9/23 dates are going to see any movement by 23rd. It's just doesn't seem possible for all the 23rd pre orders to be filled by the 23rd.. especially after seeing no movement as of yet.
I don't think anyone with a jet black 9/23 shipping day is going to be getting it on 9/23 there would've been someone by now with shipping info. All of the expected dates probably disappeared so they could change them to a later date. LOL

Rleelfd7

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2014
Lynchburg , VA
More info please. What phone/type/size//etc?
2 128 gb 7 plus. One rg one mb. Email confirmation 8:18 on 9/9 with an expected ship date of 9/23. When I checked status up until this morning, when my cc was charged, it said expected to ship by 9/28. This morning it said ship by 9/23 to match the first confirmation date. Just got an email to verify my account email address so I decided to check the order again and the tracking info was there saying it was shipped yesterday. Ups hasn't updated it yet so I'm thinking the label was created yesterday and ups picked it up today maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.