Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phoebe_buffay

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Dallas
I honestly don't believe all of us with 9/23 dates are going to see any movement by 23rd. It's just doesn't seem possible for all the 23rd pre orders to be filled by the 23rd.. especially after seeing no movement as of yet.

I hope they keep their word. I ordered on 9/9 2:20 am central time

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
Mine disappeared as well. Also unusual is I'm seeing orders shipped a few weeks ago for orders I never placed?!? It only popped up within the last few hours because surely that is a glitch. I'm not going to worry about that yet but if it doesn't go away within the next few days I'm calling VZ.

Maybe it's just a glitch. I continue to wait on my 7Plus. :)

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
I don't think anyone with a jet black 9/23 shipping day is going to be getting it on 9/23 there would've been someone by now with shipping info. All of the expected dates probably disappeared so they could change them to a later date. LOL

Mine still says 9/23

Ordered on 9/9 and finally got charged today and got a text saying I'll get another text with shipping info when it's shipped

bdbarber97

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Very seriously considering cancelling my order (no movement, supposed to ship 10/5) & reserve through Apple and just pick it up in-store. BUT, considering the nearest Apple Store is 4 hours way in Kansas City, I just want to be sure I'll get what I'm expecting...
1) is it guaranteed what I reserve online will be available when I arrive at the store?
2) Can I pay for Verizon's pricing rather than the Apple pricing (Verizon's monthly device payment, not Apple's with Care Plan/etc.)?
3) What all do I need with me when I get to the store (Apple ID, Verizon info, etc.)?
4.) Also - would I be able to put a down payment up front on the phone (Ex: $100, 200) to lower monthly cost?

USMC_0352

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Very seriously considering cancelling my order (no movement, supposed to ship 10/5) & reserve through Apple and just pick it up in-store. BUT, considering the nearest Apple Store is 4 hours way in Kansas City, I just want to be sure I'll get what I'm expecting...
1) is it guaranteed what I reserve online will be available when I arrive at the store?
2) Can I pay for Verizon's pricing rather than the Apple pricing (Verizon's monthly device payment, not Apple's with Care Plan/etc.)?
3) What all do I need with me when I get to the store (Apple ID, Verizon info, etc.)?
4.) Also - would I be able to put a down payment up front on the phone (Ex: $100, 200) to lower monthly cost?

Apple is in fact doing carrier payments, confirmed by multiple people in Reddit iphone7/7+ megathread, yes they do reserve it for you and send you a confirmation. And if you do Verizon's monthly payment all you pay up front is activation and tax, so less than $100. But no down payment really, they do fixed rate based on the capacity you chose.

All you'll need is a payment method, cash, credit or debit.

Angel010485

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Just got this text! Excited my phone is finally coming soon!

Bought damn time I got some progress!

Ordered an iPhone 7 jet black 256GB

What state are you in? Same order 7plus 256GB, JB. Received confirmation email at 3:28 eastern time (9/9/16) with ship date of 9/28. No movement. I'm in Maryland.

Enclavet

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
This is my first time posting here at Macrumors. I have been viewing this forum for quite some time. Anyways, I pre-ordered my 7+ JB 128GB on 9/9 at 12:28AM PST and had an initial shipment date of 10/5, however just last week it jumped to 10/12. I have been looking at the inventories for the apple stores around my area, and it seems like they have a few in stock (Rose Gold/Silver) everyday. I am thinking if I should just cancel my order with Verizon and just reserve it from the apple store.

I have always received my iphone on launch day except for this year. This was also my first time preordering from Verizon. Bad experience indeed, will never order from them again.

rblahetka

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
So, I did a reserve in store just after midnight this morning and received confirmation from apple. I then canceled my online order with Verizon at 7 this morning and went to apple at noon and picked up my 7+ 128 silver. The nice thing was I able to do my 2 year contract and pay $450 for the phone with tax and keep my old phone. I have 3 lines staggered on my account, so upgrading again next year won't be an issue. I originally had a 10-19 ship date and was going to have to be on that payment plan, so this worked out better for me.

daninels13

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Dang you ordered on 9/12 and got the same ship date as me? I got up at 3am on 9/9 and my ship date is 10/5.

I know! Its crazy! I'm super annoyed that I don't have a phone yet, but I'm even more mad on behalf of everyone (including yourself) who ordered on 9/9 right at the preorder start or shortly after who STILL don't have phones and not just JB orders. Thats absolutely ridiculous! I hope your date gets bumped up somehow. :(
What did you order?

Brindlekindle

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
YJCpF
some good news. My status just changed from "Pre" to "COMPLETED"

No email confirmation to speak of yet. Ordered around 8am EST on 9/9. iPhone 7+Plus Black 128GB. Washington, DC.

daninels13

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Has ANYONE with 10/5 ship date seen any movement? Also, has anyone even received a Jet Black + yet?
1) I've had ZERO movement. UGH
2) I haven't heard of anyone who has a JB+ yet...either that or I'm not paying much attention since I'm on the lookout for 256 MBs to start showing up... :/
[doublepost=1474503759][/doublepost]
YES!!! Thank you! ;)

stpaddy81

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
Any consensus on what the disappearing delivery date/order status means on the website? One of my phones still has the status of "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back later." and a delivery date of 10/26 (Silver 7+, 128gb), the other's used to be exactly the same, but now has disappeared (Matte Black 7+ 128gb)

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
What time have they been charging people's cc? Verizon said today I would be charged tomorrow and it would ship on the 23rd

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
JUST GOT CHARGED!! Well attempt to charge, something's wrong with my card, they won't cancel my order right? Until I can get it sorted out right?
For reference I ordered a Rose Gold 7 128gb on 9/11 around 11pm est and got an original delievery date of 10/5

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
JUST GOT CHARGED!! Well attempt to charge, something's wrong with my card, they won't cancel my order right? Until I can get it sorted out right?
For reference I ordered a Rose Gold 7 128gb on 9/11 around 11pm est and got an original delievery date of 10/5

Get on the phone with Verizon customer support to sort this out.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
I just want my 10/12 ship date to move up dammit :( It went from 10/05 which was original.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.